You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lane College

Dashon

I would urge myself to complete all my spanish and math courses. I would encouraged myself to invest alot more time in research for scholarships and colleges. I would have the old me to save money that way i can buy things for myself whenever i want to. I would of been more pro active to set up campus tour dates to get the vibe of a college campus before attending. Generally, my whole attitude towards higher education would have been completely different. My preparation would enhance drastically if i could go back and talk to the younger me. Even though i cant go back im good position to reach the goals i have set for myself.

There is no school pride. Its usually very boring on campus and not a lot of positve alternatives. Very dangerous.

Gullable or one who falls quick to peer presure. An adventurous person wouldnt have alot of fun, if any.

Alvin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself helpful advice that I wish I have followed at the time. The first piece of advice I would give myself would be to prepare myself to battle “senioritis.” In that way, the high school me will remain focused more on his grades and his last chance to build up his GPA instead of focusing on how ready he is to finish school. In addition to battling “senioritis,” I would advise myself not to procrastinate on filling and sending college applications as well as looking for possible scholarships. This piece of information would be vital to me because I would be able to plan ahead to meet important deadlines so I would not have to stress as much during my last year. My final piece of advice would be to have fun and do everything possible to enjoy my last year. Keeping my guard against “senioritis,” being organized with college applications, and having fun with my last year of high school are all things that would help the high school me prosper in my transition from high school to college.

Shalonda

Lane does offer scholarships. They try to help the whole student.

Lane does offer scholarships. They try to help the whole student.

I realize the importance of a college education. I think college broadens your mind. It provokes your think. Regardless of your major there will be things that you will learn but you will also learn things from your employer. College gives the basics. College has given me analylitical skills beyond my wildest dreams. I have been exposed to so much because of college.

I believe only serious students should apply to this school. This is a very good school with a rich heritage. I think students that are only attending because their parents are making them go to school should have a serious talk to their parents.

Norma

While I was growing up, I didn't have a chance to go to school. It's been my dream to finish my education, but I grew up in the Philippines during a time when education there was very poor. In order to go to school, I had to walk about 15 miles a day. For this, my parents decided that I just had to work on the farm with them instead of going to school. Therefore, I had to dedicate myself in helping my parents grow fruits, vegetable and plant corn. Also, I took care of animals such as buffalos, cows, goats, chickens and pigs. I basically grew up in the farm working and helping my parents. Now that I have the opportunity to pursue my education, I am dedicated and determined to pursue my dream which is getting my college degree. I am a mother of two wonderful children. The older is 10 and the younger is 6 years old. I started my school last Spring of 2009. Based on my grade report, I have all "As" in all of my classes. Getting my college degree would help me get a job to support my children and myself.

Evelyn

I have grown as a person, and have learned alot so far. I hope to learn more about nursing, and i am facinated by the human body. i want to learn more, i have a appetite for more education. I hope to become a nurse and help people in the emergency, or the ICU. I have helped people all my life as well as animals and want to make it my lifes career. I think that the nursing career is a very rewarding one, and it gives you a very good sense of self-worth. I have learned a lot in my 1st year of college and am learning more and more. I love to learn and can't wait for the journey of my education to continue.

Jeanette

I have taken courses that have peaked my intrests thrice-fold in my college career. I am hoping to be able to fund my intended major of an associate degree in nursing. I have been working on this for several years now, but have recently decided that it is in my best intrest to put the pedal to the metal so to speak.

Kenneth

Everyone is in college to go to class and make grades, but a true college experience is a lot more than just grades and studying. To me, a true college experience, and what I personally have gotten out of my college career, is balancing going to class and making grades with hanging out with friends and being active on campus. Being at college has taught me how to balance my 40 hour work week, weekends having fun with friends, and being active on campus in clubs and student body activities with class, studying, and maintaining my current 3.2 GPA. There is nothing in the world that can replace the value of a true college experience. To receive my full value out of college, I lived in the dorms, worked on campus, ate on campus, and bled my team's colors at the games. There is nothing like living in a college dorm room as a broke college kid and eating the same cafeteria food week after week that makes you appreciate the finer things in life. The true value that I got out of college is that now I can appreciate everything I have and work hard for it.

Tinnisha

What I took away from my college experience was an actual chance for me to grow up and experience life. I learned to make necessary decisions as a young adult that have helped me to become independent and what I would classify as successful. I was forced to choose between studying for class and tests, or partying all night and ditching class. I had every opportunity that working adults have, I went to school full-time and worked part-time so that I could afford certain things that I wanted and not depend on my parents to give them to me. College taught me the value of working for what I want and when you get it the necessary steps to keep what you have. Upon graduating from college I was employeed with Wal-Mart as an operations manager. Lane College gave me the foundation I needed to progress further in my business career. I learned to embrace diversity and the benefits of working in groups, all of which I needed as a manager. Lane College taught me more than I that it would, and I completely enjoyed every minute of it.

Lane College is a very strict college, prospective students should know that they must conform to rules and regulations. If you are the type of student that is reserved and has mannerisms than this will be a normal lifestyle for you. If you have never lived in the south going to school in Tennessee is a huge culture shock. However, I really enjoyed Lane College, as a HBCU it was a great experience academically and socially. It has set the standard for my professional career as a Program Director for a youth center in Milwaukee, WI.

Lane College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.