Lane College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lane College

Tatianna

Lane college is a unique school. Just like many other colleges alike they all have a common core of pros and cons. At first Lane was not my ideal school, however because of it being a small liberal arts school it has opened many opportunities for me to grow as a an individual and be able to learn more about myself and my surroundings. Regardless of the negative the school may have it fuels my drive to focus on the positive and turning the negative into a vantage point to where it better suits my goals and achievements with my peers.

Jameelah

I love Lane College and it is my second home. If it was not for Lane I don't know where I would be. To be a young black woman who has lived in Milwaukee Wisconsin her whole life to choose to go to school 10+ hours away from home was a big deal. It stressed my parents out but after keeping my GPA above a 3.0 they knew that I had made that right decision. Lane College is really the best thing that has happened to me.

Natrurell

The reason why Lane College doesn't have a good overall rating is because the horrifying on campus living conditions, the staff lack creativity and ambition, and the students lack diversity. If the school had up to date textbooks, a high career placement rate, and was powered by renewable resources, such as; solar panels and windmills. Then, it would be a desired destination like other Historic Black Colleges/ Universities.

Patricia

Lane college is a good school. I love the way the faculty are there no matter what. There are rarely any fight or other things to make you feel unsafe. The student body are great when it comes to coming together as a whole. I love my lane college dragons!

shicara

lane college is a very old college. I like lane college but lane college needs a redo. it needs an upgrade. the dorm rooms are very old and it looks like its falling apart. the bathroom are always out of order. the pipes needs to be redone, the college as a whole needs a makeover. other than that everything is amazing

Tyanna

My overall opinion on Lane College is that we literally have the Power Of Potential. We are becoming a family, especially because it's a small environment, where you have a name and isn't recognized by some number. We have talented, gifted, intelligent students but here at Lane it's more of a school where you do most of your learning outside the classrooms and actually building yourself into whom you want to be. Lane College have some of the most understanding professors, staff and faculty which can be good and bad because everyone deserves a chance, but it's not fair to hold someone hard working hostage from more challenging ways to learn. As any College the students as well as the faculty has all came from different stories, backgrounds, etc. We are different, with different weak spots, but as soon as we understand that and work harder as a family to help Everyone challenge themselves instead of graduating and being okay with only knowing the basics, but actually graduate and teaching others how to do it. With other problems like the old dorms and the horrible food, that can always be replaced and better but a mind is something NOT to be wasted!

Nekdrea

its a great school, every school has it ups and down. i love lane , the people are very nice and sweet. i love the food and class sizes . i want more people to come to lane but its a fairly small school. but its worth it i learned a lot in this short period of time.

Katie

I Think Lane is a great school, it doesn't have much to offer but it can be great as long as the students are great along with it.

Christian

Lane college as a whole don’t have a lot of school spirit. There are those times were I feel Lane can do better as a whole meaning more activities on campus. Towards group objectives nobody gets together to do or support anyone unless it’s for a traditional thing, basketball,football,etc. far as learning wise I think they can do a little better with the professors they have. I know a couple students don’t want to learn but as a professor you are to encourage their learning. Not make them believe they won’t make it. More on campus fun things to do, dance groups, voice nights