Cheyenne, WY
Laramie County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Laramie County Community College

Elaina

My overall commentary on Laramie County Community College is that it is a good school. You just need to find what interests you. I started as an Elementary Education major, I found that it wasn't for me. I am interested in Human Services. Also, online classes are more for me, easier for me to understand as well.

Codi Ann

I spent two years there to get my associates in liberal arts. I would recommend it only if someone wanted to get a small taste of college life before jumping into a real college. The professors are fantastic; the administration is not. The arts are blatantly ignored and they are more preoccupied with making the school look nice than making sure their students are actually successful. They just don't care about the academics.

LCCC was a great school to attend if you wanted to get a degree or complete a program and get on with your life. I enrolled right out of high school where I was use to a wide variety of sports, arts, and extra curricular activities. LCCC did offer some but attendance and participation was lacking. My classes were small and teachers very friendly and helpful often being on a first name basis with most of them. If you are looking for a college town you wont find that in Cheyenne. It is a great community but very little in the way of social life for college age students, be prepared to drive to either Laramie or Ft. Collins for any college life. I am not a nontraditional student and plan to finish a degree through LCCC, I feel that as an adult it will be more the pace I am now looking for.

Mina

It's a good school, it's not the greatest but it's not the worst. The professors I've had thus far are really good at their jobs. They leave you to be independent, but it doesn't feel like they don't care about you. Class sizes aren't too big so it feels like you will get the attention you feel you need if you're willing to ask for it.

I personally love this school. There are always people willing to help you and answer any questions you may have. The classroom size is perfect because the teachers actually get the chance to get to know you and know your name instead of being in classrooms with 100+ students.

Aubrey

I think that they try to do what is best for there students. I also feel like they want there students to be able to not be alone on this trip you just have to make the effort to wanting to use the resources to have the help that you can get and need. I also like how the teachers are very understanding about how to help me understand if I don't really get it. Also they are always available by email or their phones, if they provide it.

Christopher

Laramie County Community College is a great school with many different opportunities. The instructors are always happy to help you and the class size is smaller than a normal University would be. There are only about 20 or so students in each class, giving each student the opportunity to participate.

Ty
WOWZA

Last Chance Cowboy College

WOWZA

Last Chance Cowboy College

Kyle

Lad, you're gonna screw up. It's okay though, you'll learn a lot from it. Learn to take less to heart, swallow your pride, and live more in the moment. When it comes to college, you really aren't ready for it. It's okay. You need time to find your passion in life before you decide to commit to something. Enjoy your youth. Work crazy hours with your friends, spend too much time floating the river and fishing, find more time to spend with your grandfather (especially when it comes to pheasant hunting), don't be afraid to join the military a little earlier, and don't be afraid to be honest. The lies you tell to protect the ones you love end up hurting you more in the end. It's okay to be more selfish. You are your own person. You don't have to live in the shadow of your father. You don't have to listen to your family. If they don't understand right away, they'll understand when you eventually get it together. Finally, love her with everything you have and then some. She's not going to be around forever.

It would be the way they treat one of my Professors (Mr. Z). He's a brilliant man very knowledge. He's one of those professors you see in movies quoting things out of books he read years ago and teaching off the top of his head because he KNOWS the material. The school itself doesn't agree with his methods and are fighting with him to teach their "New and Improved" cirriculum, which by the sounds of it is kind of "dumbed down". It's even gotten so bad that they won't let him write his own syllabus.

I would have to say someone who isn't mentally prepared to transition from childhood into becoming an adult. I've known several people who just weren't ready for college after high school who jumped in with both feet and burned themselves out in their first semester. People tend to forget that it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Brennyn

My classmates look out for each other and are very friendly.

My classmates look out for each other and are very friendly.

"Don't doubt what you can become, because you don't want to live your life with regrets." This is what I would tell my high school self. I was top of my class in high school, and went to a well-known school. I obtained a degree in which I do not regret, but it's not my passion. Every day I stood in my classroom staring out the window at the EMTs and health professions' building. I thought they were braver than I, and that my social anxiety would keep me from ever becoming an EMT and ER nurse. Everyday I watched the ambulances leave, and uniformed nurses go in. I realized I would always live my life with regrets if I didn't pursue this passion of mine. I would always be watching and doubtful of my abilities. I decided to start slow with some health classes, and gained so much confidence in my abilities. I am now in a nursing program, and completed my EMT. Had I not gone back to school, I would have never grown in the ways I did. I wouldn't know such accomplishment and happiness.

It is a community college and while well known in our area, it may not be as known if I were to move.

Laramie County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.