Liberty University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Liberty University

I love my school! The environment is like no other and the people are very loving. It is the best place to receive an education and to grow mentally, spiritually, and physically. There are opportunities all around and guidance for every step you take. If you have questions or concerns you are heard and informed as quickly as possible. When you are on campus it feels like the world is a better place. There is no place I would rather be and most certainly the only place that I want to receive my education from.

Bao

I have visited there last Saturday and I completely fell in love with the school. I am an extrovert so I love big schools and people. As soon as I came there, I feel like this school is for me. I love it so much. It is amazingly good. The program I am planning to study is Biomedical Sciences which is Pre medical because I have heard they have really good medical program. My mom trusted the school because it is so safety and I will go to study for the next 4 years for pre medical program.

Lily

Liberty is a great atmosphere to grow deeper in your faith and also meet genuine people who want nothing more than your success. The atmosphere is so welcoming and comfortable. I am a shy person, but Liberty makes me feel seen and included. I have meet the most amazing friends and professors as a student at Liberty.

They have many majors to choose from. Quick responses when I'm needing help. Very respectful advisors. Very helpful. I've met some very nice students that attend there online. I'm very excited to attend this University and start my career as a psychologist for adolescents.

Jordan

I love Liberty University, I've grown up around it my whole life and have seen it flourish into the amazing university it is today. Yes, it doesn't always have the best name on the news, but once you get into the liberty life with the students and faculty, you'll love it.

Justin

I am thoroughly enjoying my time here at Liberty...even more than I anticipated. The course load is as I expected, and as the semester progresses I find that my work load has become a bit more challenging. Email is the main means of communication between administration, staff and student body. They continually look for ways to maintain an open stream and ease of maneuvering our primary website and email. The campus is kept nice and clean, and with Covid concerns precautions are visible and we are continually reminded of safety protocols. There are lots of options for living arrangements, meal plans, etcetera, and always advisors ready to assist you. I would highly recommend Liberty University to male and female students. I feel that this University has something to offer to anyone who is interested in continuing their education after high school.

Marissa

It is an amazing college that is full of life! Not only is it just a great college, but all of the services are easily accessible and available and all of the advisors are super helpful. And the teachers are very helpful when you have any questions concerning your grades or assignments. All around an amazing college!

Excellent! If you want to be prepared to go out into the world, let your light shine while killin' it because you were prepared, then your home. The campus culture is safe, well lit, clean, and mostly new, extras are everywhere, from the skeet team, to the gym to work out, multiple groups meeting all the time. I was able to reach a professor easily on off time and evening hrs, once on a religious holiday. Liberty U is a Christian school, not one that says they are, you will be expected to know scripture and use it effectively.

Dana

I like it but many of my PhD classes are not needed. They feel like I’m taking a basics course. The professors are nice but with taking courses online there is a bit of disconnect. It takes 2-3 days to get a response back from your teachers via email.

Morgan

Liberty is the place to be, I have been on campus for three weeks and it has been amazing. Every student I have met this semester has been nothing but kind and shared at least one thing in common during the daily casual conversation. When moving in so many people offered to help and once I finally entered my room and it was everything I could’ve imagined and more! I was able to not only make friends with the girls on my hallway but made some great connections with my professor. My one professor has made the biggest changes in my life, this is done by him starting class reminding us all that the room is our community, and anything said here is safe. When leaving the classroom, the other day I stopped and discussed with the professor some personal things that I have been going through and I was able to walk away feeling relieved. I walk around campus and see great things surrounding me, there are kind acts being done continuously. I came to visit last year for a weekend and all I thought happened here is ten times more powerful now that I live here. You will never feel excluded or bored when attending Liberty University, there are always activities happening to keep you busy. The last but best point is the convocation every Wednesday morning that makes you feel alive and so close to the Lord, I am just so beyond thankful for the opportunity to be here.

Jabari

Liberty is a very high standard school and there is a lot of interesting unknown things. But it is great in its message and academic stands. They have a lot that has been said about them in the news and we are currently dealing with finding a new president for the school. For a Christian school there is a lot of politics involved.

CHERIE

Liberty goes above and beyond to help its students succeed in their education and their lives. I was blown away by the friendliness and helpfulness of the financial aid and registrar's offices from the very beginning. I continue to be impressed by the professors and their genuine encouragement and support. The curriculum is thorough and always contains a scriptural and spiritual aspect. I plan to earn my future Master's and Doctorate's degrees with them. I have not considered any other colleges because I can not imagine them meeting my expectations after experiencing the great atmosphere at Liberty University!

Trista

I take classes online, I just started I'm starting back to further my skills on the job force while I'm on this break from home. When I go back to work I know how to teach my students some new skills in the classroom. I REALLY enjoy teaching in the classroom now at home with my child really a life change experience and taking care of my family great.

Timothy

I am an online student. So, I cannot answer many of the questions above. However, I have attended several colleges and universities. Liberty is by far the best school I have ever attended. The professors are clearly there with the student's best interest at heart. The system of online learning, assignment relevance, and assignment submission are by far the best that I've seen. Even if you don't have a religious affinity, I can assuredly say that your experience would be both educational and rewarding at Liberty. I received my bachelor's degree from Liberty and am currently enrolled in a Masters program there. I cannot picture myself attending any other school.

Ashanti

In the beginning, when the idea of going back to school popped into my head. Honestly, a silly dream at best. BUT, since then, the staff/support at Liberty University has turned my silly litte dream into a reality. I can actually feel good about a major decision that ive made. (This is a first)

Kirsten

I love this school. They care about our academics and give us information in a timely manner! The campus is clean and beautiful and there is a sense of safety for all students. The only thing I would change about Liberty University is the fact that I cannot call my department- everything has to be done through email.

Nasiyah

While my review is based on the fact that I am an online student (who has witnessed the amazing campus multiple times). Only con for online students is that they get little financial aid; however, the customer service is great and the academics are wonderful and high quality. I am grateful for attending this college, and it is more affordable than other colleges with online programs, but it is still expensive for students who are dependents/have few financial resources. For residential students, there are plenty of scholarships and opportunities for funding. Campus is beautiful and first-class!

Chloe

It is one of the best places on earth. The people are great, the area is great and the atmosphere is the best. Our dining hall has been rated #1 in the nation for the past 2 years. Our games get so hype that we have people parachuting down onto the football field during half time. We also pray with each other every day and we are truly one big family.

Rebecca

I love Liberty! I was able to connect well with my hall, had fun but challenging classes, and I have definitely grown in my relationship with God. Although we do have some rules, I feel very free and still have plenty of fun both during the week and on the weekend.

Jim

The campus is amazing and the atmosphere is nurturing and intelligible. I have already applied and cannot wait to attend this fall. The classes are hands-on and the teacher to student ratio is perfect for learning without confusion. I recently attended their college for a weekend program and it gave me everything I needed to know about the university.

Chelsea

Best University to ever be created, hands down! I attended one semester, and absolutely loved every minute of being in the atmosphere of God fearing brothers and sisters. I have unfortunately been unable to reattend due to my financial situation. When I save the money up, I 100% intend on rejoining my Liberty Flames!

Shannon

I love Liberty University for the atmosphere it offers. There are few other places I would feel so encouraged in my spiritual beliefs, and few other places I would feel so safe to talk about them openly. With most people I meet, even if we are polar opposites, there is the understanding we both believe in Jesus Christ, and that is already enough to love them and help them. The facilities are wonderful and brand new, and everyone is extremely kind, even to visitors. We may be a 14,000 student campus, but it feels small and connected. If someone is considering Liberty, they should definitely come visit.

John

I came here to meet real Christians and figure out how to glorify God through my chosen vocation. That is EXACTLY what will happen if you attend Liberty University. I have grown so much in my faith here and there are so many opportunities for you to find a place to fit in and make meaningful relationships with the kind people that go here! Plus it is absolutely beautiful and EXTREMELY NICE.

Kaytlun

Liberty excels in all areas and produces students who excel, as well. I have really enjoyed my experience in strolling about campus, completing my work, and interacting with my professors. The campus is beautiful and the professors are competent and kind.

Drew

Liberty University is the largest christian college in the world. If you are looking for a safe environment that will give you plenty of opportunity to grow spiritually then this is definitely the place to go. Lots of on campus facilities and great professors.

Erin

Liberty University is amazing. The professors truly care about each and every need of the students. The RAs are awesome human beings who will move mountains for you. Everyone on campus from faculty, students, bus drivers, janitors, etc care about YOU. They want to make sure that you are getting the full Liberty experience. You are truly blessed by being able to come here.

Bryant

Liberty University is really the college of dreams. If I had to compare it to a place of similar fun and excitement, that place would easily be Disneyland. Liberty is the academic equivalent to that of Disneyland and one of the coolest colleges I have ever visited and am happily attending.

Cynthia

I'll be a sophomore in the fall and on a leadership team. I really enjoy going to Liberty its a safe environment and has great academics. Sometimes it gets a bad rap from media but so do most Christian universities that take a stand for anything. Go Flames!

Morgan

Liberty University is for anyone who is looking for a medium-large school that still has a small town feel. Liberty is also for anyone who is looking to build upon their faith and to meet people with like-minded views. I am entering my second year at LU and I wouldn't choose to go anywhere else. I only wish that I had thought/known of LU sooner.

I think I want to go here just checking out

Greyson

Liberty University is a college that grew much faster than it was expected, being a student that grew up beside the college I have seen the building go up and down, and I would watch the City of Lynchburg struggle to keep up with this vastly expanding college. Lynchburg is an extremely boring town and the University itself is not much better. To be perfectly honest I do not see how any non-christian would want to come to the University, and I think everyday about how grateful I am to be there, but how ready I am to leave.

Haiven

Though I will be transferring to another school in the Fall, I have truly enjoyed the time that I have spent at Liberty University. This school has given me the opportunity and the learning environment to find God and then find myself in Him. It has provided a safe and secure learning and recreational environment for me to grow and to flourish in the Christian that I ought to be.

Liberty University is a great place to go if you are looking to grow as a person and spiritually. The faculty truly care about each student and are flexible with students. The school is located three hours from the nation's capital which enables Liberty students to be involved in politics. The school is growing in attendance and by the size of its campus. It will be interesting to see what the campus looks like ten years from now.

Claire

Overall, Liberty is a pretty great college. Tons of positive people, great teachers, great services, great marching band (I was on the color guard), and great classes. It’s not all rainbows and butterflies, you definitely have to stay on top of your work if you want to keep your grades up. Oh, and they also provide some great services for special needs students as well! I love seeing that. They also keep their students well informed of everything going on on campus and how to stay safe and whatnot. There are a lot of great activities for students to get involved in too and I highly recommend them. There are so so many students on campus so finding a group of people by joining a team or club is a great way to make some good friends and get to know people better here. And, they have a variety of options when it comes to foods! My opinion? They’ve got a great goal in mind for their college and their students (training champions for Christ), but honestly there are so many people there that it’s very easy to get lost in the crowd. I have found that online classes at Liberty are great because you aren’t forced to fight someone for a seat at lunch (I’m exaggerating) and it’s easier to make better grades and feel that you're fitting in more. So, overall, very nice college, very nice motive, very nice campus, very nice people, just quite a bit too many for me personally.

Leana

Liberty University is truly an amazing place unlike any other. The campus is stunning with brand new state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, we get to hear incredible speakers from all over the world, and the professors are wonderful people who truly care about each and every one of their students. You don't have to be a future pastor or worship major to have a meaningful experience during your time a Liberty. The campus is made up of a diverse student body with people in many different stages of their faith, and offers every opportunity to grow with the Lord and further your relationship with Christ.

Johnathan

An overly christian conservative school still trying to be culturally relevant.

Alexander

Liberty is a great school for anyone and do not worry about the dress code because it really is not bad. Just dress modestly and you will be fine. Also, everyone talks about the curfew, but as long as you sign out you have nothing to worry about. Liberty has great sports teams and they are all a lot of fun to watch and definitely the best campus around!!!! Take a look at it if your considering college.

Carly

Liberty is a unique environment. I have never experienced anything as welcoming, strong in their beliefs but conscientious of others, and united as a student body. The professors all have a drive to get to know their students on a personal level, making themselves as available as possible I'm order to foster success. If you are looking for a place that you want to feel cared for, supported, and challenged you should strongly consider Liberty University.

An incredible school dedicated to enriching students lives through learning and connection. A school that exists to provide a service to any individual willing to learn. Liberty University is an institution led be extraordinary faculty that are extremely dedicated to the school and the students attending.

Becky

Liberty University is a great place to go if you want to be in a supportive setting where both professors and students care about you. The school creates a culture centered on the love of Jesus Christ and biblical principles. If you are looking for an education meant to enrich your spiritual walk, Liberty is a great place to look into. Remember that the university implements regulations to keep a spirit of modesty and personal responsibility.

Tucker

Liberty University is a college focused on creating "Champions for Christ". The classes are centered around a conservative, Biblical worldview. Pros: new dorms, new facilities, many student activity options (rock wall, bowling, kayaking, etc.), food options, and a solid student body and community. Cons: curfew rules, mandatory convocation 3x a week, and too many required religious education classes (in my opinion).

Morgan

Liberty University is a place where every one, including myself, are able to express their ideas and interests without fear of ridicule. The campus seems like a step into a different world, because every person is kind to one another and all language is appropriate. The campus seems to be the best place to strengthen one's relationship with the Lord due to all the support of the professors and interns. Any to all questions can be asked and responded in a way that satisfies the student's inquisition.

Brandy

To be honest I love Liberty! I can't imagine myself at any other school. I am surrounded by amazing fellow students, staff, and faculty. I would like the prices of liberty to stop climbing so high. The cost is really my only negative review of Liberty! I always feel safe on campus and I can easily trust my roommates and hall leadership. I strongly believe Liberty is very unique and it sticks to its core values of training champions for christ!

Abbey-Michelle

Liberty University is an amazing university to attend. Between spending time in-class learning about everything to taking time enjoying the campus. Liberty is the place to be. Liberty University offers over 500 degrees. They provide professors who make themselves available and are there to assist you, they also have state of the art facilities. Spending just a day on campus will allow you to see how much the students enjoy going to one of the largest Christian universities in the world.

Kwadwo

I am glad I choose Liberty University as a christian. Students and professors here are kind and amazing. This is my first semester and I love it already. I find myself being the last to leave the campus sometimes. Some classes are huge and small. Though we don't have parties often, but there tons of fun stuff to do, such as game room, indoor soccer, camping, skiing, swimming, gym, and mountains for hiking. I would recommend this school to friends, family, and strangers, even my children in the future.

Rebekah

Liberty has everything that I ever looked in for a college. I started online and it was so great I decided to transfer to on campus! Which included moving across the country! Everyone is incredibly friendly. The food is fantastic, and I'm never board. There is always something fun to do!

Amber

I was hesitant to enroll in Liberty University because I have not always agreed with the political statements the leaders of the school have made. However, I have now been a Liberty student for almost two years, and I love it. A college is ultimately about the students! The students and faculty that I have the privilege to know at Liberty are professional and dedicated individuals. Among the students, there is a culture of kindness, service, and commitment to excellence. I have come to realize that I have a part to plan in the culture of an organization. As has been famously stated, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." No school or any other institution is perfect, but we can all do our part to initiate positive change.

Alexandra

It is a great school that has really challenged me. I feel safe on campus and have met my best friends here. There are so many genuinely kind people. The food is pretty good for campus food and the campus is gorgeous. There isn't a ton to do in Lynchburg but there are plenty of places nearby like Charlottesville and Washington, DC and hiking!! I would highly recommend Liberty!

Aleksandria

Liberty is a university with an amazing environment allowing one to flourish in their relationship with Christ and develop as a thinker and student. Through taking the various classes, my knowledge on basic topics such as English, American government, Christianity, communications, and others have been increased. The school is comprised of students and teachers desiring for all to flourish in their studies and their faith and have my my time here so welcoming so far.

Matthew

I believe that Liberty University strives to prepare future leaders with the tools necessary to impact and influence the world in any arena of life. The core values that Liberty University prioritize are the key ingredients that drive each student to be the best version of themselves that they can be.