Liberty University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Liberty University

Aaric

Liberty University is a great place to attend college! The classrooms are full, usually with around 100-150 people in them. The food is great with a variety of options to be found in the dining hall! The campus and housing is fantastic! All of the college dorms are within a quarter mile of each class, making for a nice short walk from your door to the classroom! The stores and restaurants around the college are amazing with many well known names such as: Target, Chick-fil-A, Logan's, Texas Roadhouse, and many more! Overall, Liberty is a place that gives its students a great education and a great community to work with!

Liberty University is great at showing students a great path with the Lord. Training Champions is not just a slogan, but it is a real thing. In every major, Christ is taught among each student and learning to be successful with God's help. Students make their own decisions off campus so I will say the students aren't perfect, but Liberty will strive to make the perfect student through Jesus Christ. Christ is not forced upon students, but He is projected.

Tim

For the studious one, Liberty University is definitely the college to attend. It is a school of religious affiliation with a lack of a party scene, and the students and faculty are respectful of others' beliefs. Professors are generally approachable and friendly. Student life is full of fellowship and there are opportunities to make lifelong friendships. Academics are top-notch and facilities are mostly up-to-date. There are a wide variety of food choices within campus and many restaurants nearby for a change of scenery. Overall, Liberty University is an amazing college to consider!

Jackson

Liberty is a unique school. It gives so many opportunities to serve, learn, and grow. It’s known for its service in the community. The great thing about Liberty is that it is Christian based. Everything there is based around Jesus Christ, the classes, the speakers that come, the student culture, everything.

Ansley

It is a great school. The students and Professors are really kind. The food could use a serious upgrade. The housing is good. It is a little on the pricey side though, but there are less expensive options off campus. Liberty students are very welcoming and kind.

Colin

Liberty University is a very interesting school right now. This past year there have been scandals after scandal's and issue all around. The former president, Jerry Falwell, was forced to resign among sexual affair allegations. He then proceeded to sue to school, but dropped the case. Later Liberty was in hot water over a lack of mask wearing on campus and giant snowball fight started by the interim president Jerry Prevo. Just this week Liberty decided to sue Jerry Falwell back after allegations that he negotiated himself a higher salary and a better severance package knowing he might need to use it soon enough, and he did. However, despite all of that, I have loved being at Liberty University. There is just a joy had by these students and professors as they attend classes and go throughout their days. The University does not shy away from trying new things and building new facilities all for their students. There is literally a fake ski slope and a fantastic outdoor center with a lake and 50 miles of trails. This University puts its money and resources into proving a fantastic experience for their students. Professors too are always available and ready to speak to students and even speak into their lives. This is not a school that just exists for academics and for students to land jobs, this school exists to provide a great student experience from classes, to recreation, to spirituality, to life, to community and everything. And it is evident when you set foot on campus.

Ian

I attended Liberty University for CFAW and I loved everything about the university. The campus itself is gorgeous. Everyone I met from students, faculty and staff were all so respectful and helpful. I knew the minute I entered the campus this will be my college after I graduate. There are not enough words for me to describe Liberty University. I love everything about it. The amount of activities there are on the campus is great. I had a chance to sit in on a business class with my friend who currently attends LU. I enjoyed it very much. I was able to speak to other students to get their perspective about the course and they gave me helpful tips.

Cana

Liberty University is a place for cultivating academic and personal wisdom. It is on this pristine campus that you will be molded into a professional and competent member of society. While you are being prepared for your chosen future you will have a multitude of opportunities to engage with others who share your interests and many more who will be happy to teach you about theirs if you want to expand your horizons. The professors make the school; they are supportive, engaging, and demanding as they push you to excel and shine in your chosen field. Liberty University is a place for fresh starts and for cultivating who you want to be for the rest of your life.

Kaley

It's a great school. There are quality people everywhere. The professors are the literal best. From Bible profs to Film profs, all of them are current in their fields and are honest and solid Christian people. The spiritual life here on campus is fantastic.

Liberty generally has a positive culture. Students and faculty are welcoming and being a community is strongly encouraged. Liberty is not a party school so steer clear if that\'s what you are looking for. Academics are pretty good. Would not change my college decision.

Serina

I say opinion not want to hugs their feel confused.

Debra

So far I love my school. The professors are there to help. They seems to completely understand what it’s like to be a student and juggle life. You just need to communicate. The classes are challenging but there is help available if and when needed. I am really enjoying it so far.

Natalie

I absolutely love Liberty. The environment is very welcoming, and the community is super close and really inclusive. The Professors know you personally, and you always feel loved the second you step onto campus. The love for God is very apparent and talked about often. People will say hi even if they don't know you. I definitely recommend visiting!

Toree

Liberty University is in the heart of Lynchburg, Virginia. The location of this college is amazing because you have multiple stores and restaurants within walking distance of campus. The campus is also located next to the highway, but you never hear the highway noises in your dorm buildings. There are multiple parking lots in well-lit areas of campus and you never feel scared walking back to your dorm at night from your car. Liberty offers multiple different food options like American, Mediterranean, Asian, Italian, and Mexican. Other than the cafeteria that serves amazing food, Liberty has Chick-Fil-A and an off-brand Subway. Everything you could ever need on campus is easily accessible to walk or take a bus to. Academics are a huge part of Liberty culture. The class sizes are a mix of small and large, but every professor wants to get to know all their students and have accessible office hours to go to. The professors are also very understanding and pray for their students every day. There are many places to go on campus for tutoring and help with scheduling classes and designing an almost perfect plan for your next four years in college. The buildings at Liberty are always in tip-top shape and may I say, very pretty from the inside and out. The heart of Liberty’s campus is the Freedom Tower, which looks around Liberty University and the local Lynchburg area. Despite the hefty price of different dorm buildings, it is worth it. All dorms are located in a convenient area on campus. The majority of dorm buildings are single-sex besides commons. Commons I, II, and III are the dorm buildings on campus that house both males and females and share a common room to hang out in. Overall, Liberty University is an amazing school with many different opportunities offered on campus.

tia

awesome school to learn and share knowledge with others. I love that it is a Godly foundation and campus where we can all feel safe. Instructors are available and there is help whenever students need it. I'm truly looking forward to Spring semester starting.

Mark

As an online student, the academics at Liberty University, are geared to prepare students to be successful in their chosen degree completion plans. Liberty has developed an online curriculum that is best in the country. The university offers a proven method of instruction, that prepares each student for academic success during the term and after graduation. The professors are the best educators in their fields of study. They offer clear and concise guidance, to each student throughout the course.

I love my school! The environment is like no other and the people are very loving. It is the best place to receive an education and to grow mentally, spiritually, and physically. There are opportunities all around and guidance for every step you take. If you have questions or concerns you are heard and informed as quickly as possible. When you are on campus it feels like the world is a better place. There is no place I would rather be and most certainly the only place that I want to receive my education from.

Bao

I have visited there last Saturday and I completely fell in love with the school. I am an extrovert so I love big schools and people. As soon as I came there, I feel like this school is for me. I love it so much. It is amazingly good. The program I am planning to study is Biomedical Sciences which is Pre medical because I have heard they have really good medical program. My mom trusted the school because it is so safety and I will go to study for the next 4 years for pre medical program.

Lily

Liberty is a great atmosphere to grow deeper in your faith and also meet genuine people who want nothing more than your success. The atmosphere is so welcoming and comfortable. I am a shy person, but Liberty makes me feel seen and included. I have meet the most amazing friends and professors as a student at Liberty.

They have many majors to choose from. Quick responses when I'm needing help. Very respectful advisors. Very helpful. I've met some very nice students that attend there online. I'm very excited to attend this University and start my career as a psychologist for adolescents.

Jordan

I love Liberty University, I've grown up around it my whole life and have seen it flourish into the amazing university it is today. Yes, it doesn't always have the best name on the news, but once you get into the liberty life with the students and faculty, you'll love it.

Justin

I am thoroughly enjoying my time here at Liberty...even more than I anticipated. The course load is as I expected, and as the semester progresses I find that my work load has become a bit more challenging. Email is the main means of communication between administration, staff and student body. They continually look for ways to maintain an open stream and ease of maneuvering our primary website and email. The campus is kept nice and clean, and with Covid concerns precautions are visible and we are continually reminded of safety protocols. There are lots of options for living arrangements, meal plans, etcetera, and always advisors ready to assist you. I would highly recommend Liberty University to male and female students. I feel that this University has something to offer to anyone who is interested in continuing their education after high school.

Marissa

It is an amazing college that is full of life! Not only is it just a great college, but all of the services are easily accessible and available and all of the advisors are super helpful. And the teachers are very helpful when you have any questions concerning your grades or assignments. All around an amazing college!

Excellent! If you want to be prepared to go out into the world, let your light shine while killin' it because you were prepared, then your home. The campus culture is safe, well lit, clean, and mostly new, extras are everywhere, from the skeet team, to the gym to work out, multiple groups meeting all the time. I was able to reach a professor easily on off time and evening hrs, once on a religious holiday. Liberty U is a Christian school, not one that says they are, you will be expected to know scripture and use it effectively.

Dana

I like it but many of my PhD classes are not needed. They feel like I’m taking a basics course. The professors are nice but with taking courses online there is a bit of disconnect. It takes 2-3 days to get a response back from your teachers via email.

Morgan

Liberty is the place to be, I have been on campus for three weeks and it has been amazing. Every student I have met this semester has been nothing but kind and shared at least one thing in common during the daily casual conversation. When moving in so many people offered to help and once I finally entered my room and it was everything I could’ve imagined and more! I was able to not only make friends with the girls on my hallway but made some great connections with my professor. My one professor has made the biggest changes in my life, this is done by him starting class reminding us all that the room is our community, and anything said here is safe. When leaving the classroom, the other day I stopped and discussed with the professor some personal things that I have been going through and I was able to walk away feeling relieved. I walk around campus and see great things surrounding me, there are kind acts being done continuously. I came to visit last year for a weekend and all I thought happened here is ten times more powerful now that I live here. You will never feel excluded or bored when attending Liberty University, there are always activities happening to keep you busy. The last but best point is the convocation every Wednesday morning that makes you feel alive and so close to the Lord, I am just so beyond thankful for the opportunity to be here.

Jabari

Liberty is a very high standard school and there is a lot of interesting unknown things. But it is great in its message and academic stands. They have a lot that has been said about them in the news and we are currently dealing with finding a new president for the school. For a Christian school there is a lot of politics involved.

CHERIE

Liberty goes above and beyond to help its students succeed in their education and their lives. I was blown away by the friendliness and helpfulness of the financial aid and registrar's offices from the very beginning. I continue to be impressed by the professors and their genuine encouragement and support. The curriculum is thorough and always contains a scriptural and spiritual aspect. I plan to earn my future Master's and Doctorate's degrees with them. I have not considered any other colleges because I can not imagine them meeting my expectations after experiencing the great atmosphere at Liberty University!

Trista

I take classes online, I just started I'm starting back to further my skills on the job force while I'm on this break from home. When I go back to work I know how to teach my students some new skills in the classroom. I REALLY enjoy teaching in the classroom now at home with my child really a life change experience and taking care of my family great.

Timothy

I am an online student. So, I cannot answer many of the questions above. However, I have attended several colleges and universities. Liberty is by far the best school I have ever attended. The professors are clearly there with the student's best interest at heart. The system of online learning, assignment relevance, and assignment submission are by far the best that I've seen. Even if you don't have a religious affinity, I can assuredly say that your experience would be both educational and rewarding at Liberty. I received my bachelor's degree from Liberty and am currently enrolled in a Masters program there. I cannot picture myself attending any other school.

Ashanti

In the beginning, when the idea of going back to school popped into my head. Honestly, a silly dream at best. BUT, since then, the staff/support at Liberty University has turned my silly litte dream into a reality. I can actually feel good about a major decision that ive made. (This is a first)

Kirsten

I love this school. They care about our academics and give us information in a timely manner! The campus is clean and beautiful and there is a sense of safety for all students. The only thing I would change about Liberty University is the fact that I cannot call my department- everything has to be done through email.

Nasiyah

While my review is based on the fact that I am an online student (who has witnessed the amazing campus multiple times). Only con for online students is that they get little financial aid; however, the customer service is great and the academics are wonderful and high quality. I am grateful for attending this college, and it is more affordable than other colleges with online programs, but it is still expensive for students who are dependents/have few financial resources. For residential students, there are plenty of scholarships and opportunities for funding. Campus is beautiful and first-class!

Chloe

It is one of the best places on earth. The people are great, the area is great and the atmosphere is the best. Our dining hall has been rated #1 in the nation for the past 2 years. Our games get so hype that we have people parachuting down onto the football field during half time. We also pray with each other every day and we are truly one big family.

Rebecca

I love Liberty! I was able to connect well with my hall, had fun but challenging classes, and I have definitely grown in my relationship with God. Although we do have some rules, I feel very free and still have plenty of fun both during the week and on the weekend.

Jim

The campus is amazing and the atmosphere is nurturing and intelligible. I have already applied and cannot wait to attend this fall. The classes are hands-on and the teacher to student ratio is perfect for learning without confusion. I recently attended their college for a weekend program and it gave me everything I needed to know about the university.

Chelsea

Best University to ever be created, hands down! I attended one semester, and absolutely loved every minute of being in the atmosphere of God fearing brothers and sisters. I have unfortunately been unable to reattend due to my financial situation. When I save the money up, I 100% intend on rejoining my Liberty Flames!

Shannon

I love Liberty University for the atmosphere it offers. There are few other places I would feel so encouraged in my spiritual beliefs, and few other places I would feel so safe to talk about them openly. With most people I meet, even if we are polar opposites, there is the understanding we both believe in Jesus Christ, and that is already enough to love them and help them. The facilities are wonderful and brand new, and everyone is extremely kind, even to visitors. We may be a 14,000 student campus, but it feels small and connected. If someone is considering Liberty, they should definitely come visit.

John

I came here to meet real Christians and figure out how to glorify God through my chosen vocation. That is EXACTLY what will happen if you attend Liberty University. I have grown so much in my faith here and there are so many opportunities for you to find a place to fit in and make meaningful relationships with the kind people that go here! Plus it is absolutely beautiful and EXTREMELY NICE.

Kaytlun

Liberty excels in all areas and produces students who excel, as well. I have really enjoyed my experience in strolling about campus, completing my work, and interacting with my professors. The campus is beautiful and the professors are competent and kind.

Drew

Liberty University is the largest christian college in the world. If you are looking for a safe environment that will give you plenty of opportunity to grow spiritually then this is definitely the place to go. Lots of on campus facilities and great professors.

Erin

Liberty University is amazing. The professors truly care about each and every need of the students. The RAs are awesome human beings who will move mountains for you. Everyone on campus from faculty, students, bus drivers, janitors, etc care about YOU. They want to make sure that you are getting the full Liberty experience. You are truly blessed by being able to come here.

Bryant

Liberty University is really the college of dreams. If I had to compare it to a place of similar fun and excitement, that place would easily be Disneyland. Liberty is the academic equivalent to that of Disneyland and one of the coolest colleges I have ever visited and am happily attending.

Cynthia

I'll be a sophomore in the fall and on a leadership team. I really enjoy going to Liberty its a safe environment and has great academics. Sometimes it gets a bad rap from media but so do most Christian universities that take a stand for anything. Go Flames!

Morgan

Liberty University is for anyone who is looking for a medium-large school that still has a small town feel. Liberty is also for anyone who is looking to build upon their faith and to meet people with like-minded views. I am entering my second year at LU and I wouldn't choose to go anywhere else. I only wish that I had thought/known of LU sooner.

I think I want to go here just checking out

Greyson

Liberty University is a college that grew much faster than it was expected, being a student that grew up beside the college I have seen the building go up and down, and I would watch the City of Lynchburg struggle to keep up with this vastly expanding college. Lynchburg is an extremely boring town and the University itself is not much better. To be perfectly honest I do not see how any non-christian would want to come to the University, and I think everyday about how grateful I am to be there, but how ready I am to leave.

Haiven

Though I will be transferring to another school in the Fall, I have truly enjoyed the time that I have spent at Liberty University. This school has given me the opportunity and the learning environment to find God and then find myself in Him. It has provided a safe and secure learning and recreational environment for me to grow and to flourish in the Christian that I ought to be.

Liberty University is a great place to go if you are looking to grow as a person and spiritually. The faculty truly care about each student and are flexible with students. The school is located three hours from the nation's capital which enables Liberty students to be involved in politics. The school is growing in attendance and by the size of its campus. It will be interesting to see what the campus looks like ten years from now.

Claire

Overall, Liberty is a pretty great college. Tons of positive people, great teachers, great services, great marching band (I was on the color guard), and great classes. It’s not all rainbows and butterflies, you definitely have to stay on top of your work if you want to keep your grades up. Oh, and they also provide some great services for special needs students as well! I love seeing that. They also keep their students well informed of everything going on on campus and how to stay safe and whatnot. There are a lot of great activities for students to get involved in too and I highly recommend them. There are so so many students on campus so finding a group of people by joining a team or club is a great way to make some good friends and get to know people better here. And, they have a variety of options when it comes to foods! My opinion? They’ve got a great goal in mind for their college and their students (training champions for Christ), but honestly there are so many people there that it’s very easy to get lost in the crowd. I have found that online classes at Liberty are great because you aren’t forced to fight someone for a seat at lunch (I’m exaggerating) and it’s easier to make better grades and feel that you're fitting in more. So, overall, very nice college, very nice motive, very nice campus, very nice people, just quite a bit too many for me personally.