Long Beach City College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Long Beach City College

yochabell

I have been attending LBCC for two years to complete my general education and so far I have loved my time there. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, I am attending online school. It has been definitely different but I am very lucky to have professors who are always reaching out and keeping everyone updated on classwork.

Miriam

It's a good college. Love the professors. Except when they have accents. And some don't answer questions after class. Other than that everything is excellent! I got to admit you need to call them or see the counseling lady in person to get a counseling appointment right away.

Miguel

I enjoy Long Beach City, I think it's really coming into its prime with all the new renovations and additions they've been working on. The teachers that I made sure to review and take have been amazing whereas the ones I did not check and were terrible were the absolute worst. A mixed bag but that's community college for ya.

cynthia

I have attended Long Beach City College since Fall 2014. This is my second year in this school. I am about to start on my third and final year. My last semester is in Spring 2017 and then, I'm going to transfer out to Cal State Long Beach. To be honest, attending this school was a good choice because it has given me an amazing college experience altogether. My professors have always been helpful and have been there for me when I had questions. Also, the EOPS program has frequently helped me educationally and financially.

It's a JC so it doesn't have housing that I know of, but all the teachers I had there were fabulous and very interested in helping their students learn. It's a wonderful place to take classes before heading off to a University. It's fun, safe, and full of opportunity.

yajaira

I really enjoy LBCC. Everyone is friendly and easy to talk to. Staff members help you with everything they can. Professors are always there for their students. Campus is always clean as are the buildings. Overall, I love being a student at this college.

Justine

Long Beach City College gives me great opportunities to pursue my goals and achieve my associate's degree in Nursing. Being a person who is hard of hearing, the Disabled Students Programs and Services made accommodations that fit my needs and for that I am grateful.

Kimberlyn

Long Beach City College has outstanding professors who genuinely are interested in their students. I have not had a professor who is apathetic. Besides the academics, Long Beach City College provides many opportunities to get involved in, but you have to seek them out. LBCC also has a beneficial alliance with UCLA and UCI especially if you are in the honors program which I highly recommend if you are transferring.

Zeinab

I have taken 99% of my classes at the LAC campus and I love the environment. The professors are great and want their students to succeed and the people are kind and helpful. I wish security was more active because there tends to be some off campus people that wander onto campus and make students uncomfortable so that's the biggest problem I believe the school can fix. Other than that, I love everything else about this school and it has been my home for the past 3 years.

Overall, I feel as though Long Beach City College has a lot of improvements. When it comes to trying to get into contact with services such as counseling or financial aid, you have no choice but to go in because they do not answer the phones. Financial aid is always behind and you get your refunds late. There are no on campus activities that bring the students together and interact. Clubs are rarely ever promoted, and when they are the booth is just there and no one tries to grab your attention. It's a very dull school that needs amping up.

Andrew

As far as community colleges go it is definitely one of the better of them. Professors are great in my experience very helpful wanting to get the students engaged, thinking in a real world perspective, and always have open doors. The facilities for the most part are newer and are continuing to advance in technologies. However, a major downfall is their counseling department, one is better off doing their own counseling or getting help from professors.

Leianna

I love Long Beach City College! I have attended other community colleges, but this has far surpassed them in quality of acedemics, resources, staff, and aesthetics. Since I started attending Long Beach City College I feel more prepared for life and the field I want to enter.

Tyler

It is a great way to start off your first experience of adult school, especially when your trying to transfer to a 4-year university. It provides basic classes and academic activities for students to rely on. Professors are cool, chill, and worthy depending on what class you are interested in or taking. The most important thing for attending a community college is receiving financial aid in order to pay for your expenses. It can also help you know what to pay for your university you are going to transfer to.

Jewel

I first started attending LBCC viewing it as a gateway into the university system. During my two years here however, I have found that I have formed many fond memories that will likely follow me upon my transfer. The staff here has been wonderful in advising me, and as a city college, LBCC has served to offer so many opportunities for my growth as an individual, and for that, I appreciate this school.

Mariela

This is a good school for a community college, for someone who is looking to transfer, and to take general studies. There are many activities and majors in this school for the students to participate in such as art, music, and sports. The overall environment and students are very friendly and positive.

Gabrielle

If you need an affordable, fun, open-minded community college LBCC is perfect. It has two campuses which have both been recently remodeled about two years ago. Facilities, ambiance, and technology are up to date. Classes can be impacted but priority registration isn't hard to achieve. Long Beach is a special city where people of all cultures live side by side and sunshine is not hard to find. LBCC offers various programs and a high transfer rate to CSULB and other universities. GO VIKINGS!!

Maria

I like this school but sometimes I feel like I'm not going to get anywhere to be honest. Theres always help, but I believe that my classes aren't even challenging it very frustrating. Everyone is focused on themselves and thats fine but its very boring.

Sophanou

My life goal is to study and learn more about science but I'm poor and antisocial. Long Beach City College help me to interact more with other and pushed my limits. I was able to go to the library and study maths with an incredible professors. The professors there are nice and they've explained every subject that I don't understand very well without the need for me to look into those textbook. I don't feel any pressure being in this school at all.

K'Ron

I think the professors are attentive and make them selves available even out side of school hours. The campus is safe and clean, and also parking is Ok for the most part. Honestly i have not tried the food, but the resources are great as for as SLAs and student success center and totoring all prepare you to do your best and be your best.

Lillian

The counselors are not very good and do not know how to guide the students through the transfer process.I graduated but I got a degree that didn't transfer so now i have to go back just to get the last classes I need. This is quite a hassle I already want to transfer.

There are a lot of good qualities about LBCC such as the new buildings which makes a lot of the classes really nice, it's in a good area, average class size is about 30 to 40 students, and there is a large variety of classes to enroll in. Each unit is $45 and each class is anywhere between 3 to 5 units so it's fairly affordable for those of us who chose the community college route for expense purposes.

Anissa

My overall opinion of Long Beach City College is that it is a good school the teacher I have/had are great professors. Also, they are always available when you need help. The school is clean and a good amount of seating areas. Administrators are helpful most of the time. Although, there have been times I've went in circles due to the administrators not knowing about what I was asking for.

Alayah

Long Beach city is a great school to go to if u want to take time for yourself. It is not as stressful as a university and it helps builds up your confidence to be able to get into a university of your choosing. I honestly am happy I went here the staff is so helpful

Lyric

This college is a very good college they want their students to get through everything they need to succeed. People are always there we you have questions about certain things. They are welling to help with anything that’s why I really like my school.

The college as a whole offered so many classes at various times and days of the week as well online courses. I found that most if not all the professors I had were incredibly passionate about the subject matter and truly wanted the students to succeed. I was able to participate in activities that really helped me decide to transfer to a UC. I still appreciate the staff and the efforts of all of the professors. The not so great part is that there are a lot of people who attend and fill up classes and end up dropping the class 2 months in. It can often be distracting because a lot of people who maybe are not in it for the long haul or give less than full effort which makes class discussions somewhat lacking. I did find a handful of great peers along the way who had similar goals in being successful. Both campuses( we were lucky enough to have two) are easy to navigate but a little questionable at night simply due to their location in the city. Overall great experience and super affordable.

Kymberli

Either you're here to learn, learn and have fun, or do a little of both. This school is basically the one stop place before you chase your dreams completely. Its pretty meh to me, but you have to be careful to not get too comfortable or else you'll forget why you're even here.

Annalia

I been at Long Beach City College for about a year and a half now. I never expected for college to be this way, but I do enjoy it. My first semester, I was really nervous but as I was walking around campus I guess I looked a bit lost so a group of girls offered to help me. My first day of college was really good and I was actually excited to continue going to school here. Some family problems started happening at the end of my second semester and my teacher reached out to talk to me, because I wasn't showing up to class. She told me if I had family issues, going to school was the best thing to do to get away from it all. She used herself as an example because when she was in school, she went through similar things as well. Im still at Long Beach City College, today and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Teachers still help out if you need it, they reach out to you at all times.

Maria

My overall opinion of Long Beach City College, is a very student friendly environment. Both Pacific Coast Campus and Liberal Arts Campus is maneuverable to students, also providing free shuttle transportation to travel to both campus. The staff are very friendly and can be relied with information you need to know. Most importantly, a lot of study spaces in library, around campus, and my personal favorite, the garden at the pc campus.

Jade

I simply love it! There is always something going on, on campus academically to help students stay on track and keep their GPA up. Their are wide variety of counselors for each major so, scheduling an appointment even during the busy time of the beginning of the semester isn't that hard.

Dea Ken Naoveh

So far LBCC is a good college for me because it is affordable. I really like their scholarship program here. I am definitely going to transfer to a 4 year university once I get my associates. I highly recommend this college for those who are not sure what major they want to pursue.

Joshua

Long Beach City College is a sturdy place to get started with your career. They help you plan for your future and give you multiple options to choose from for your career plan. They also have tutors if there is any difficulties with your studies. Overall I feel very comfortable attending this Community College. This college has a lot to offer and a lot of opportunities for our future careers.

Lisa

It is a really nice campus ; the theater department was very welcoming and makes you feel like family. The classes are so much fun and the professors are very passionate. Most students just go to classes and leave without making much of an effort to socialize but if you join a department and club, you are sure to make life long friends. Everyone is very friendly, including the faculty. Parking is the only terrible part, definitely need to get to school an extra 15-20 minutes to get parking and walk to class.

Lillian

My overall opinion of my college is I love my college the students and the staff is wonderful. I have the opportunity to meet new people with the same interest I have. My professors are outstanding they really help you to think outside of the box of your normal comfort zones. I t lets me know you are never too old or it's never too late to learn something new.

Harmony

It is a good college overall, could improve on campus safety a bit more

Virak

Great college.! A safe environment that nurtures creativity and progression.

Esmeralda

its okay an okay school if you are just going to take the classes you will need to be able to transfer to U.C or cal-state, it can get tricky because they do the stuff their a little different and give little authority to the instructors.Staff is friendly and helpful.

Shayna

Everyone at the school is so helpful and nice. Professors are amazing and dedicated to student success. There are multiple learning centers so that people have constant access. There has not been a class where I had trouble due to lack of professor help or lack of on campus resources.

Brian

Long Beach City College is an outstanding City College for first year students coming straight out of highschool. With today's rate of first year drop-outs of reaching a near 40% according to TheWashingtonPost.com, Long Beach City College will allow you to figure out what you want to do for your career with the help of wonderful counselors and outstanding student body.

Sadie

It’s a lovely campus, not too big, and easy to navigate. The teachers are usually very friendly, and sometimes really helpful if sought for the extra help. Otherwise, I mostly learn from the textbook or outside sources. The councilors are really only helpful with navigating the website. Otherwise, they don’t provide a lot of useful suggestions in how to go about an academic career.

Mia

My opinion about LBCC is good, because of face to face with professors who are very helpful, people who works at Transfer Center helped me with filling the CAL APPLY for transferring, and pressured me to keep going and getting closer to completing my goals! Parkings are monstrous for students, but making new friends and focusing on education is more important for students like a study group. Overall, campuses is nice and accessible!

Long beach city college is overall a great community college. It is really great for dual enrollment students, because once you fill out and turn in your dual enrollment paper you have the same priority as any other college student in enrollment. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be practical and not go broke because of college. The professors are overall really great. Of course, like in any college there are a few bad ones, but like I said overall they are wonderful. I highly recommend this community college.

Janis

Long Beach City College has many resources to help students transfer to Universities. The classes may be difficult to get a hold of sometimes, but there is always someone to help you when you are in need. The campus is clean and fresh and its safe.

Naomi

You get the classes you need at an affordable price and the art professors are very helpful. They push you to go past your comfort zone and critique your art to help improve. I love the art department because there is always progress and growth. The art teachers find any way to help with improving your portfolios or to transfer.

Mario

Long Beach City college is full of great and friendly people that work together easily to help each other pass. The teachers here are mostly friendly and try there best to help you even if you are having personal problems. The over all feeling of the school is great and have recommended it to others as well.

carlos

I love the school it is a wonderful place, there is two campuses which is a bit annoying going back and forth but the opportunities are high in those campuses and thats where a high achieving student can begin their career. The professors are very reliable and the classes can vary into small and large classes depending on the subject.

Jordan

It is a great college that offers great opportunities for people in the community. They have amazing clubs, extra curricular actives, excellent teachers who are willing to stretch out to help there students. The campus is beautiful on both of them and they provide transportation between both that is a great deal of help.

yajaira

I really enjoy being part of this school. Everything and everyone have always been helpful. Staff is always there to help students and professors always try to make time to see you when they can. School is always clean and the exterior of school is always clean too.