About Lower Columbia College

Founded in 1934, Lower Columbia College. is a college. Located in Washington, which is a city setting in Washington, the campus itself is Urban. The campus is home to 2,787 full time undergraduate students, and 0 full time graduate students.

The Lower Columbia College Academic calendar runs on a Quarter basis. In the school year the student to faculty ratio was 14:1. There are 69 full time instructional teachers. Degrees awarded at Lower Columbia College include: Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree, Post-master's certificate, Doctor's degree.

Quick Facts

Acceptance Rate100%
Application Deadline
Application Fee0
SAT Range
ACT Range

Admissions at LCC are considered , with ,2% of all applicants being admitted.

In the school year, of the students who applied to the school, only of those who were admitted eventually ended up enrolling.

0% of incoming freshmen are in the top half of their high school class. 0% were in the top quarter, and 0% were in the top tenth. You can apply online.

STUDENT LIFE

We asked, and students answered these important questions about student life at Lower Columbia College.

“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”
“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”

Lower Columbia College REVIEWS

Write a review, Enter to win $1,000 Scholarship
  • How would you rate on-campus housing?

12 Students rated on-campus housing 1.9 stars. 8 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate off-campus housing?

7 Students rated off-campus housing 3.7 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus food?

14 Students rated campus food 3.4 stars. 7 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus facilities?

14 Students rated campus facilities 4.1 stars. 36 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate class size?

14 Students rated class size 4.5 stars. 50 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate school activities?

14 Students rated school activities 3.4 stars. 14 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate local services?

14 Students rated local services 3.7 stars. 29 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate academics?

14 Students rated academics 4.4 stars. 36 % gave the school a 5.0.

What's your overall opinion of Lower Columbia College?

15 Students rated Lower Columbia College

carrie - 04/16/2021

i like it i am working on my GED through them since i Did not attend High School due to my mom taking me out in the 5th grade due to placed in special ed classes because i am special needs and mentally delayed and enjoy the online learning of the college and may work towards another dregree after my GED

Alayna

It is a good campus, with plenty of people who are very willing to help confused students. Many of the professors will be very happy to help if you show that you are interested and tried to learn on your own. There are free tutoring services offered in the library, which can be helpful.

Lower Columbia college is a small community college but big enough to meet new people. I think our professors are overall average. In the financial aid aspect I think it could improve. Lcc has great potential, especially in health science. Our nursing program is one of the best and very competitive.

Shawna

Lower Columbia is a great two year college for anyone in the area! They are working on becoming bigger and great things are happening. Granted there is no on campus living and they don't provide off campus living for students so most students are living with their families or rent an apartment in town. Lower Columbia is located in the center of Longview and is very close to small town shops, eateries and the small town mall. Great location for people to have study groups with classmates and to live college life. Lower Columbia is really into their baseball and basketball teams. Currently just opened their new gym last quarter along with a previously new health sciences building that boasts a wonderful nursing, biology and chemistry program. I am someone who graduated with my Associates in Art Degree back in June and am working towards getting into the nursing program. While most of my classes have been taken online, the college offers many different courses. We have online, in class and hybrid (a mix of both online and in class). The college offers a work study program for those who need a job to help pay for tuition, I haven't participated in this however know many people who have. Lower Columbia also offers a wonderful Disability Support System for any student with a learning/mental/physical disability and still working on a degree. I would know because I am part of this as I have a documented hearing disability and am in need of some services in order to succeed in classes. There are always events going on at the campus ranging from deaf comedians to Amy Roloff from Little People Big World coming to speak. The drama department performs plays and there are concerts from the arts portion of school. The sciences are also a big deal with everyone on campus. Athletics such as baseball and basketball are indeed a big portion of our college life. Ticket prices to all of these activities are very accommodating towards both the students and the community. While it may be frustrating to get financial aid for some people, the college tries to work with every student as an individual to make a payment option that works for them. This isn't the best subject for me to go into as I pay out of pocket for all of my schooling and college supplies, so I will leave this section up to someone else who knows more than what I do. Lower Columbia offers help in many different aspects. There are the academic counselors and advisers to help students along their way of receiving their degree. Campus security is a big portion of this help as well, all students receive a free parking permit after paying their dues for the quarter. As I personally have never seen anyone get a ticket for parking in the parking lots, campus security is always on location making sure all students are safe. Lower Columbia also boasts a wonderful Running Start Program for those students in high school who would like to get a head start on their college courses while still going to high school. These students are able to participate at their high schools and the college during the school year. They are able to receive both their college degree and a high school diploma at the end of their two years while either taking full or part time course load at the college. All in all, with everything that Lower Columbia College holds for their students, this college is a top rated college in the Pacific North West. May not be located in the best town, but the community as a whole supports this college and everyone gains a little something from being part of this college!

Lower Columbia College FAQS

1. What is the Acceptance Rate at Lower Columbia College?

The fall 2020 acceptance rate for Lower Columbia College is 100%. That means, out of _____ applications received in 2020 , _____ students were offered admission. The number of males who applied was _____ vs the number of females which was _____.

2. What should every freshman at your school know before they start?

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself I would have so much to say. I would start by saying pay attention. Pay attention to the teachers that are there trying to help you learn information you really will need in college and in life. Pay attention to your parents, they really do know what they are talking about. Pay attention to your books and studies, grades really will count. Looking at your transcripts eighteen years after you graduate will be an eye opener and an ego deflater. I would go on to say that college right after high school seems so hard but it really would be the easier route. Struggling to raise kids and keep the wolves at bay and then playing catch up when you finally get the chance to get back to school is the hard way. And finally, you really are to smart to not show it. Spend the time early and enjoy being in school, there is plenty of time to be an adult. . . after school.

3. What kind of person should attend this school?

I think that Lower Columbia college is a very diverse school. I have only been in the school for two weeks and yet I have met many different people with many different areas of intrest. kids just out of high school to grand parents all working hard at furthering thier education. I think the best type of person to attend this school is someone with an open mind and an excitement to learn in a fun, friendly environment.

4. Describe the students at your school.

Quiet and shy until you get to know them; alternating between joking and serious when you become friends with them and always fun-loving.

5. What's unique about your campus?

Since it?s a Community College, the best thing about it is its willingness to provide a valuable resource for the community. Heading back to school at the age of 50, to reinvent myself, after a long term career has ended; the school is working hard to help me on my feet academically. I've got teachers and advisers who are going beyond the call of duty to help me resurrect an almost 30 year old college education, far exceeding their mandate as educators to do so. They?re putting the word "community" back into Community College.

6. What's the one thing you wish someone had told you about freshman year?

I wish I had had a little better understanding of the course work, and had been better prepared for what was to be expected of me.

7. What do you consider the worst thing about your school? Why?

I don't think there is enough staff. I have herd about budget cutbacks, and with enrollment as high as it has ever been, students waiting for financial aid have to wait longer than normal. It's not out of the ordinary to wait in line for an hour or more in the financial aid line.

8. What do you brag about most when you tell your friends about your school?

I tell my friends about my classes and how I am doing. I have really suprised myself by doing very well and making the Dean's List.

9. Describe your favorite campus traditions.

Lower Columbia College is located an hour away from any other college. It is a rural area that is in need of educational opportunities. The college offers many degrees and vocations but the one thing that truly makes it origional is the new ROAN program. It is a nursing program for people that live in rural areas to get thier degree while working. Mixing both classroom and online studies to help students work in lower income areas while helping to pay for student loans.

10. Here's your chance: Say anything about your college!

It's like a little community inside itself. Usually people are very friendly and the instructors are pretty good too.

Student Body

Fraternities

Sororities

Housing

N/A

of students living on campus

Student Diversity

% American Indian/Alaskan Native
% Asian/Pacific Islander
% Black or African-American
% Hispanic/Latino
% White or Caucasian

TUITION & AID

All students must apply yearly for financial aid. This process starts with the FAFSA. Though financial aid deadlines vary by school, it is a good idea to apply as soon as possible. For the upcoming school year, you can apply as early as October 1 for the FAFSA. Additional school aid will be dependent on the FAFSA results.

73% of students attending Lower Columbia College receive some sort of financial aid. 52% were awarded federal grants. While 14% received federal loans. Many students do also need to apply for additional private student loans.

Cost Out of State

$4,665

Tuition and fees(Out of state)

$906

Books and Supplies

$11,154

Room and Board

16,725

Total On Campus

Actual Cost By Income Level(W/Financial Aid)

Family Income
$13,462
$110K & UP
$13,462

FIND SCHOLARSHIPS

Find your perfect match from over 3 million scholarships!

CAN YOU GET INTO Lower Columbia College?

Complete your profile to see if this school is a fit for you, and what your chances of admitance are.