New Orleans, LA
Loyola University New Orleans

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Loyola University New Orleans

Kristina

There are three things I would advise myself of: not to do too much at one time, have fun, but don't let your friends talk you into shirking your responsibilites; and fight the burnout that you begin feeling at the end of your time at the community college. All of these things go hand in hand. By not doing to much and having fun, you can hold off the burnout for a tad longer than if you go in full force and only take serious classes. With the personality that we have, shirking your responsibilities will only make you stress more and therefore cause you more trouble than its worth, so when Amanda asks you to go to a party resist the urge to blow off that homework and go. If you take this advice you'll not only graduate honors, but also with that 4.0 GPA that you strive for.

Tiffany

Loyola University New Orleans is set in the heart of New Orleans, and because of that, it is unlike any other place in this world.

What sets Loyola University apart from other schools I considered was it's size. Because Loyola is such a small campus, class sizes are very small, and you receieve a lot more pesonal attention from your professors. I also really appreciate Loyola's strong adherance to it's Jesuit core values. The Jesuit values help to create more well-rounded and aware individuals.

I would tell myself not to sweat the small stuff. The problems you're facing right now in high school are nothing compared to all of the stresses of college. I would also tell myself to appreciate the full nights' sleep I got in high school...because those are extremely rare in college.

Victoria

Loyola University is the only Jesuit University with a school of music. Within our unique music school we have the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz, which is well known to musicians throughout the United States. The Thelonious Monk Institute is perhaps the most prestigious jazz oriented program in New Orleans, a city known for its jazz music heritage. Another thing Loyola is known for is its volunteer programs, most specifically LUCAP, which have served the New Orleans area since the 1970s.

The best advice I could have given myself would have to be enjoy the time you have left with your graduating class. I do not now how many times I found myself missing the friends I had made during my senior year. I would also have told myself to apply for more scholarschips, especially the ones that were sent out through email by the guidance counselor. The last thing I would have told myself would be put more work into the college decision. I almost wish I had chosen a school closer to home and one that was one that was not as expensive, but I love Loyola and would not leave it after all the network connections I have made.

At Loyola University New Orleans, there are many things in which to be thankful. Unfortunately Residential Life is not one of them. There are only four dormitory buildings, so on campus housing opportunities are already limited. Luckily one thing that makes the housing difficulties easier to deal with is the fact that Loyola and Tulane share a close proximity. This makes it easier and cheaper to find off campus housing. While the housing market may be a little competitive, you can always find someone looking for a roommate.

samantha

My classmates are very unique, accepting, different, creative, artistic, independent, loving, motivated people.

Loyola New Orleans contains thousands of people who are able to think for themselves. It being a small school, everyone knows everyone and the students are free and comfortable to express themselves in any way they choose whether it be clothing, words, posters, or other artwork. Everyone is very accepting.

Highschool Samantha had no idea what to expect from college. I would tell her to get ready to be yourself. Everyone is very accepting of who you really are. Do not worry about making friends because everyone is in the same boat. You should start challenging yourself academically now because college work is very different from Rahway High School work. Your independent mindset will do you good in college and do not begin to allow other people to make your decisions for you. Keep your motivation to follow your dreams and aspirations and they will come true. Save up as much money as possible now because once those monthly tuition payments start, you are going to be very tight on money. Get ready to work hard, have fun, meet amazing people, and find out who you really are. Don't worry about this highschool drama, you will have bigger things to wory about in college.

Britnee

Apply to more scholarships if you plan to live on campus rather than pushing it off due to the massive projects of senior year. College life is beyond expensive to handle.

The dorms could be better for the cost they give you. It would cost me an extra $11,000 to live on campus at Loyola even with the financial aid and few scholarships I have. The tuition cost increases every year. The pricing for meal plans is so high.

People who are uninvolved and that of the partying type. It is a Jesuit college after all.

Theresa

I would tell myself to get more organized and to try and find an off campus job before coming down here. I would also try and convince myself to fill out more scholarship applications. Mostly I would talk to myself about meeting new people. It is really scary to be in a new city, in a new state and not know anyone or have anyone around to lean on. I'd counsel myself to go out and try to make friends as much as possible. I'd also tell myself to be careful not to limit my options and not to spend all my time cooped up in my room studying. College is about a lot more than academics and I think my senior-self should have known that. I would have told myself to be more outgoing and get involved with more on-campus activities and groups. The ability to make friends and create lasting relationships with people is an important skill one learns in high school and develops fully in college.

I wish I had known more people in the area, or been shown clubs and volunteer organizations that would have introduced me to new people faster. I also wish I had known how to better manage my time to get things done promptly and without as much stress. Having a job or a way to easily find jobs in the area would also have been extremely helpful.

The campus is currently under construction which makes it hard to get around. The noise also makes it hard to concentrate at times. There are also a great deal of smokers on campus and they don't always relegate themselves to the smoking areas.

Travis

As a result of attending Centralia Community College I have learned a lot about myself and decided upon a degree that suits me. I could have done this anywhere but I could not have the same experience anywhere else. I started college and life on my own at the beginning of 2010, because my parents moved away. This provided me with many challenges such as finding housing, food, job, etc... At Centralia I made many friends and connected with the faculty. The faculty provided me with many leadership opportunities which led me to my job on campus. My new found friends provided me with temporary shelter, advice, and so much more. I am now about to get my AA and go on to a four year college with the help of the Student Support Services who helped me plan my degree, classes, and select a university. All this has been possible thanks to financial aid which allowed me to go to Centralia College. I have developed skills in leadership,public relations,and experienced life on my own,working two jobs and being a full time student. Now I know what I want to be and where I want to go.

Gabrielle

Loyola is best known for the Music, Business, and Communications programs. There are very artistic people at Loyola and people that are very career driven.

I have gotten an extremely valuable education from my college experience. The experience has opened my eyes to the views that different people have and to learn to accept those views for what they are and realize that while I may not agree, just because a person has different views than I do, does not mean that I cannot be friends with that person. I have made a lot of new friendships and have had some experiences that will last me a lifetime. For me college has not been all about partying, I have learned to become a more responsible and respectful person. I would not change my college years for anything.

Someone who wants a lot of school spirit, because there is not a football team and the other sports that are on campus are not very supported by the student body. Anyone who is very conservative and not able to accept a wide range of people.

Justine

Loyola University is unique in that it's such a diverse school, not only in race and ethnicity, but also in the different types of people here. There are musicians, producers, artists, writers, scientists, economists, marketers, etc. The school is also unique in that it doesn't just focus on the development of the student academically, but it also focuses on the entire development of the student--spitirually (while never pushing religion despite the fact it is a Catholic school), academically, and emotionally.

I've gotten amazing experiences out of my time at Loyola that I wouldn't have gotten if I had chosen to stay in my home state to attend college. I've met so many interesting people from so many different places; I have gotten to see tons of my favorite bands perform live which I never would have had the opportunity to see otherwise. The professors here have really made the difference, it's obvious that they enjoy what they do which makes it easy for me to enjoy learning. Of course, leaving home was a huge step and has made me a much more independent person, I can take care of myself much more easily. The value of coming to a school that is so rich in culture and puts such a focus on the development of the entire person is incalculable.

The music scene is amazing. This is a school for music lovers, there is always someone playing or making music, and there is always a show just a few miles away.

Symone'

Loyola's small campus sets it apart from other schools. From the very first moment I showed any interest in Loyola, they made sure to keep in touch with me and constantly send me mail. Loyola's small size also ensures that I form a personal relationship with my professors. For example, one professor gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her if I needed anything when I had the flu. Not only do Loyola's professors go above and beyond in the classroom, but they also strive to help students outside the classroom as well.

Before I went to college, I knew what my values were and there was nothing or no one was going to change that. Now that I have finished my freshman year of college, I can say that while I have been exposed to different ways of viewing things, I am still true to myself and what I believe in. Staying true to self is something that I find very important, especially when you are introduced to a enew environment with new people and new freedoms. The most valuable thing about college so far is being in a place surrounded by other bright individuals where I can continue to form my opinions and beliefs.

The worst thing about Loyola is Sodexo. Sodexo is the company that employs the falculty in our cafeteria. In an attempt to better their working conditions, the Sodexo workers at Loyola tried to form a union. However, Sodexo has used intimidation to try and stop the formation of the union. Through strikes, petitions, and awareness campaigns, the student body at Loyola hopes to inform people about the unfair working conditions and bring the workers justice.

Loyola University New Orleans administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.