Abilene, TX
McMurry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend McMurry University

Tony

Mcmurry University is a small university. Taking that into consideration, the university promotes community and social interaction among students. The classroom sizes are small enough making accessibility to professors simply and advantageous. Though the dormitories are in much need of improvement, friendships are built due to well organized paring of roommates.

Frances

I honestly love it! The class sizes are small and I love most of the professors. Because the classes are so small, the professors are really great with helping the students understand the lessons better. Everyone is super friendly and there's always some kind of activity going on somewhere on campus.

Alize

McMurry University is nothing but a welcoming school, but it tends to have it's down falls but the schools downfalls weren't what drew me to McMurry, It was the connection with the professors and the student body that kept me positive about school.

Yumi

McMurry has a very safe, quiet, and chill atmosphere. Once you know the right places to look at, you become actively involved and interested with the events around. In my department, I don't feel that much stress over grades, as much as I stress over other things. People are genuinely interested in making you part of their community and they give very positive feedback to your hardwork and involvement.

Jonah

Mcmurry University is a decent school, but it cost too much to attend the school. Mcmurry is a very expensive school and the amount of money you pay is not worth what they give you. People there are great, some of the professors are awesome and then you have others that care a lot less than others. Sports there are not the best, you play some of the best Division 3 competition. Playing you do not receive as many perks as other schools, you have to buy all you equipment except pads and a helmet. Classes are awesome most are pretty small so you get some of the best treatment you can ask for. Dorm areas are okay, everything is kind of old though. Cafeteria food is okay, some nights it is on point then others not so much.

Alize

I believe that McMurry University is a great school, with this being said there are negative tings at the school such as the dorms and horrifying food , but to be honest the education is wonderful. The access that is given to the professors on campus, as well as the studying facilities are perfect. There hasn't been a time that I'm not able to crack open a book and focus on what's important ith a group of friends that I have met along my college jouney.

Ryan

Students at McMurry are incredibly diverse.

Students at McMurry are incredibly diverse.

McMurry is best known for class sizes, as well as the strength of the academic programs. There are nationally recognized professors of physics, business, and history. The professors are very student centered. Class sizes are between 2-45 meaning there is a strong relationship with these renowned professors.

Caleb

To make my decison more based on what will be easiest on your family financialy and location wise, rather then going where you think I'll see the most playing time as a basketball player.

The cost is extremely high as well as the dorms.

The nice facilities that we have here athletically.

Christian

History department and the fact that the professors in the history department are well versed and published authors.

Apply for more scholarships, get a job and save more for college. Also take more math classes and AP courses. Be more open to exploring more colleges and events geered to seniors. Worry less and focus more on what really matters to me and not everyone around me. Remember to enjoy your senior year because after that it really gets hard. Never pass up oportunities to learn more about what you want to major in.

The History department and the fact that my history professors are authors of books that I had before I attended college there.

David

It's a small school where the professors really care about you and will work with you on late work. You can also get recommendations from people you wouldn't normally at bigger schools, such as the VP of Academic Affairs.

Advice to Myself: Be Brave. My advice: Be brave. Flashback to 2007. I was just starting my senior year at Pearce High School in Richardson, Texas. I had a small group of friends I would hang out, which was great. Don’t get me wrong. But I was also shy and timid at times. ‘Awkward’ is also a word people would use to describe me (and still do). I didn’t take many risks in high school, tried to play it safe, and didn’t get into a lot of trouble. Not a lot of people really understood me. That’s where my advice would come in. I still feel like I’m the same awkward kid I was six years ago. Why? I didn’t take any chances. I didn’t take any risks. I played it safe…and it shows. So I would tell myself to be brave. Talk to new people. Make new friends. Join a club! Have fun! And for goodness sake, don’t be afraid of what people might think. In short, younger (but not former) me, live life! It will only get harder. You cannot let the little things get to you. Be brave.

I don't feel like they have an engaged alumni network if you didn't belong to a club.

McMurry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.