Statesville, NC
Mitchell Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mitchell Community College

Yahayra

From my personal and overall experience as a student about to complete their A.A., Mitchell Community College is a great college to go to if you plan on transferring to a four year university. I have taken both classes on campus as well as online classes, and, thankfully, I have been fortunate enough to have great professors who have made my experience a great one. Out of the almost four semesters I have been here and over ten professors I have had, only one of them was not so great. The classes I have taken have generally been academically challenging. There are some clubs to join on campus and the school does have events, but I have found the social life here is not what you would expect from college. On campus, you may run into a friend either before or after your classes, talk for a little bit, carry on, and then either go home or go to work. The parking gets a little crazy sometimes (Monday through Thursday up until about 2PM), but if you get to school early, you shouldn't have any problems (plus it's free). Additionally, there is no on campus cafeteria or restaurants, so most people drive around downtown to go to Starbucks, McDonald's, Wendy's, etcetera (unless you would like to purchase from the food truck on campus). The campus is clean and when you first visit the school, you may be slightly taken back by how pretty it looks! All in all, I would recommend Mitchell Community College.

Mitchell is a great school when you are just starting out. If you plan to get a transfer degree and go off somewhere, it is wonderful. The classes are fairly easy and the teachers are easy to get a hold of. I think Mitchell even has fantastic opportunities for Adult learners wanting to earn certificates for jobs or helping people get a major and move into the workforce. I would recommend Mitchell to the students in my town as a nice starting point, but I would advise them not to stay here forever.

Chelsea
Alright.

I love the class size and everyone's available when you need them but there could more activities to join.

Alright.

Dani

The most frustrating thing about Mitchell Community College was that some of the professors did not seem to truly care about the student's success. It was their way or the highway, and many times the entire classroom was left clueless as to what was expected of us or how to be successful in the class.

If I could give myself any advice, it would be this: embrace the journey. There were many times I would stress out unneccesarily over things that were out of my control, and it took me away from focusing my energy into things that were right in front of me, like the classes I was taking or the friends I was making. I would tell myself that I will get where I'm going, even if it takes me longer than I had hoped. And that's ok. We all have a story to tell, and looking back I can honestly say I wouldn't change anything about how mine has come along so far. Life is an adventure, so don't worry. Embrace the journey!

Mitchell Community College is a small school that offers a greater sense of community an focus. While universities can cause students to feel lost, MCC made me feel very comfortable transitioning into the college life.

Shadrach

I don't know that any certian person shouldn't attend this school. This school is culturally diverse and meets the needs of many different people.

I wish I understood college and what to expect. I wish I had known what classes to take to meet my educational goals.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself to go to college first before going into the military. I am much older now and transitioning into the college life from high school to mililitary to college now. I would tell myself to have my goals written down, in order, and reachable. I would also infom myself that jobs will not always be available and I need to take advantage of all possible aspects to help me reach my goals. I would also tell myself to stay focused and not worry about the socializing and concentrate on what will follow me even when friends won't. I would also inform myslef that the road wont be easy but I can make it. These are the things I would tell myself if I could go back in time.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to take your time on things. There is no need to try to rush to finish a test or a project because if you rush, you may not do as well as if you would have taken your time. Also, on the first day of school make sure you get there early enough to get a parking space and not be late for class. Another thing I would tell myself is to try and make as many as possible because there is a big chance that you will be in another class with those people and you may need them one day. In the beginning college life is not as easy as it may seem. It can be stressful at times but if you just take your time and pace yourself you will do just fine. Always work toward your whole potential.

The parking situation would have to be the worst. There are not enough parking spaces for all the students that are going to Mitchell. There is two parking lots and if you can not find a spot your either late for class or park and walk a mile to get to the school.

I think that the person that should attend this school is the person who really pushes theirself. There are people there who do not care and I'm sure it aggravates the teachers.

Nicholas

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to focus on getting better grades and not to procrastinate. As a high school senior, I cared about clowning around and getting attention instead of focusing on my work. As a result of not focusing on my work in previous high school years, I had to take and pass almost double the classes just to graduate as a senior. This was as tough as you could imagine but I did it with God's help. By waiting to last minute to get myself working right, there was pressure on me that I could've avoided. If I could've given myself this advice in high school, I could've had a smoother transition and college life from then on.

Someone who isn't serious about his or her education shouldn't attend this school. College is a serious matter and it surely isn't anthing to be played with especially if you, like most community college students, have to work and pay fo school yourself.

Josh

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to try to better learn responsibility. I would say to make sure to go to class, and even though most homework isn't required to be turned in, to do it anyway. I would tell myself to act like an adult and accept the fact that college is much different than high school. The classes are much different and require much more time and effort.

Brittni

I have taken about 6 classes in the past year, and in every class my classesmates don't judge you for your age, race, sex, etc. . They accept you for who you are. If I need any help with my work, I know that I can talk to some of the classmates because they will help you pass the class so that you can further your education and achieve what you want in life.

I would tell myself to buckle down in life and start to take things seriously because you are getting ready to go to college and start the adult world. College is very important, these days everybody needs a college education because eventually people that work in the fast food business will need a college degree. I would also tell myself that I need to study a whole lot more because you may thing that college would be easier but its not, you have to focus more. If you miss more than 6 days in a semester, the teacher will automically fail you, and then the hundreds of dollars you spent for books and tuition is gone, you don't get them back. You have to do well in college to achieve in your long term goals, such as your job, and your family. College reflects on you for the rest of your life, so you need to take it seriously.

My school that I go to has a lot fo extra curricular activities that you can be apart of. It also has teachers and couselors that you can talk to about pretty much anything, they understand you and your problems. They also have no specific age group there, everybody there are of different ages, ehich is neat because you now know that everbody of ages wants to get a better education so that they can be more well off in life.

Mitchell Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.