Mitchell Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mitchell Community College

Yahayra

From my personal and overall experience as a student about to complete their A.A., Mitchell Community College is a great college to go to if you plan on transferring to a four year university. I have taken both classes on campus as well as online classes, and, thankfully, I have been fortunate enough to have great professors who have made my experience a great one. Out of the almost four semesters I have been here and over ten professors I have had, only one of them was not so great. The classes I have taken have generally been academically challenging. There are some clubs to join on campus and the school does have events, but I have found the social life here is not what you would expect from college. On campus, you may run into a friend either before or after your classes, talk for a little bit, carry on, and then either go home or go to work. The parking gets a little crazy sometimes (Monday through Thursday up until about 2PM), but if you get to school early, you shouldn't have any problems (plus it's free). Additionally, there is no on campus cafeteria or restaurants, so most people drive around downtown to go to Starbucks, McDonald's, Wendy's, etcetera (unless you would like to purchase from the food truck on campus). The campus is clean and when you first visit the school, you may be slightly taken back by how pretty it looks! All in all, I would recommend Mitchell Community College.

Chelsea

I love the class size and everyone's available when you need them but there could more activities to join.

Mitchell is a great school when you are just starting out. If you plan to get a transfer degree and go off somewhere, it is wonderful. The classes are fairly easy and the teachers are easy to get a hold of. I think Mitchell even has fantastic opportunities for Adult learners wanting to earn certificates for jobs or helping people get a major and move into the workforce. I would recommend Mitchell to the students in my town as a nice starting point, but I would advise them not to stay here forever.