Butte, MT
Montana Tech of the University of Montana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana Tech of the University of Montana

April

The engineering department is my home away from home. I am forever grateful of the education and support I have received over the years. The hard work of the faculty and staff does not go unnoticed. Montana Tech is teaching me how to be the solution.

Ben

This place is going south unfortunately. The quality of education is very low. Not many professors want to move and live in Butte Montana(acquired taste) so there is really a small pool to pick from. So there are some questionable professors and some with tenure that have gotten too comfortable. Try and avoid this place but the prices are okay compared to other private collages. But you get what you pay for. Luckily the industry(CS) is not looking at collage degrees as a requirement so eventually Montana tech can close with whats left of its dignity.

Hilary

I love this school. It is the perfect size for me, and has the kind of student culture that is easy to immerse yourself into. I feel challenged but capable of doing well in my classes. I feel safe and happy. That being said, it is small and nothing is absolutely perfect.

Wendy

I have two AAS degrees from Highlands Technical school of Montana Tech and chose to return and get my BAS in Accounting and Management because the school is a great school. The professors challenge you so that you can learn and retain what you learn, Professors are available when you need them. I would choose a hands-on college over an online any day.

Laurie

It is extremely expensive. Sax to say but if it doesn't change I won't be able to afford to keep going to college and all I want to do is get the education so I can better take care of my kids. The parking is annoying I drive from whitehall every day so its not like I can take the bus to school, but we keep losing more and more of our parking and the parking tickets are expensive and it doesn't even guarantee that you will get parking.

Sean

Montana Tech is centered about STEM degrees although there are other respectable degrees offered. All the professors I have usually have 5+ to 20+ years of work and experience in the field that they are teaching, they are very qualified. The housing is cheap and there are plenty of places to go on the weekend. I think Tech is a pretty great school.

Lindsay

Montana Tech has been a great place for me to pursue my degree. The class sizes range from as small as 10 to not much larger then 30 to 40 for most classes. I find that this smaller class size allows for me to be able to learn better and causes me to be more accountable to show up to class, as it is easy for professors to notice when you do not. The smaller sizes also allow for students to be able to create those much needed relationships with the professors. All the professors are more than happy to help you when ever they can. The student body is also friendly and allows for people in all different degrees to mingle. Overall, I find Montana Tech to be a great place to learn and meet new people.

Austin

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to continue to work hard and make better grades instead of settleing for just good grades. Also I would tell myself to apply for scholarships or any kind of aid to get help. Knowing how big of a role money plays in college now I would make sure I told myself about different oppertunites. As far as the transition from high schoool and home life to college and dorm life I would advise to remember how much money would be wasted when goofing off. Also I would explain how no body is there to make me get up and go. I would explain how it is all on me and to take it serious becuase it is important in the near future. My biggest piece of advice to give to myself would be to not wait to go to college but continue educating an bettering myself as soon as I can becuase I know how important it is now and how hard it is to go after waiting and putting it off.

Jason

An immersive, immense, and fulfilling learning experience set in the heart of Southwest Montana.

Study math. No really, you're going to need it!

I brag about the level of scholarship Montana Tech inculcates and the overall feeling of community among current students and alumni.

Shannon

Montana Tech is unique for its small student/ professor ratio.

Montana Tech is unique for its small student/ professor ratio.

Don't jump into school because it's what your parents want you to do. Take your time and go when your ready.

People who are not motivated and determined to complete their degree programs.

Montana Tech of the University of Montana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.