Billings, MT
Montana State University-Billings

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana State University-Billings

Tyler

All students are encouraged to become actively involved in campus life. Students who are engaged in student clubs and organizations have an opportunity to develop valuable leadership skills, meet new people, and help shape and influence the student experience on campus. In addition, students who have made a valuable connection to a student organization are more likely to be engaged in the classroom and in their fields of study. Student Life at MSU Billings offers a wide range of ways to get involved, including leadership organizations, community service, campus ministry, athletics, performing and visual arts, special interest groups, cultural groups, and more.

MSUB is a decent college to go to. I have liked mostly all of my professors and they are very knowledgeable about their subjects. I do have to say, even though I haven't used it, MSUB have wonderful student services and friendly staff to help you with whatever you may need. The atmosphere is usually loud and busy between classes but is quite during classes. Tuition is a great price as well.

hannah

Montana State University Billings has a beautiful, yet charming campus that is always kept up nicely. The classes that I have attended are all of a manageable size that allowed personable relationships with both the professors and other students. I have created meaningful relationships with many of the faculty members who are always extremely polite and willing to help. It's not a big campus which is sometimes nice because everyone knows everyone else. If you are looking for a fun, welcoming, and all together academically rewarding community, MSUB is the place for you. I have had a great time here and hope to continue to have rewarding experiences.

Kylie

It's a great campus! Every building is in walking distance, and they have a wonderful warm welcoming feel to it when you arrive. The staff is very nice and able to answer any questions you may have. The students are happy to see any new faces around and the general population of the area is in a great and wonderful place. I highly recommend this school for attending.

Caitlyn

It is a fine school, I think it could have the capabilities to be better, I feel like you over pay for the actual education you receive . If I received outstanding education the price of tuition would make more sense. The price of parking is is outrageous

Jarom

I have not yet started, but from what I know and see, I think it seems like a great place to learn and be apart of. I've visited it a few times and am scheduled to attend in January. I like the administration and how they are to me over the phone. It seems like it has a great campus and learning center. I cant wait to start in January.

Claire

It is not technically a Community College, but it has that feel. There was a 35 year old pregnant woman living in the dorms, a 60 year-old non-degree seeking foreign exchange man living in the dorms as well.... Billings is not a college town, it is a town for the elderly and young families, not a typical college experience. Great for nontraditional students, and the tuition is very low, comparatively. The professor are really nice and helpful. I would not recommend this school to someone wanting a "College experience".

Zoie

MSUB is a perfect balance between big and small.

MSUB is a perfect balance between big and small.

Students at MSUB are very outgoing.

If I could go back and give myself advice on college, the first thing I would say would be to be money smart. I would tell myself to start saving then, paying for at least part of school as you go. I did not do that until this past year, and am now stuck with a ton of debt, and on a future teachers salary in Montana, that is not going to be payed off very quickly. I would really emphasize the importance of saving money, and using it appropriately. Secondly, I would tell myself not to focus so much on writing down everything the teacher says; just write down key points in the lecture. Alot of information is lost when you are too bust writing all the information, you miss important things he/she is saying. Giving high schoolers the info I did not have is very important to ensure their success. I speak to high schoolers now, and explain to them how important it is to start planning now.

katelynn

I am now a college senior at Montana State University Billings and looking back on my experiences, there is advice that I wish I could have given to my high school self. During my freshman year in college, I was content with being “good enough” in my academics. I would be happy if I received a B, even happier if I received an A. I also had this academic point of view throughout my high school career. It was only during my sophomore year of college did I realize that I was capable of earning straight A’s. Since then, I have resiliently worked hard and have achieved straight A’s for the past three years. In subjects where I received B’s, more specifically during my college freshman year, I have decided to retake them in order to earn the highest grade I can. From this experience, I wish I could tell my high school self: “You are capable of more than you imagine; do not sell yourself short.” If I had this information my senior year, I would have approached college with more determination and confidence, achieving more in less time.

I find the worst thing about my school to be how there are some classes only offered once every two years and that there is only one professor for a course.

It all depends on what the person wants to do after college. If they want to be successful in life, they have to put in what they want out of their education.

My school has AACSB accreditation, various ethnicities, well-educated and established faculty, reasonable tuition costs, and a lot of different majors students can plan to graduate with.

If I could go back in time to talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to not stress out about college, but take it seriously. Visit all of the college representatives who come and visit the high school. Take every opportunity to visit with all of the representatives and get a clearer view of what college is. Get to know them and let them help you through the college process. My number one advice to tell myself would be to save money now, get scholarships first, loans later, and get to know all of the faculty immediately. Scholarships do not need to be paid back and loans can become a difficult responsibility. If you want to have money, save it. Do not spend on extra things you do not need just because you have the money. Also, pay your loan while in college. This lowers the amount of interest you will end up paying. Lastly, I would tell myself to not be afraid of getting to know the professors. Faculty are there for you to help you succeed. Make friends with them and ask for recommendation letters. They are there for guidance when you need it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the budget cuts it is going through because of low enrollment, which means most faculty are part-time rather than full-time employees.

Montana State University-Billings administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.