La Jolla, CA
National University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend National University

Christopher

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to pick a major before you start college. If you go in with no educational goal or focus, then you won't be as motivated to learn. And if you are not certain on your major selection, then you'll end up changing it over and over and take a lot of courses that you don't need. And consequently, waste a lot of money on courses and books that you'll never use in the future. If you can't decide on a major by the time you graduate from high school, then wait before you go to college. College is expensive, so you should make sure you're getting your money's worth and investing your time in a subject that really interests you and you'll use in the future. If you need to, get a job after high school and see what the real world is like and that will help you decide what career you want and therefore what major will benefit you the most in your career aspirations.

I mostly take classes online and I've found that the professors sometimes don't go through the material on the course website and make sure it is all up to date. Sometimes the information and website links are outdated.

Laura

Classmates are friendly, and highly motivated.

Classmates are friendly, and highly motivated.

College has and will continue to provide opportinities to help those around me more effectively. I will be the first in my immediate family to have a degree. I already have my associates in business and once I gain my bachelor's I plan on getting my masters. I want to help people in bad situations. There are a number of different things that I feel I can contribute to this field. I only have 2 classes left and have run out of funding for an undergraduates degree (my bachelors).

National University allows me to go to school full time and work full time. Since the classes are online, scheduling is not an issue amd os very flexable.

Paola

Education, experience, knowledge--that's usually what most people say when they're asked what they got out of their college experience. I'm no different, of course; I value my years of education and all of the knowledge I've gained by staying in school. But I have to say that the most important thing I've gotten out of my college experience is myself. When I first started, I didn't really know myself--I guess you can say I still don't. I'm only 21, after all. However, my three years in college gave me back my voice, my ability to express what I want from life, and a plan to get it. Along the way, I learned some pretty important things about myself--such as what I really want to do in life is to write. It doesn't matter where, for whom, or why--it's what I'm good at and it's what I love. And if I have to choose the most valuable thing I've gotten out of college so far, it's the self-confidence I've gained and the knowledge that I will achieve my goals.

Since I haven't started yet, I have no complaints...the only thing I can think of is the tuition rate. Why does school have to be so expensive?

I brag about how I'm going to live in sunny San Diego to go to school. I also brag about how I'll get my Bachelor's degree in less time than they will, and how I'll probably make more money than them as well. Mostly, I brag about getting accepted to an accredited university and being one step closer to achieving all my goals.

James

National is a place that allows me to continue my educational career full time while I begin building my career ladder.

almost 100% online, allowing for flexible schedules and self motivation. It really puts the pressure on me to not fall behind.

Education is the cornerstone to a succesful and fulfilling career. The chance that National is giving me to pursue my goals both academically and professionally shows that not only does it support my career but understands that my life cannot be put on hold because I need an education. It has actually partnered itself with my employer to tailor a course exclusively to my chosen career. With great faculty and student support, it is one of the best school experiences I have ever had.

National University is run on a month long class schedule. This allows me to be able to set up a school schedule that works with the rest of my life. The class sizes are also very small and the class rooms are set up to enhance the learning environment. I am able to receive the one-on-one attention needed from my professors in order to excel in my classes. It feels like this college actually wants me to succeeded in achieving my long term goals.

As a high school senior I felt as if I had finally mastered my school carrier. Thinking I knew everything, I was foolishly more focused on graduation and prom then SAT's and college applications. If I could go back in time and give myself one piece of advice for the future I would tell myself that "failing to plan, is planning to fail". As a high school graduate I knew what goals I held for myself, but I had no plan for how I was going to achieve each of them. I should have spent my senior year making this plan and then upon graduation I could have immediately continued working toward my nursing carrier. By not knowing what college I wanted to attend I inevitably prolonged the time I now have to wait in order to enter into the nursing program at National University. In conclusion, if I would have chosen a specific school that catered to my degree interest and applied in high school I would be further along in my college curriculum. By telling myself to create a plan and be proactive in high school I would be setting myself up for future success in college.

The worst thing about my school by far has to be the cost of receive such a tailored education. The classes along with being very accessible are also very expensive.

Jordon

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself many things. The most important thing I would try to encourage myself to do is to take a full class schedule as a senior. Because I had enough credits I was not required to take a full class schedule. I realize now that I could have received more education free rather than having to pay for courses now.

Prioir to attending this school I wish I had known some online classes require you to be logged on as early as 6:00pm which is not possible for come students who work full time. I am persuing an online degree because I need to work full time. However, some online courses require chat sessions to be done at times when students are still working. The reason for taking courses online is to avoid this.

I am currently attending National University soley online because the courses offered at the campus closest to me only offers courses in the afternoon when I am still at work. There is no variation of time or days that classes are offered at the Twentynine Palms campus.

Heidi

The years are going to pass regardless of what you are doing. Be financially broke for a while, money comes and goes. Material things can be taken from you, but your education will be with you until the day you die.

My biggest problem with college was finding a school that fit. During high school, I didn't really research schools, I only toured and applied to local schools. I wish that I could go back in time and visit as many schools as possible. I transferred schools several times and I feel that if I found a school that suited me, then I would have already graduated. Also I would have taken advantage of living on campus. I commuted back and forth from school and I feel that I missed out on the college experience. I think that living on campus and being totally immersed in student life is important. You find who you are while you are in college and being in a school that can help you discover that is priceless.

The best thing about the school is the one class per month format. It ends up being the same work load as going to school full time at a traditional college or university, but you only have to concentrate on one subject at a time. I feel that I am able to absorb more of the information that is being taught.

David

The first piece of advice I would give myself would be to apply for scholorships. Financial aid grants and loans are not enough to go to school, buy books, and live on. My second piece of advice would be to focus on classroom type of classes rather than online classes. Classroom classes forces one to focus on the learning and limit the possibility of procrastination. A third piece of advice would be to alternate fun and difficult classes. Doing hard classes first wears you out while doing fun or easy classes first creates a false sence of expectations. Finally, I would advise myself to narrow down a scholastic field early.

No campus life or social opportunitied

Bethany

Classmates are always willing to help.

Classmates are always willing to help.

No matter how difficult it may be, go to college and get a degree. You may hit rough patches and times you want to quite, but don't. In the end, it'll be so rewarding and well worth it! Even if you can't go full time, at least part time...something. Well worth the work.

It's one class a month, so it's very fast paced. And super expensive!!

National University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.