La Jolla, CA
National University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend National University

Trisha

That guy your life revolves around? The one who controls you and makes you feel like less than you are? In college, he does not matter. In college, you'll wish you'd focused more on the important things. You'll wish you weren't so desperate to grow up, and that you'd taken that homework a little more seriously and listened to your teachers when they told you that you were wasting your talent. In college, you'll wonder why you waited so long. You'll feel at home, and blissfully stressed. You'll get used to your classes eventually, and you'll do well, but you'll wish you could go back and tell yourself that the things you feel are so important now are incredibly fleeting. In college, high school feels like a dream you only half remember. Your classes are hard, but not too hard because you're smarter than you give yourself credit for. You should make it easier on yourself. Believe that you're worthy of an education, of being more than what you could settle for. I have just one wish for you, and that is for you to succeed, for yourself.

Zachary

My classmates overall were quite committed, passionate, and helpful. I made some of my life's best friendships at the University of Oregon.

Freshmen in college find themselves on a new path in life, one that forks in countless directions that all lead on thrilling life journeys. Unfortunately, typical students underestimate complexity of the choices that they will be faced with and consequently under-prepare for their first year of university. They enter college with very little real world experience and generally are not fully matured. I was one of those typical cases. If I could give “young me” advice, I would tell him to actively volunteer and make the world a better place. Volunteerism would have given me a new perspective and encouraged me to mature. Like many adolescents, I knew that volunteerism was positive, but I did not realize how beneficial it truly was. Similarly, I failed to understand how much it would make me grow. My first experiences with charity and community outreach came long after high school. Through these experiences, I grew immensely as an individual. Volunteerism taught me to truly value life, and to connect with people in a way that I never had before. These experiences would have been priceless, and they would have made my transition into life as a mature adult for more fulfilling.

The school had great professors, but they seemed to come and go, especially in the Economics department.

Kawika

There really is nowhere else to go without a college degree Kawika. You’re arrogance and overconfidence are blinding your vision to see your future. Our future. Do you really believe that because after a reading a few articles of how “computer science degrees aren’t worth the time” with other toxic statements such as “you could learn everything you need to learn online.” True – but at what cost to you? Why struggle when you could maintain the traditional route. The arguments such as “Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are college dropouts. If they can do it why can’t I?” The answer is simple Kawika. It’s because you’re not them. Your over-affectionate mother falsely boosted your confidence, telling you how much “smarter you are than the other kids.” You’ve been feeding off this spoon of deceit, and it’s time you stop being scared and dive deep. We’re living in a generation where ignorance seems to be a choice – at least in the US. We have access to so much information at such little cost to us, but we refuse to use it. This is your time to explore Kawika, don't be afraid.

ronni

It was a college for the working adult which was nearly unheard of at that time.

Do not listen to school counselor, Mr. Neuhaus - he is an idot! He said you were not "college material" when he saw your SAT scores. The truth of the matter is this, Ronni, SAT scores are based on the subjects you studied in high school. But, you did not take the courses that prepared students for this test. Mr. Neuhaus is not even smart enough to take this information into context for he does not even look at your transcripts! There are colleges that have open enrollment which means they do not require the SAT scores. Community Colleges will adminster a different entrance exam and have remedial courses to help you ready for college classes. You can go to college, Ronni, and realize your dreams. Go!

Bryanna

I can do all my schooling from home and don't have to worry about gas prices or finding a ride to school.

Start preparing as soon as possible. Don't put it off. Join as many clubs as you can and do sports and things like that. Don't just sit around waiting for everything to be done for you because it won't be. This is for you and it's your responsibilty. Don't wait to start college. Start as soon as you get out of high school and do your best. School comes first and don't forget that. You will always have time for school and boys are not important so forget about them.

There is nothing bad about my school. I love it.

Christopher

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to pick a major before you start college. If you go in with no educational goal or focus, then you won't be as motivated to learn. And if you are not certain on your major selection, then you'll end up changing it over and over and take a lot of courses that you don't need. And consequently, waste a lot of money on courses and books that you'll never use in the future. If you can't decide on a major by the time you graduate from high school, then wait before you go to college. College is expensive, so you should make sure you're getting your money's worth and investing your time in a subject that really interests you and you'll use in the future. If you need to, get a job after high school and see what the real world is like and that will help you decide what career you want and therefore what major will benefit you the most in your career aspirations.

I mostly take classes online and I've found that the professors sometimes don't go through the material on the course website and make sure it is all up to date. Sometimes the information and website links are outdated.

Laura

Classmates are friendly, and highly motivated.

Classmates are friendly, and highly motivated.

College has and will continue to provide opportinities to help those around me more effectively. I will be the first in my immediate family to have a degree. I already have my associates in business and once I gain my bachelor's I plan on getting my masters. I want to help people in bad situations. There are a number of different things that I feel I can contribute to this field. I only have 2 classes left and have run out of funding for an undergraduates degree (my bachelors).

National University allows me to go to school full time and work full time. Since the classes are online, scheduling is not an issue amd os very flexable.

Paola

Education, experience, knowledge--that's usually what most people say when they're asked what they got out of their college experience. I'm no different, of course; I value my years of education and all of the knowledge I've gained by staying in school. But I have to say that the most important thing I've gotten out of my college experience is myself. When I first started, I didn't really know myself--I guess you can say I still don't. I'm only 21, after all. However, my three years in college gave me back my voice, my ability to express what I want from life, and a plan to get it. Along the way, I learned some pretty important things about myself--such as what I really want to do in life is to write. It doesn't matter where, for whom, or why--it's what I'm good at and it's what I love. And if I have to choose the most valuable thing I've gotten out of college so far, it's the self-confidence I've gained and the knowledge that I will achieve my goals.

Since I haven't started yet, I have no complaints...the only thing I can think of is the tuition rate. Why does school have to be so expensive?

I brag about how I'm going to live in sunny San Diego to go to school. I also brag about how I'll get my Bachelor's degree in less time than they will, and how I'll probably make more money than them as well. Mostly, I brag about getting accepted to an accredited university and being one step closer to achieving all my goals.

James

National is a place that allows me to continue my educational career full time while I begin building my career ladder.

almost 100% online, allowing for flexible schedules and self motivation. It really puts the pressure on me to not fall behind.

Education is the cornerstone to a succesful and fulfilling career. The chance that National is giving me to pursue my goals both academically and professionally shows that not only does it support my career but understands that my life cannot be put on hold because I need an education. It has actually partnered itself with my employer to tailor a course exclusively to my chosen career. With great faculty and student support, it is one of the best school experiences I have ever had.

National University is run on a month long class schedule. This allows me to be able to set up a school schedule that works with the rest of my life. The class sizes are also very small and the class rooms are set up to enhance the learning environment. I am able to receive the one-on-one attention needed from my professors in order to excel in my classes. It feels like this college actually wants me to succeeded in achieving my long term goals.

As a high school senior I felt as if I had finally mastered my school carrier. Thinking I knew everything, I was foolishly more focused on graduation and prom then SAT's and college applications. If I could go back in time and give myself one piece of advice for the future I would tell myself that "failing to plan, is planning to fail". As a high school graduate I knew what goals I held for myself, but I had no plan for how I was going to achieve each of them. I should have spent my senior year making this plan and then upon graduation I could have immediately continued working toward my nursing carrier. By not knowing what college I wanted to attend I inevitably prolonged the time I now have to wait in order to enter into the nursing program at National University. In conclusion, if I would have chosen a specific school that catered to my degree interest and applied in high school I would be further along in my college curriculum. By telling myself to create a plan and be proactive in high school I would be setting myself up for future success in college.

The worst thing about my school by far has to be the cost of receive such a tailored education. The classes along with being very accessible are also very expensive.

National University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.