Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

mary

the college is located in a safe area, with safe environment for learning despite the cold weather. the students and teachers are always friendly, with something good to talk about or say to people and they are always ready to help people. it is the college that everyone in North Dakota talk about

Kade

NDSU campus seems a little big the first time you get there, but after a few days, ​it is pretty easy to navigate. Everybody wants you to get involved in something and everybody is very helpful. People are willing to help with showing you where to go, helping you study, and trying to get you to join a group or sport. And it's pretty hard to not find something you enjoy because they have something for everybody, they have over 300 clubs you could join and if somehow you don't find one that you like, you can get your own club started. NDSU is a really amazing place not only to learn but also to make new friends and experience new things

Bailey

NDSU is the perfect size to feel right at home. Its small enough where everyone knows each other yet you still meet new people each and everyday. I personally chose NDSU because I didn't think I would like it here, I wanted to motivate myself to get out of the country and study abroad, but I fell in love with this happy big-small town. Between the amazing professors and advisors you are sure to exceed your educational expectations. The staff always goes above and beyond to ensure you are getting the most out of your money. Which is another reason to love NDSU, tuition rates are low in comparison to sistering schools, while still getting the same educational benefits! Bison football is something we celebrate all weekend long, so throw on your yellow and throw up your horns!

Noah

The campus of NDSU is a beautiful and well organized site that allows for easy navigation without sacrificing a lack of adventure. With multiple locations encompassed in the defined campus short travel yet an indulgent experience. The history of academics also gives a reassurance that a student can get an education that not only prepares them for their field, but puts them in a financial position that allows them a head start in the life they want to leave.

NDSU rocks!

NDSU is a great place to be. There are always things to do here. I love it!

NDSU rocks!

NDSU is a great place to be. There are always things to do here. I love it!

Phil

Get to know yourself. Get clear on the unique gifts you have to give to the world and your passions. Notice what lights you up and trust that feeling. Once you have strong clarity around who you are and what you want, then decide what university, what degree...what path aligns with those desires. You'll be encourage to go about this process the other way around. Most people will try to convince you that the path is what you need to decide on first. Then, you will be asked to try to make your gifts, passions, and desires work on that particular path. And, if they don't, you'll be encouraged to set them aside. I'm here to tell you: DON'T set them aside. There's power in passion. There are gifts only you are meant to give to the world. There are reasons you have certain desires. This is an amazing time to not only investigate the options available to you, but also to investigate "the you" who has all these options. Conscious engagement in the process is key.

Attending the sport competitions were a huge highlight of my time at NDSU. I felt a strong camaraderie with other students cheering and was excited to support the athletes and coaches in their determination and focus. My degree was in Physical Education with a self-declared emphasis in coaching. Watching the sport teams perform and compete, I got to see tactics and skills, discussed in the classroom, come alive. It was equivalent to lab for a science class.

A person who struggles with cold weather might be challenged by the climate they'll experience while attending NDSU. Fargo's winters can be intense and North Dakota's flat landscape allows for frequent, windy days. However, this weather was also the catalyst for some of my fondest memories: skiing and sledding with friends, snow days, and warm meals and hot beverages in the dining center.

Austin

North Dakota State University is a research based campus that strives to propel students into their future career path, by providing qualified professors, diverse academic majors, and many opportunities on and off campus.

If I were to go back to my senior year of high school to give myself advice, one key point I would make sure to emphasize is to be proactive in seeing a career counselor. After my senior year of high school, I applied to a local community college and pursued an AA degree, to which I never finished. Then, a semester later, I transferred into a near-by four year university. Seeking professional advice would have saved myself a year of time, and a year of college tuition. The advice of seeking a career counselor would have eliminated my year of uncertainty and narrowed my focus to my current choice of wanting to become a nurse. Nursing school has shown me the importance of having a good relationship with a mentor, or a school advisor. My naive-self needed this advice three years ago, but all I can do now is share this advice with others.

The worst thing about North Dakota State University has to be it's parking. We have to pay hourly to park on-campus throughout the day, and there aren't many areas to park that are centrally located. Commuters either have to park a few blocks from the main campus, or pay 2 dollars an hour to park in a parking lot that is close by the academic buildings. Along with the terrible parking, if your caught with an expired time card, you will receive a ticket for $20 dollars.

Brady

North Dakota State University is a college that has everything a student would need to be successful. Everything is within walking distance on campus and very accessable. The school also has tutoring available to any student struggling with their classes, which is a very nice addition.

The advice I would give to my high school senior self would be to enjoy it and not worry so much about the future. I worry about the future and what it has in store for me often. I wish I could go back and tell myself to let things happen and enjoy life. I think that is the only thing I would want to say because I am happy with the way my life is turning out. I would have myself apply for more scholarships, however, because I did not know that they were as easy to apply for as they are. Lastly, I would just tell myself that you are going to find people that appreciate you, want to be around you, and treat you the way you should be treated very soon. That would have definitely helped my mental well-being at the end of high schoool. I feel like everyone needs a little positive reassurements every now and then. It is hard to convince ourselves that everything will be okay, but we need to. Things get better, and I wish my high school self would have known that.

The worst part about NDSU is that there is a lack of night life activities. The community is not known for having a very exciting life style so that takes away a lot of opportunities. There are no dance clubs or anything for people under the age of 21 to go out and do late at night.

Ray

What's unique about my school is the high level of education you receive for the small cost of a state school. NDSU is very highly regarded for the amount of education a student gets when attending. For the price that I am paying for NDSU most schools do not offer nearly as much education as NDSU for the price to attend.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself is to apply for as many scholarships as possible before the end of the school year. It's no secret that the cost for attending college is more expensive than it's ever been and applying for scholarships in large amounts gives yourself a chance to lift the financial burden off your shoulders and not be stuck in 20,000 dollar debt like I am today. Applying for scholarships is an absolute no brainer as I continue to do it on a daily basis in the hopes of reducing my education costs for the future. If I was able to open the eyes of my high school senior self then I wouldn't be in the financial predicament that I am in today.

What I wish I knew before attending the school is how expesnive the textbooks are and how I had the opportuinty to purchase the same textbooks online at an online store such as Amazon for half the price of the online bookstore at NDSU.

Elise

I would like to tell myself as a high school senior to spend time investigating what most interests me. Taking an independent study class rather than an elective that doesn't suit my interests is most beneficial. Independent study provides space for creativity and allows research. In senior year, I should have been alotting time for a workshop while balancing after-school track practice with an AP Studio Art workload. An extra 70 minutes to study well-known artists' techniques and styles and practice applying those skills would have been transformative for my portfolio. An alternative to independent study is co-op. Integrating work experience with a school schedule teaches a senior the value of working experience relative to her goals. College is similarly a time for internships and jobs that can support my studies and further my involvement with the art community in my city. Aside from focusing intensely on my art practice, senior year should be for defining who I am as that artist. Participating in Grand Rapids' ArtPrize competition after high school was transformative. My senior self should seek out more galleries, competitions, chances for publication, and most importantly, opportunites to speak and write about my vision.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.