North Dakota State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Skylar

I completed my undergraduate degree in biological sciences and I would recommend anybody to study biology at this wonderful university. The biology department is very accommodating to students and offer an array of opportunities to get hands on experience outside of the classroom. The professors are very approachable and want to help you through the rigorous coursework. I have made many connections with professors and graduate students that have really helped me post-graduation in job searching and professional school applications.

Danielle

It's great! Everyone is nice, the professors are awesome, there are many clubs to join, intramural sports, and you will meet some great people who will become your friends forever. I am so glad that I chose to go to NDSU. Best decision I have made so far.

Sidney

It's a beautiful campus! People are always willing to lend a helping hand if you're lost or don't know what to do next. The staff are wonderful and dedicated to the success of every student. Every semester there's a student involvement expo that allows you to take a look at all the different organizations you can be part of. Greek life is well respected and we work hard to not live stereotypical lives. It gets pretty cold in the winter, but luckily we have heated bus shelters and buildings. Football is a huge part of the school's personality, but if you're not interested it's not the be all-end all of your college life.

Shelby

I have absolutely loved going to school at NDSU! The sports games are amazing to go to and all my professors have been spectacular! There are a tremendous amount of clubs that are available for students to join and there's usually something going on somewhere on campus.

It is a good university with exceptionally small class sizes. As a chemistry major all of your labs are taught by students not the professors. It is very student focused, professors will bend over backwards majority of the time to help you understand. There is also a lot of active research to get involved in, clubs and much more if you have the time.

Bailey

NDSU is the perfect size to feel right at home. Its small enough where everyone knows each other yet you still meet new people each and everyday. I personally chose NDSU because I didn't think I would like it here, I wanted to motivate myself to get out of the country and study abroad, but I fell in love with this happy big-small town. Between the amazing professors and advisors you are sure to exceed your educational expectations. The staff always goes above and beyond to ensure you are getting the most out of your money. Which is another reason to love NDSU, tuition rates are low in comparison to sistering schools, while still getting the same educational benefits! Bison football is something we celebrate all weekend long, so throw on your yellow and throw up your horns!

Kade

NDSU campus seems a little big the first time you get there, but after a few days, ​it is pretty easy to navigate. Everybody wants you to get involved in something and everybody is very helpful. People are willing to help with showing you where to go, helping you study, and trying to get you to join a group or sport. And it's pretty hard to not find something you enjoy because they have something for everybody, they have over 300 clubs you could join and if somehow you don't find one that you like, you can get your own club started. NDSU is a really amazing place not only to learn but also to make new friends and experience new things

Calvin

North Dakota State University is not only a university that will help you achieve great things both academically and personally but is also a place that will help you feel like you found a new home. Within the first week of being up here I no longer wanted to go back home. I had found a new group of friends, a new city that had welcomed me, and the academic scene that was unlike any other. NDSU I have never once had a professor blow me off, I've never once had a teaching assistant not have time to help. When you were at NDSU it feels like the entire campus is there solely to help you, and to make sure that you succeed. Academically and personally this is the greatest school I could ever imagine. The only thing that stops this from being a perfect school is the city of Fargo. While it is rapidly growing as of now there's almost nothing to do, I have been up here six months now and my girlfriend and I have only gone on one date, and that was an hour drive away. On top of that the weather is absolutely atrocious, if you live in the Twin Cities like I did you may think you can handle it. Trust me you can't. This is the most cold, most windy, and most painful place I have ever lived. Even if you come prepared with winter jackets hats and gloves within a couple of minutes of walking to class will be unable to feel your skin. But considering that winter is only three months out of the year and the rest of the time the weather is incredible even that is not a huge return for this University. My recommendation for you is take a closer look at North Dakota State University, I was looking at some bigger schools such as Cornell and Vanderbilt yet after I visited North Dakota State University I knew that is where I want to go. If you think that you have to have grades, or to Hyatt of test scores to go to a state school then you are wrong. The culture, the academics, and the people of North Dakota State University will make you think that you accidentally ended up in an Ivy League school.

Noah

The campus of NDSU is a beautiful and well organized site that allows for easy navigation without sacrificing a lack of adventure. With multiple locations encompassed in the defined campus short travel yet an indulgent experience. The history of academics also gives a reassurance that a student can get an education that not only prepares them for their field, but puts them in a financial position that allows them a head start in the life they want to leave.

NDSU is a great place to be. There are always things to do here. I love it!

David

I love it. I love the fact that it's not a giant campus and the class sizes are fairly small. Everyone is also very nice and willing to help. I also love how some of the professors take the time to get to know you. I have already made some great friends and it has been a blast!

Casey

It is a beautiful and spacious camps with a lot going on! There's so many fun clubs on campus that will get you involved in the community in such a positive way that it looks great on resumes. It's a little on the spendy side but the type of hands on learning you get here and the involvement you get makes it worth it!

Hanna

NDSU is a great place to get an education; however, it lacks in diversity and legal extracurricular activities for students under 21 years old. Out of all the North Dakotan colleges, it is undoubtedly the best bang for your buck.

Jasmin

North Dakota State University-Main Campus is a mainly sports orientated college. If you enjoy football this college is for you. However there are other activities and clubs for you to join. Overall this college is affordable while still remaining current.

Marc

I enjoy the major I am in but am under the impression that the campus favors a conservative overall view, which considerably varies from the opinions of my the department I am in, making it feel as though I am an outsider.

Lila

I love this campus. I have never felt more at home then being here. You see a friendly face almost everywhere you go. There are plenty of places to do homework with your friends or just study with yourself. There are a lot of things to do on and off campus. There are always people around and many helpful resources for anything you need.

Jade

I genuinely think that North Dakota State University is a wonderful school. The professors try making a connection with you right away, either by making jokes or sharing a bit about themselves. They also stress how much of a priority you are for them; they want you to succeed. They often have office hours posted, but all will meet outside of those times if you insist. The dorms are great and there are a number of options you can choose from. You can go co-ed and have both males and females, otherwise there are boys-only and girls-only dorm options. I know a lot of people worry about not having AC, but we are in North Dakota and once winter hits, you will be thankful for the heating we have. The food is good and you are provided with a number of options by either dining center, on campus restaurants, coffee shops, and you can even make your own food in dining halls. The students themselves are all nice and friendly. They care about their education and it shows.

Paul

They faculty and students are incredible. They're fun and easy to get along with. Get's a little cold in the winter, but well worth it. The part I have been most impressed with is the Engineering department. They do an outstanding job at keeping everyone informed about what's going on and how to take care of things that pertain to your major and beyond. *****

Madeline

NDSU is a great school with lots of caring faculty and a good academic program. Like any other school it isn't perfect, but I would recommend NDSU to a family member or friend. Between the wonderful music program to the awesome football team NDSU offers plenty of variety and things that students can do. Private school feel with the opportunities of a public school.

North Dakota State University is a great campus! There are many different things to get involved in from a sorority/fraternity to club sports. The tuition is very affordable and professors are always there to help if needed. The downfalls of NDSU is the food, cold showers, and services not working all of the time. The bike share program is nice but it does not work half of the time. Also, they need to get rid of the hand scanner to get into dining centers. Overall, I love attending this school.

Jarrod

North Dakota State is a very nice campus and I have had a very enjoyable experience. Schooling is very very affordable for in state tuition. This being said, out of state might be a little expensive, however after a year of schooling and living in the state you may apply for in state tuition after getting a ND drivers license. This lowered my tuition by about 8 grand a year. So now I am able to get a very good education while paying a very cheap price.

Courtney

I love it overall. I have met new people and was easy to feel welcome and get involved in campus activities. I find myself getting involved in new experiences and there is plenty to do on campus. I didn't bring a car and have found that I can get around to where I want and need with ease.

Skylar

I believe this is a wonderful campus overall. The people, including students, managers,and professors are informative and involved. The housing has provided opportunities to meet friends. I'm glad I decided to attend college here.

mary

the college is located in a safe area, with safe environment for learning despite the cold weather. the students and teachers are always friendly, with something good to talk about or say to people and they are always ready to help people. it is the college that everyone in North Dakota talk about

Bikram

North Dakota State University (NDSU) Is student focused-non profit university. It has total of about 14,000 students. NDSU

Cheyanne

I love NDSU. I recommend it to everybody and anybody who is planning on attending college. The faculty is super friendly and always willing to help. There are plenty of activities to be involved in ( we have over 300 clubs)! Our dorms may be outdated, but hey they still work! I cannot imagine going anyplace else, and I am super glad that I was accepted and given the opportunity to attend such an amazing college.

Christopher

My overall opinion of North Dakota State University is that it is a great place to learn and grow as a student. I think that NDSU has top of the line professors that are very interested in the success of their students. North Dakota State University has a lot of different research opportunities for students of all levels to be a part of.

Brooke

NDSU is so open and inviting! Everyone is very friendly and campus itself is beautiful. I wanted a big campus that wasn't over crowded and NDSU met my expectations to a T. It's also growing very fast, with a brand new student focused STEM building and new housing options in the works. I love watching how campus is evolving. One thing that isn't my favorite about NDSU is that there isn't a very wide diversity for a college campus, but at least it feels like home.

Abigail

North Dakota is a very enjoyable campus to be a part of. There are a wide variety of accessible dining centers spread across campus for students to grab some food between classes. Campus is nicely laid out and can be easily navigated. Overall, NDSU is a pretty good school and I would recommend other students attend there.

Gail

I have enjoyed the campus and the activities I am involved with. There are many activities to choose from and there is plenty to do on campus. The food plan and the food in the cafeteria is top notch. My only complaint is the residence halls could do more activities to get people to mingle and get to know each other; weekly or monthly activities would be great.

Nathan

North Dakota State University is a vey welcoming campus with a helpful staff and helpful professors that care about the education you are receiving. Professors are always available and study groups are also always available. And if your looking for a party, look no further because there are plenty of opportunities.

MacKenzie

I have only been on the campus for a short time, just enough to get an understanding of what is going on. I can honestly say that North Dakota is my new home. I am originally from Washington state, but I would love to live here forever. I cannot wait to enjoy my new campus for the next few years.

Christopher

It's a great place to go to college. The campus and college community is very inviting, offers assistance, and offers opportunities to get involved. The campus is compact and not too big. The friends and relationships that I have made here will be life lasting.

Tyla

North Dakota State Univesity is a safe and fun environment to pursue any career. There are so many different people to meet that you are easily able to expand your cultural knowledge and acceptance. The programs offered are challenging but engaging in most aspects which allows those determined to succeed. While professional programs are competitive to get into it pays off in the fact that only those who do get in are able to thrive.

Abby

I love NDSU. The campus is small enough where you can make it from one side to another very timely, but large enough where you will see someone new everyday. Class sizes are good, some are large lectures and some have 15 students in them. The professors are very good about office hours and getting back to you. And NDSU's athletics and arts programs are amazing.

Kaylee

I love NDSU and wouldn't trade my experiences for the world. I've made so many lifelong friends and gotten involved in things I didn't know I would enjoy before going here. I've found my passion for psychology while attending this school because of my awesome professors and the great learning environment.

I absolutely love NDSU! The campus is a perfect size and connected really well. You can easily walk from one end of the campus to the other in about 10 minutes. Also, there are so many friendly people including the teachers! Plus, there are so many things to do on and off campus, and there is even a mall nearby. The only thing that I think is not the best is that the mall and the main part of Fargo is about 10-15 minutes away and it is slightly inconvenient when you do not have a vehicle.

Mac

I think it is a very good campus. You feel very welcome and that people actually care about you. All of the facilities are brand new so everything is nice, from the wellness center to labs for class. Also, when you inevitably get the old lecture professor who doesn't know how to teach there is a free tutor center. Love it here

Hailey

I have thoroughly enjoyed my school so far. The classes are challenging but the teachers and tutors throughout the campus make learning a priority and don't fail to express their concerns over your grades with you. Outside of classes, the campus is extremely easy to maneuver and people here are genuinely friendly and inviting. Plus, you CANNOT beat the school spirit.

Winfred

Well this will be my second year in the Architecture program and i am really excited to get started and get back into the school atmosphere. Every-time i am walking the campus I always notice something new, and being in the Architecture program you can bet it has something to do with the architecture that is on campus. They professors are extremely helpful and more than willing to go more in depth with you on a lecture if you ask them. I could not have picked a better school. If i had to say one negative thing it would have to be that the parking lot for the students who are commuting is pretty far away, bit that's only a problem in the winter.

Mariya

NDSU is a very diverseed compes, and has a lot of Opportunitys for students. I think all sutudents feel welcomed in this university and I enjoy taking my major in NDSU

The campus is very friendly and the classrooms are all easily accessible. There isn't too much to do in the city of Fargo which results in students spending most of their time drinking. Despite that, the campus is very safe and has a homey feeling. The whole campus and city of Fargo come together for the Bison football games. Every Saturday home game is like a holiday event.

Andrew

I think that NDSU is an excellent school. The campus has a nice layout and there's a fantastic bus system that can easily transport you anywhere on campus and even all around Fargo. The people who attend are all really friendly. Classes are in a good environment. And the cafeteria food is absolutely amazing! The only downside to NDSU is that it's windy all the time. So if you don't mind the wind and a good North Dakota winter, than NDSU is definitely worth taking the time to check out.

Marisa

My name is Marisa Furry and I am a current senior in mechanical engineering at NDSU. It is safe to say that I have grown the most academically and as an individual during my time at NDSU. The overall college atmosphere and culture on campus is great, but not the main reason for my pride in being an NDSU Bison. Before starting college, everyone forgot to mention that college would be my most challenging time in finding out who I was and what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. After experiencing a handful of the ups and downs that 3 years of college brings, I can finally say I know what I want to do with my life and why that's so important. NDSU has driven me to be passionate about the engineering needs within the medical device industry. Cultivating a desire to continuously learn (even after college) and connect with people on a deeper level will allow me to impact medical patients on a first-hand level. I never wanted to be a stereotypical cubical-dweller engineer that crunches numbers day in and day out. (I mean, who really does?) My time at NDSU has taught me that engineering doesn't have to be ordinary or stereotypical. It can be whatever I want it to be. And for me, my career goal is simple: I want to help people live their best life. The NDSU engineering faculty have allowed me to learn things I'm genuinely curious about. Sure, lectures are still sometimes boring as they will be at every school but opening my eyes to what technological needs are in the world is not going to be found at just any school. I believe in the future of medical devices, I believe in the future of young engineers, and I believe that NDSU has done nothing but equip me and prepare me for positively impacting people in the world. For this reason, I cannot thank North Dakota State University enough for investing in me, allowing me to find my passions, and giving me opportunities to use my knowledge for meaningful work.

Alec

I very much enjoy the North Dakota State University Campus. I have visited it twice, and I plan and attending in the fall of 2019. It is a very beautiful campus with endless amenities for students to take advantage of. The housing options are fairly broad an all the dorms are very nice looking. As far as the food, it is superb! There are tons of options to choose from making sure to leave everyone satisfied and smiling.

Jenna

NDSU is an amazing campus and college to attend if you're looking to focus on your education all the while also maintaining your social activities. There are many opportunities for everything and everyone on campus. I also think it's a GREAT college to go to if you're out of state, as the tuition isn't high at all.

Charles

NDSU is an extremely welcoming place to go to school, and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in the community, as well as stick to studies. Everyday, I look forward to the new opportunities I will find and the new people I have the chance to meet. Overall, NDSU is a college extremely conducive to learning, and the community is open as well.

Lane

This is my fourth year as a student at North Dakota State University. I am a mechanical engineering major graduating in May. I have enjoyed my time here and hope to encourage anyone thinking of attending. First of all I would like to say that NDSU has a very friendly student body and staff members. I have been able to strike up conversations we many people and almost everyone seems willing. I have also been encouraged by the willingness of the faculty to make time for the students outside of class. In my 4 years I have never had an issue with a teacher in terms of bad teaching or unfairness in grading. As a mechanical engineer, I can speak to the proficiency of the engineering program. The courses and outline for this major are challenging but they have done a good job of preparing me for my field. Outside of classes, NDSU has many opportunit.ies for students to get involved. Personally I have been involved in several intramural sports, CRU (campus ministry), and club baseball. The college does and wonderful job of financing these activities and allows students to pursue their passion. The last thing I want to talk about is the athletic programs. NDSU is very competitive in all their sports, especially football. This has created a positive and unifying culture at NDSU. The pride that the student and community take in the athletic teams brings everyone together and is a huge draw for perspective students. Overall, my experience at NDSU has been positive and i would highly recommend the college to anyone who is thinking of attending.

tyanna

North Dakota State University is an awesome college with many opportunities for it's students. The facilities are well taken care of and the students are a top priority always. The dorms are updated and spacious, made comfortable for living. There is many options for food, making sure every student is satisfied. Overall the college is great.

Jaylen

Great Campus with Tremendous opportunities A lot of Helpful people in a diverse environment who encourage you too succeed. Having lived in Texas for 12 plus years graduating from High School an attending College in Texas on an Athletic Scholarship after my family relocated while I was 8 yrs old from Michigan. Coming back North to graduate after several concussions from a sport I loved taught me some valuable lessons about accountability , sacrifice and long term goals versus gratification from sports my value is beyond just my athleticism