Chicago, IL
Northeastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeastern Illinois University

Calvin

As to the elapse of my sole experience of the college community setting, I have encounter myself brimming jubilant of the universe and essence of the nature relayed to me in all class settings. He who is I, have come to endure a widely select set populace of peculiar instructors and their diverse approaches to infest our mind with the cultivating artifacts that craft our intelligence; in result, empowering each individuals' self-being in the classroom eggshell. Furthermore, I love to announce that my college savvy has catalyzed a further fostering for a longing rapaciousness chiefly in spite of my educational enlightenment. The yonder more I come at an approach of advancing not my level of success, but yet to mature my being in value; I become self-satisfied. With all the wisdom I have attained from the teachings of my educators of the community college setting, regardless of the setting location, I entail to sprawl my seeds of “vou” and convey my train of teaching amongst Earth. (vou=greek for intellect).

Mary

The school is affordable, and has wonderful programs.

The school is affordable, and has wonderful programs.

I have been emersed in so much diversity here in Albany Park. The school's setting in the city makes it a wonderful experience that I would not trade for anything. Northeastern's motto is "Learn in the city, lead in the world." This motto holds true for the fact that gaining experince in Chicago helps one preapre for a world that is getting connected to every country faster and faster. I would not give up my learning experice here for anything.

I brag about not being in too much debt after school, and still getting a quality edcucation out of it.

Once senior year came in high school, I was both excited and nervous knowing that I would soon be beginning a new chapter of my life. Because of that it was important for me to pick colleges that were student and educated oriented. While I enjoyed my social life, I felt it was more important to look back and share my stories with others about obtaining my education rather than my social life. The college I chose to attend reminded me of high school in a way, and I believe that helped me adjust to the college life better and have a better experience while doing so. My major in college was Elementary Education, with that also came the notion of Diversity. When I decided to become an educator, I knew that I had to understand how to accomodate diverse students and situations. With being a diverse college not only was I being taught Diversity, I was also shown how to excel in a diverse community and world as well.

I wish I would have known that I would have probablly had a better experience if I had attended an on-campus school.

Being that the school was mostly a commuter school, there was not many campus events to attend.

Mary

It's December, 1968, and I am graduating. All I want to do is get OUT of the educational system . . . but wait! I hear a voice, and it's getting louder now. And it's talking to me . . . oh, no, it IS me!! "Go to college while you are young. Don't put it off, for you are only fooling yourself. You will never realize your potential without a college education. You have a 3.8 GPA, and any college would LOVE to have you as a student. Don't waste these years. "Look at me. I am in my fifties now. It took me until now to realize what I threw away more than thirty years ago. I'm unemployed and trying to find scholarships now to finish college. Don't let this happen to you! You have your whole life ahead of you - make it a good one!"

Diversity is the best thing about Northeastern Illinois Univerity, giving students the opportunity to interact with people from many different backgrounds and cultures. This is an excellent preparation for the real world, since globalization is the key to business, both now and even more so in the future.

No student who has racist views and/or is not open to learning about other cultures should even think about attending this school. Northeastern Illinois University is rich in cultural and racial diversity, having the honor of being one of the most diverse universities in the country.

My classmates at Northeastern Illinois University are very helpful and understand that they need you, just as much as you need them.

If I could go back, I would definitely tell myself three things: quickly learn to be independent, pick a major that is realistic and study ten times more than you did in high school. The first thing every college freshman should understand is that Mom and Dad will not be on campus to help. We definitely have to learn to be independent and this was something that was a complete shock to me. I quickly learned that I had to grow up and take care of myself. The second thing that I wish I would have thought more about was my major. If I could go back, I would tell myself to really think about what major is realistic. I started out majoring in Fashion Design, but changed my major to Marketing after realizing I had more opportunity in business. I wasted a lot of time and money. The last, and main, thing I would tell myself is to study more than I did in high school. High school was easy for me, so I didn't really study much. I wish I would have known college would be much different because it began to show up in my grades.

I would have to say getting appointments with the Academic Advisors is very frusterating. It takes a while to get an appointment and when you finally talk with them, they are not very informative. Another thing that's frusterating is that the school does not offer convenient times for classes. Sometimes they only offer a class at one time, on one day, sometimes causing you to be at school either all day or many days during the week.

What would I say to myself if I could travel back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior? I would tell myself that life without further education is a practice in futility. I would let myself know that, without utilizing my mother's generosity and attending college straight out of high school, I will be stuck in a dead end retail job with no hopes of improving my life. I will struggle to pay bills, struggle to keep my head above water and struggle to find the money I need to finish school. I would tell myself that I will spend hour upon hour researching scholarships in order to prevent having to take out loans in order to finish college. Ultimately, I would tell myself, though I feel like more school is not what I am interested in straight out of high school, it is the best thing I can do for myself and for my future.

danilo

If could go back in time and talk to myself in the past, the first thing that i would say is that there is nothing to worry about college that having english as a second language does not mean that college will be hard. I would explain to my self that I am taking english classes that are really helping me to learn english and that in college I have many people who are willing to help me if I have problems writing an essay or in any english assigment. Another thing that i would like to tell myself is that in college is really easy to make friends because there are really good people who are really friendly. Last but no least I would tell myself that college teachers are not mean like many people say I would explain to myself that college teachers are people who want the best for their students.

Well, first If had known that in college you have to write many essays all the time, I would have payed more attention to my english teacher. Also I wish I had known that there was nothing to worry about college; for instance, I used to worry to much about not doing good in college because english was my second language. But now that i am in college I know that there are many people there to help me with all my assigments.

The worst thing about my school is that the campus is not really big. We do not have places where we can play different sports. The only part where we can play is the gym, which can become boring sometimes. I also do not like the fact that my school does not have sports team. I know that we may not be able to have a football team but at least a soccer team or a baseball team that represents our school.

Javier

The school is old with a flavor of new and easy flow of energy that makes me feel at home.

I did not have a guide in high school it would be nice to talk to my self. The fact was that being a Latino back in 1985 meant that not much was expected. Trade school was a popular option. I recently took a college class called CHEMESTRY thru Society. The professor was my age 44. He describe his experiences thru life as he push forward to achieve his goal. He mentions times when he did not money for food as he push on for his PHD in Canada and how cold it was. He told stories about one of his first jobs as a teacher in a private school. He discovered a container with a crystallize chemical on a metal lid cover. He informs the dean of the school that he had about two sticks of dynamite. How his father encourage him to follow his passion. I wanted to be a Chemist in high school!!!!! I was seeing my life. I had no guidance, no father, no expectation. I am a Mechanical Drafter making Engineer decision with out being paid or able to find a better job because of the degree! I would share my Chemistry college professor story!!!!!!!!!!

The amount of money the class cost. I am a returning student after 16 years of no school. I have two Autistic children, and I am required to be better for them. The school is providing a road for me to take care of my children if I have to in the future!!!!!!!!

Nancy

Northeastern Illinois University is the most diverse school in the city.

Northeastern Illinois University is the most diverse school in the city.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myslef alot of advise. Most importantly I would encourage myself to spend wisely. Most high school seniors are blind to the fact that attending a post-secondary school is much more expensive than they expect. Most students are caught by complete surpise when they take a look at the price of textbooks. Personally, being in debt can be very stressful and to not having to worry about making tuition payments on time.

The worst thing about my school is that there are no on-campus housing. This is a big let down because it would be nice to have that option at a university.

JESSICA

ALOT OF DIVERSITY. CLASS ROOM IS SMALLER SO IT IS EASY FOR TEACHER TO FOCUS ON ALL STUDENTS.

I SHOLD OF GONE STRAIT TO NORTHEASTERN BECAUSE THE CLASS AND SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT IS REALLY WELCOME. SHOULD OF APPLY MORE FOR SCHOLARSHIPS. JUSS KEEP WORKING HARD EACH DAY.

THAT IS REALLY DIVERSE. THE TEACHERS AND STAFF ARE HELPFUL. STUDENTS ARE REALLY FRIENDLY. I FEEL SAFE AND SECURE. I TEND TO DO WELL ADN ALSO GET ALONG WELL WITH STUDENTS AND STAFF.

Northeastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.