Northeastern Illinois University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northeastern Illinois University

Ayah

It is a great and open school for all cultures.

Amber

Northeastern Illinois University is an okay school. But I care about my education. I am in the Honors Program and still do not feel academically challenged. The FYE classes are supposed to help freshman get to know each other and get use to the college, moat of the class is lecture based with the few interactive activities that are dry.

Emilie

Since beginning Northeastern Illinois University on August 2016, I had experienced so many positive things. Northeastern is a place I called my second home and a place I let my differences shine. It's a school where diverse backgrounds clash to create an environment so beautiful and welcoming. I am proud to call myself a Northeastern Illinois University's Golden Eagle!

Donquelle

Northeastern is the most affordable school in the city. Small class sizes that allow students and professors to interact with each other more than usual. Great caring professors. I haven't met a professor yet that wasn't willing to go over and beyond for their students.

Mikah

My overall opinion of Northeastern Illinois University is that it is a phenomenal academic institution. Diversity is plastered everywhere throughout the campus and the website. But to see it for yourself, it lacks in all areas. Organization is the most aspect to make sure everything is understood the right way, and yet the financial aid building lacks in that as well.

Ceci

Northeastern Illinois University is an affordable option to obtain a degree. The atmosphere is nice, the professors (at least the ones I've had) were accesible outside class, and they were willing to help when needed. There are a variety of extracurricular activities available and you can usually see groups of students doing activities outside class.

Noah

I feel it's a wonderful school committed to learning.

Olivia

Northeastern Illinois University is a very diverse school culturally and racially among the students along with the professors as well. Professors are easy to contact and get ahold of and academics are quite a bit challenging but who doesn't like a little challenge especially in college?! Overall a nice school to attend.

Umama

An incredibly welcoming place to visit and get all of your alumni needs and campus resource questions met! Fun, service driven staff will want to get to hear about you and all your accomplishments as well as your aspirations- they know a lot of people to connect you to. Stop in today to hear all about the exciting programs and events they offer!

Jasmine

NEIU is such an amazing school. It's diverse and I definitely feel like I belong. The faculty and staff care about your well being as well as your studies. Everyone goes out of their way to help you in any way that they can. I have met so many amazing people, friends and professors. Choosing Northeastern to further my knowledge is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Erin

It's a really great school and wonderful value. The teachers and staff really seem to care about all the students and want you to succeed. They're very passionate about helping you be the best you can be and truly prepare you for a future you want. The value at Northeastern is truly wonderful. I love getting a good education while being able to not be so afraid of a large amount of debt.

jasiya

Northeastern Illinois University, is a school where a student does not only receive a degree but, receives much more then that a student gains experience and feels comfortable as the staff and faculty are always available to help. A student will always have someone to talk to if anything is troubling the student.

Heather

I have had a great experience at NEIU. The biology department has been wonderful. All of my instructors truly care about the success of the students and are available in and out of class for help. The class sizes are nice and small, almost all of them have had less than 30 students, with the average being around 24. The campus is safe, as is the parking structure at night. It is a commuter school for the most part so many students are juggling a job, family, and a commute. They just opened an on-campus hosuing facility which is great for students looking for a typical 4 yr university experience.

Ayesha

Honestly at first I was nervous about joining this university but it’s not at all what I thought, it’s more than that. Good facilities, awesome professors, fun and active students. It’s more than you even think of! First everyone is nice and helpful. There is alternative solutions to your problems. Academic help and personal help you can find both. Everyone is just busy with something or the other, it may be events, clubs or activities or may be working part time on campus. We have good resources such as P.E complex, library, tutors, canteen and many more events. All in all it’s really a good university. I am happy that I choose this university to fulfill my goals.

Alexina

Northeastern Illinois University is a unique place where students can find who they are and how they can positively impact their communities. NEIU offers its students an excellent curriculum where professors and tutors are always available. Students often feel safe and comfortable in their classrooms. In addition, NEIU makes an effort to create a diverse student body where students can connect and learn from each other's experiences.

Mariela

The environment is amazing. It may be a small campus, but it has a lot of activities and event happening every other day. There is always something happening, from bake sales to presidential lectures. The staff is very helpful, no matter who you ask, it will bring you one step closer to an answer.

Yahtzeni

This has been the school I dreamed of. At first I didn't see it like that but now that I am a year in, I understand why I am here. My professors are always involved and when I need to talk to them about my career choice they are happy to help. The Social Work department is like family.

TAWANA

Northeastern is a great school to attend they keep involved with what's going on around campus. The professor are always willing to help the students with their studies. You would go wrong attend here.

liset

My overall opinion of Northeastern Illinois University is eccentric and welcoming. When I got admitted there the Fall of 2017, it was welcoming and peaceful that there is many support systems and people who can help you in anyway, you're not alone. I was relief that they did so not only that, but offer so much more than other schools that I went to visit and reviews to see what was the best fit for me. The students and the campus is very diverse and I love it! I always wanted to have a diverse community with no hate and learn more about one another. I would say that this school is best fit for students who can't afford much and want to be able to go to a University. Starting off a Freshman or a Transfer, they'll admit you to one of the programs that they would help guide your way to college and understanding it as well! I recommend it if you're looking something extravagant and welcoming!

Naomi

North eastern Illinois university is a safe place for me to learn. I feel it is diverse and the staff treat me well. I meet people who speak my language and I feel good about it. I don't feel alone. I meet other who are like me . The professors are so nice and easy to communicate with. The only problem I am having is with financial.

Leonardo

I transferred into Northeastern Illinois University and have experienced nothing but a warm welcome from my professors and peers. The class sizes average around 15-20 students which make for great discussions and personal feedback from professors. Professors are likely to remember you and strike a conversation, if time permits, to catch up and see how your academic career is going. This type of atmosphere was one that I lacked at my previous university and I believe this largely stems from the Northeastern's diversity and open-mindedness.

Preksha

I really love Northeastern Illinois University. I think that student population is brilliant, and is very active. The professors, tutors, and almost everybody on campus is quite welcoming. The class sizes are comparatively small, which is great because it helps the students focus better in the class. We have great tutors and mentors on campus, who are genuinely passionate about what they do.

Michelle

Overall, Northeastern has a great early childhood education program within their school of education. I have had wonderful professors so far who have really supported me in my journey of being a teacher for young children. I love how clean the campus is and how there are beautiful spots to study outside or to enjoy the view when fall is at its peak or springtime is in bloom.

tuti

i pick one star. I am a visitor to the school I'm going to attend in the fall but not by choice by force by my family because it's more affordable. I am terrified to attend because the school is right next to a cemetery and my sister tells me the classrooms do not have any windows and at times the school can be a little dangerous. I won't rest till everybody knows that this school is garbage.

Tru

it's a school with small classes which create a better learning place, the school is fine and the food is fine too.

Tru

Alis

I would say that this is a great school for those who only worry about their academics, but if there were more sports, it would allow student to be more active and encourage them to come to NEIU; but otherwise than that, the professors make sure that we know what is going on in class, that we stay on track and pass our classes, and are willing to help. The counselors also offer advice on how we should schedule ourselves for each semester so that we do not regret the choices we make. Overall, it is a great school.

Araceli

I am Araceli Navarro. I am a sophomore college student at Northeastern Illinois University determined to obtain a bachelor's degree in psychology. My educational aspirations consist of acquiring a bachelor's degree with a major in psychology and a minor in biology which would assist me in my career as a neonatal nurse. Northeastern does not provide a degree for nursing but they had lovely people who were able to guide me with prenursing courses. From the very beginning at NEIU, I felt relieved that they were able to set me up with a timeline of courses I could take that will count towards pre-nursing prerequisites. Furthermore, I feel comfortable attending this very diverse university. Previously in the high school I attended, students will get in trouble for speaking their native language. However, at NEIU, we are motivated to express our cultures and embrace it. The Pedroso Center is one area on the main campus that sets up many events with different themes. Along with various events hosted in this area, they show support for the LQBTQ community. It feels great to be part of a university that considers us not only students. There is a community at this university and it is always nice to be greeted by friendly people at school. Additionally, NEIU provides many resources and opportunities for many people. People are able to get into the Scholars program or the TRIO program that provides them with extra help. These programs help many students academically and financially; they allow students to keep track of their studies and get help in obtaining scholarships. Overall, Northeastern Illinois University has provided a wonderful college experience to myself and others. NEIU is a great place to further your education, provides areas where you can hang out with friends, and perfect scenery for artistic individuals.

Diego

It is a great campus for those who are pursuing an education degree like elementary, high school, or college.

danielle

I believe Northeastern has a huge variety of things you can study. Even though it might not have a specific major you're looking for, you can always work your way there and still complete your degree your currently working on. The campus isn't the biggest, but the people that are on campus definitely make up for it! The staff is amazing there and they make you feel so welcomed. Northeastern is my current #1 to choice and I couldn't be more excited to attend there!