Nampa, ID
Northwest Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Nazarene University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Leithan

take more math courses and try to get more AP classes

take more math courses and try to get more AP classes

anyone that wants a great education without all the public college issues.

My friends are outgoing and willing to work and help out when I need it.

My friends are outgoing and willing to work and help out when I need it.

When looking for a college you should consider what your family can afford of course but there is no point in choosing a school that you are gloing to hate for the next 2-4 years! The college I chose strains my family's budget but I feel as though I am at home when at school and don't feel the unnecessary stress of a bad enviroment. When looking for a college try and stay in the dorms and eat the food. I can't believe people would choose a school without eating the food first! Meeting the professors is also important because if you have a special way of learning you need a professor who will help you and not be calloused about it. When I walked onto my campus I felt as if I was smacked over the head with the feeling that this was the place where I could become an adult and learn not just about my intended career but also about who I am, and who I want to be. Trust your heart and the right college will come to you.

The campus is so beautiful and fun. The teachers always make sure I have the answers I need to understand the material covered and will move deadlines to make sure everyone will get the chance to complete the assignment. The students form close friendships with the professors and I work with one doing research for the school. The clubs and extracurricular activities are helpful with socializing and tkaing time away from studies. The work load is challenging but worth it when you can explain it from memory to other students.

Tammy

they are very friendly and easy to talk to.

they are very friendly and easy to talk to.

When choosing a college, it is a good idea to make sure that it offers career plan that you are interested in and you know that you will love. In order to have a successful experience at your college of choice, it is important to live the life you love and love the life you live. One thing that I have leared in my years as a college student is that,it is okay to change your career plan in order to move closer to one that makes you the happiest. Also, allow yourself to have some fun outside of just going to classes. if you do this you may find that life can be more enjoyable and less stressful. Don't allow yourself to become so burried in your classes and homework that you miss what it is to be a college student. Learn all that you can and make the most of what you learn.

I wish that i knew that it was ok to have some fun as long as I still got my homework done.

I think that parents should encourage their child to visit perspective college to get a feel for what they want. Some people like the small school feel while other don't want that at all. Also, the parents should support their child decsion in the school. When you have parents who are behind the choosing process it makes things go smoother, and usually things work out much better. Letting your child experience college fr themselves I think is probably the best advice I could say. Just try things out, you can make mistakes and realize what you want and don't want in life.

Someone looking for the "college life". The drinking and partying side is what I mean by that. It is a dry campus so you can get into serious trouble for that type of stuff. Not saying people don't break rules but it is not a part of this campus' life.

The atmosphere being so welcoming and so friendly. Also, the class sizes. When you can compare a class size here at NNU with about 20-30 students to a state school with well around 500 students. You can see why I would brag.

Eric

Creative, easy-going, somewhat experimental. Within my major I think there were less political conservatives than other areas of campus and a larger percentage from states outside the school's region.

Visit the school before making your decision and go in with the knowledge that you're not stuck with what the school offers. It's your choice to pursue a career and participate in your education. Pick the school that will help you do that, but know that it's still your choice to succeed or not.

The best thing is the community aspect. The smaller size of the school and religious aspect seemed to make it easier to intereact with most people on campus and even to explore different ideas within the community.

The focus was on studying, but students made lots of time for social life.

The focus was on studying, but students made lots of time for social life.

My advice to students would be to go to a school that you feel comfortable and safe at. That will allow you to get the most out of your education. I also encourage students to double-major or pick up a few minors if they have multiple interests and aren't sure what to do. You may be in college longer, but that isn't as big a deal in college as it is in high school. And that way you will truly be able to discover the line of work you want to pursue.

It has really small classes, friendly people, and is a good academic environment.

Community oriented, caring loving place where people can come together to worship, love and become an independent adults in the workforce.

There is element of religion and Chistianity at my school that can be intimitating in the beginning. I have learned that even though we my not be Christians and have conflicting religious affiliations we can still work together and share our lives with each other through prayer.

Parents do not hover over your children during the first years of college, because students learn many valuable liofe lessons during college. I can garantee see some choices are not going to be the best choices but this will lead to a stronger individual later in life. Try to support your child the best you can, and the will succeed. Also go for what you want in a college, and if it doesn't work out, there's always plan B. Don't be afraid to take advantage of school resources such as counseling, tutoring and other activies provided by the school and student body. Get invovled!

Joelle

My school, like others, is completely defined by the amazing individuals who work/study hard in their field and encourage, instruct, and guide any and all people around them as often as their social, academic, spiritual, or leadership position allows.

I am a student admissions counselor and interact with high school students on a regular basis concerning this issue. Of course, before a school can be eligible for consideration it must offer the right major(s) and should be affordable for the student. In addition, a campus visit (hopefully including a few nights in the dorms/apartments and class visitations) prove vital in almost every case. A student's heart deserves to embrace a new environment. From this time spent on campus one establishes an instinct toward the university, which proves vital for future conduct, respect, involvement, energy, and effort in one's future college lifestyle. If a student senses even a slight ownership in a selected school their performance and attitude will be healthy and resilient to the adjustments and pressures of university life. However, my experience concludes that above all the assessment of the quality of the staff and faculty must be involved when choosing a university to attend. Regardless of an excellent student body, a community will be incomplete without the involvement and heart of the professors who touch students' lives every day. A student's academic success improves if professors prove caring, respectable, energetic, and personable.

Those who dislike religious presence and spiritually emphasized conversations ( that is not necessarily coservative or liberal) between people of the administration, faculty, and student body may not apperciate this school's greatest strength. Most people of every background can fit in comfortably here, but it really depends on the demeaner of one's academic class. A student should be fairly comfortable with a small school environment. I would discourage a person who engages in drug use or even alcohol consumption from attending this school - it makes for pretty rough road that normally does not lead to one's graduation.

Charissa

Apply to a lot of colleges. Don't just assume one or two is enough. The more colleges you apply to the more they will fight over you. Oh, and get good grades!

The other day one of the professors in my department invited me over to have thanksgiving dinner with her and her family. I feel like I truly know my professors, they are not simply a stranger behind a podium.

What financial aid? If you are not the son or daughter of some sort of Nazarene pastor or missionary then you feel rather on your own.

Zach

Search out all school options that fit your needs regardless of their costs. You can then narrow them down by the packages they offer you. You need to pick out schools that have the major or majors your are looking for. Also other majors of interest, because it is not uncommon for a student to change their minds during the college process. Make sure you pick colleges that have a climate you will like as well as an area you are comfortable in. It is important to feel comfortable in your surroundings as well as being comfortable in the classroom. Always give a school a year before deciding it is not for you. Sometimes it takes that long to get acquainted with the area, the school and the people.

Northwest Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.