Huntsville, AL
Oakwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oakwood University

James

My classmates are a knowledge-base of their own that isf tapped into can lead to further success in the future.

When I chose the institution or college that I would attend to continue my education, I considered three key factors which were the following: Spiritual Life, Educational Programs, and Financial Affordability. The spiritual life was important to me because of my personal religious beliefs that I hold higher than any other thing because they are what sculpted my morals and values. The educational programs were important to me because I wanted to get the best background education into my major or area of study so that I could enter graduate school prepared. Lastly, financial affordability was important to me because if I could not pay for the schooling then nothing would happen. I looked for a college that gave me the best scholarship so that I wouldn?t have to force my parents to pay too much money. I used these factors and they helped me tremendously and I have not regretted my choice since.

I wish I would have known how on fire the spiritual life is around here because coming from a more conservative church I never really experienced this kind of worship. At this school, the go all out when it comes to praising the Lord. Regular worships sometimes turn into fully active concerts; it is utterly amazing!

Jonathan

The student body consists of many talented and well educated individuals with a few exceptions.

The success of your future will always depend on how much you are willing to sacrifice for its success. All colleges have to offer are differnt color doors to get to the other side of the acedemic journey, but whats found on the other side can only be determined by you.

I wish I knew that it was more financially driven versus spiritually driven, so I wouldn't have been as ashaimed of the institutions practices.

Krystal

To parents; Never push your child into a school that you want her or she to go to. College is a opportunity for a young person to be optimistic and somewhat responsible for their destiny. Parents should encourage their children to look into schools that interest them. Parents should also never limit their child to in state schools. Sometime college is the only time for students to explore other places. Why not do it when your young. Be open minded and be sure to visit many campuses before selecting one. To student; Overall , college is what you make it, so make the best of it. Dont get caught up in the hype too much that your grades drop. Find a balance between business and pleasure. Be open minded, and stay active on campus! Like they say, college is the best years of your life! So live it up! (but study too) lol

Someone who is an introvert. Someone who does'nt like to socialize with other people. Somone who isn't goal orientated

Kristen

Again, we accept anybody. The professors and staff care about a lot more here as opposed to anonther college or university. The classes are smaller and therefore it helps the professors engage in the class more and help you gain a better understanding about the material being taught. Help is available more often than not. We are also religion based, Seventh-day Adventist. We also try to help others start, keep or renew their relationship with Christ. The spiritual aspect is strong here.

Research as much information possible about the schools being considered. It is important to know which schools offer what. Also, do not shoot down your child's opinion of what school they want to go to. Look at the things they have to offer. As far as making the most of your college experience, the fun does not come to you. You have to make the most of it, no matter what school you go to. Studying is definitely important to. These four years of college really helps you in the future. So make new friends, dont be shy, have fun, study hard and keep a good GPA.

Anyone should attend this school. Oakwood welcomes and accepts anybody. This is a school that can help you find out more about yourself and what you want to do in life. It can put you in the serious or non serious category. There are a lot of temptations and Oakwood can help you choose the right thing to do if you are committed.

This is a school where what you seek to find you will and yet one in which encourages a holistic approach to education coupled with service learning throughout the community as well as reaching others worldwide.

The best advice I could offer to parents of college hopefuls would be to communicate with their children. Parents must balance offering them both the freedom to pursue a specific college (and degree), which will enhance and shape their passion in the field of their choice, along with practical boundaries which they can live by in order to find the appropriate setting which cultivates their growth. A supportive parent not only offers financial assistance but guidance through what can easily be a frightening and/or stressful transition from home to an unfamiliar environment. When a young person knows his/her parents are supportive as they acknowledge his/her own choices he/she will be less likely to rebel and more likely to be encouraged to stay focused on his/her goals. College life can be extraordinarily overwhelming sometimes yet parents can help by being available to listen and offer the positive support their children may need. College life is not simply books and tests but includes the potential learning experiences which encompass a mosaic of facets which detail important life skills from: relationships, finances, time management, and workload, balanced by approriate relaxation techniques; each critical to the maintainenance of health.

The type of person I believe would feel most awkward at this school would be someone who was very liberal, politically, and non-religious. I also know that someone who is not African-American and has little to no exposure to other cultures could potentially feel out-of-place. I believe that someone in whom was raised in a non-religious family could potentially find it more difficult to adhere to the rules on campus and he/she may be entirely challenged by some of the practices reinforced. Therefore, I would not suggest this school to him/her.

Oakwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.