Ohlone College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ohlone College

LanAnh

It seems okay so far, but I do not have enough experience during C-OVID19 to tell what in-person life on campus is like. The professors that I have right now seem to do a good job helping their students learn and make them comfortable to seek help. The website is a bit outdated so it is hard to find up-to-date information, but I can find my way around by asking counselors and staff.

Kathleen

I have been enjoying going to Ohlone and look feel well supported. There is a reason that ohlone is ranked in the top ten community colleges in the state. The classes are appropriately challenging, the professors are awesome, there are plenty of clubs and the facilities are off the hook. I love going to ohlone.

Juliana

I think the most important part to me is the class sizes and the professor's availability. The classes are small and Michael Navarra and the entire theater faculty were always available and willing to talk with me about ideas, learning the craft, or to help me with something even if I was never in one of their classes. The entire department's focus is how to prepare students to be working theater professionals artistically both as actors and theater technicians.

Nay Chi Moe

It’s pretry cool. I take the duel program through the MVROP but my teacher is the best ever. I have learned a lot and gained passion because of that class. Especially the teacher is available for almost every time and he is very open minded therefore a lot of students enjoy his class. I feel that this duel program is very good considering how we high schoolers can get a head start on not only experiencing professional environment earlier we can transfer our credits which helps us graduate a little faster.

Abigail

Ohlone College is truly a wonderful community college. The professors are very apporachable. Usually, there are only around 30-40 students in a class. There are a lot of activities, events, and clubs for all students of various ethnicities, hobbies, interests, and so on. The counselors ar very helpful. They will really guide you in choosing your major and the university that you want to transfer to. Also, the view on top of the hill (or in Building 7) is a plus. I really enjoyed my three years at Ohlone. Cheers to all future students!

Talia

Ohlone College is great in the starter opportunities it brings. I was awarded a scholarship so it's an inexpensive choice and I also had no idea what four-year college to attend. With Ohlone, I've been given the needed time to explore future places to transfer. I also got the chance to "dip my toes" into the college experience without having to leave home. I think more people should consider community even though it's got this stigma that only "C students" and drop outs go to. It could be better with it's organization of events and such but overall I haven't regretted my decision.

Orhi

Ohlone Community college is a educational institution which allows its students to thrive and allows themselves to grow not only academically but personally. Going to community college has allowed me to meet various individuals from all walks of life. Ohlone College has given me the resources and the foundation to succeed at the University level.

Harley

Ohlone is widely populated by the surrounding high schools. There are many extra activities and many fun classes to take in alternative to many of the thought of "mandatory" classes. The counselors seem to have a lot of knowledge of the school and of the students around the school as well.

Josue

This college saved my life. I came here straight out of high school because I got rejected from every college that I applied to. My GPA wasn't too bad, but my actual letter grades were pretty terrible. I came here looking for a second chance and that's exactly what I got. The professors were incredibly helpful and ensured that their students got everything that we needed, the counseling center made sure that I was on schedule to transfer, and I was able to secure an internship through the school. Overall, this school saved me. I'm transferring at the end of this semester thanks to all of the resources Ohlone had.

Amy

Its great. watch out for the few professors that are constantly canceling classes. Theatre and Dance Dept is constantly doing some thing. Its one of the biggest deptements on campus. no campus housing, food down the street, its a no drinking, smoke free zone. campus police are super nice and helpful

Elaha

I loved the entire community from students to faculty. The professors I had taught well and were very understanding and helpful. For example, my sociology professor always offered educational ways to earn extra credit which helped a lot. I remember at the beginning and end of each semester the library would be filled with pastries and coffee just to welcome students and relieve stress which was really thoughtful of the staff. Also, the campus provides free tutoring for math and english which I had definitely taken advantage of.

Ahmer

The school is a great place to start college. Classes aren't too difficult and there are multiple times to choose from for classes.

john

Ohlone College is a amazing community college in the East Bay. There are two campuses located in Fremont and Newark. They have an abundance of resources are conveniently available to assist your education career. The counselors and staffs are wonderful as well who really want you to succeed. I recommend anyone who is a first time attending college to enroll Ohlone College to get a feel.

Vanessa

I really like my school, I’m transferring out this spring and I’m going to miss it. I’ve been an Ohlone student for three years and really the campus is like one big happy family. Everyone’s nice, and if you needed help to get around the campus people will tell you the best shortcuts to take that will spare you time or give you the scenic route if that’s what you’re looking for. The faculty is really helpful too and their work study students get really close with the students as well. The cafeteria is really nice and makes all the food fresh and the cooks are really good with remembering faces something that I was completely shocked about but has a way of giving you those warm and fuzzy feelings. I love being on campus in the spring because all the flowers bloom and when the wind blows you can prepare for a flower shower! There are so many places that you can sit and just relax too. I think the couches in the art building are the comfiest though I am bias because as an Interior Design major I used them often. The games are lively, and the concerts are beautiful. The art gallery has some of the most interesting works I’ve ever seen; and the theater always has something going on. Then there are the clubs…so many clubs, so many new faces and friends to make! I really am going to miss Ohlone College after I transfer.

Valeria

It is a good school. There are many students who are not eager to learn and do not take initiative which sometimes can be a bit of a bummer. The school as a whole is clean, renovated, and safe. The professors that I have interacted with are kind and polite. They are always available to help when I have questions.

Kristine

Ohlone is one of those schools you are proud of saying you go to when you mention you attend a community college. Not only is it's culture diverse and welcoming, but it's constantly renovating campus on top of Mission Hill is one of the most beautiful local colleges in the state. Maybe others have had different experiences than mine, but I've found that the variety of classes they offer, whether that be online or in person, gives you so many options and opportunities to finish all your necessary classes, and even take a few that could actually change your life. While you might end up with a professor now and then who "throws in the towel," I have found that almost every professor I've had has genuinely cared about my grades and my ability to use the skills taught in their class in the future. So when I say I go to a community college, I couldn't be more proud of my choice.

Christine

Ohlone College is a great college when used as a stepping stone. It feels quite empty and dry, and there is little to no student life/club life/exciting atmosphere on campus. Most people attend with the intention of transferring to a different 4-year college. There are actually two campuses for Ohlone College; Fremont and Newark. The Newark campus is amazing, clean, and modern-looking. That campus is mainly designated for math and science courses. The Fremont campus looks quite old, but there are almost always renovations going on. Ohlone College values visual and performing arts, so there is always an array of classes in those areas to choose from. So, Ohlone College is great to take your GED classes at, but not a great place to stay at.