Springfield, MO
Ozarks Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ozarks Technical Community College

Asia

its a good foot in the door for a lot of people though theyre still growing and becoming a more improved college. I feel like in some areas they are lacking but the all together community is amazing. soemone is always there to help you and you can always make new friends and meet classmates. the teachers you can rate as too take proper classes that have a fair amount of good reviews for their teachers and classes.if that makes sense.

Kendra

I wasn't a very good student in high school because I did not have a vision for myself and who I wanted to be or what I wanted to do. If I could give my 15 year old self any advice it would be to find what it is you are passionate about. When a person has vision they are not limited by their past, but thrive in their present. Because they know what they want they don't waste time and they head in their right direction. You'll always end up somewhere, it just seems better to decide where that will be. So, I would tell myself to find out what I love and to do it. Life is too short and too exciting to not experience as much as you can, especially in educational enviornments.

The only thing I wish I would have known is that the main campus in springfield offered so many more extra-curricular activities, whereas the Table Rock/Richwood Valley campuses I have attended do not offer any.

The worst thing about my school is that since it is a 2-year community college, there's not a whole lot of school spirit. It is a great place for a start because it gets you to be used to the college ways, but it doesn't really provide the college experience that young adults should have.

Makayla

It is relatively small, maze-like, the teachers are really helpful and the education is very good.

Most kids that you meet here will be helpful but some do not seem that focused or motivated.

Get ahead on homework and stay ahead to ensure that you do the best that you can. Remember to breathe and relax, don't overstress yourself. Also remember to have fun becuase this is the journey where you find yourself and where you learn the most about yourself. Don't forget that is alright to change your major and not know what you want to do, because you have to time to figure it out. Don't rush into anything and don't be set in your ways. Most importantly though do your best in everything that you do and always be yourself. Form study groups and work with others, because it really does help you in the long run. Make friends and make memories.

Adena

My college is best known for their technical programs.

My college is best known for their technical programs.

I would tell myself that I have a chance in college. You can do this! Do not be afriad to follow your dreams! College will be such an amazing growing experience, that it is at least worth the shot to try.

How friendly everyone is. The staff is extremely kind and helpful, and it is an extremely positive environment.

Helena

Ozarks Techinal Community College is a college where students can learn and interact with one another and have fun with another. Ths community college allows students to check their grades on Blackboard and allows students to connect with their teachers.

If I were to go back in time and go back to high school (as a senior), my advice I would give to myself is that I would tell myself to stay ontop of my work, and don't pocrastinate. I would tell myself to stay ontop of my grades so I won't fail and won't take the classes again. There are too many times where I had did that. I would also tell myself to never loose my papers that would help me on my quizes and tests. I would also tell myself that I should study for my tests for a better grade. This is all what I would tell myself if I could go back as a high school senior.

Ozarks Techinal Community College isn't for students who are aren't up to date with their grades and procrastinate with their homework. Students who have bad attendance and bad attitude shouldn't go to college either.

Shania

My school is best known for many things, including how inexpensive it is. My school has an awesome campus and there are many great features about it. Though we are a smaller school in size, we have quite a few students. OTC is best known for how inexpensive it is because of the fact that it is a community college, but it isn't a bad school by any means.

Anybody looking for a university type environment probably shouldn't attend OTC. It's a great school and provides good education, but there isn't really a student community.

Allison

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to pick a career or degree as soon as possible. I would make sure that the career I choose is going to make me feel satisfied and fulfilled throughout the lifetime of my career. This would ensure that right upon entering college that I would have a sense of purpose and fulfillment throughout my college career. I would tell myself that in deciding on a career money is not the focus or deciding factor in the career; I should choose because money can not buy happiness. I would tell myself to not let anyone else dictate my future, but rather I should choose a career based on my interests and natural gifts.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known what career I wanted for myself.

The type of person that should not attend Ozark Technical Community College is someone who is lacking work ethic and does not have a drive or desire to have a successful career in their future.

Ronald Antonini

My school is a student friendly, community foucused and environmentally caring institution where you will get the most out of it if you as well care for your education and want to be successful in life.

After having spent over two years in college and not yet completed my first Associates degree with already over 70 credit hours, I have and advice that I consider very important for every freshman college student. Find the right advisor that knows plenty about the career path you are planning on pursuing. At the time I began college, I had no idea about what university I wanted to complete my Bachelors degree at. So after discussing with my advisor about this, I decided to go for an Associates of Arts (AA) degree instead of the Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree eventhough I knew I wanted to study engineering, since the AA degree was supposed to be a better option if I wanted to transfer to any 4-year university. It wasn't until I was one and a half years into the AA degree that I realized the courses I needed to have completed to transfer to a 4-year university were the same courses the AAS required, so I switched to the AAS. This switch cost me time and money, which I could have avoided if I would have talked with the right advisor from the beginning.

The cost of my school is very student friendly. lt is among the schools with the lowest tuition rates in the State of Missouri. Besides its low cost, professors in general are friendly and an interaction with them is very plausible, if you are willing to. The classes are fairly small ranging from 15 to 30 students per class. And last, but certainly not least, there are great resources on campus that will help you succeed in college no matter if it is hard or easy for you to do well in school.

Rebekah

I can compare OTC to real life; they are professional and they give you a strong understanding of what you are learning and prepare you for a career.

When talking with a younger version on myself, attending high school, the most important advice I would give is, "BE CONFIDENT". Even though I have only aged two years I feel as though I have learned a lot of life lessons that will follow me through out my entire life. Keeping a relationship with a boy is not as important as you think. Also, I know it is easier said than done, but make it a goal to enjoy life and live in the moment. Do not worry about what decisions you need to make now that will effect you twenty years from now, because in all reality, they won't. You are a good kid and you make responsible decisions already, so have fun and try your best in anything you do. You never know when something will be taken away from you. Most of all, have confidence! Being afraid of something is just motivation, becuase on the other side of fear is something worth living for!

I enjoy the one-on-one relationship I have with my teachers. They are very personable and understanding. I have attended a university and I felt like a number not a student. OTC is the opposite. I really value my education at Ozarks Technical Community College.

Kirsten

My school is best known for continuing education for all age groups (a lot of nontraditional students attend) and many people of diverse financial backgrounds, making a quality education affordable and achievable for all.

One of the most important things I can stress is that college life is what you make it. The amount of effort put in is going to affect the rewards that you get out. Make sure that you prioritize, and set attainable goals from the very start, so that you can fully reap the benefits of your college experience. Don't just think short-term either, look into the future so you can start molding a path that has a strong and desirable beginning, middle, and end. That path might become twisted at times to a point of uncertainty, but never bail out. Find a way to straighten it to get back on track, or find a new path that better suits your needs and wants for life. No matter what, know that it is never to late to start or change your plan of action.

I wish I would have taken the time to learn more about the clubs and extra curricular activities offered, and how to get more involved. I also wish I had known how to start up my own organization, so that I could have gotten a base of students together that had similar interests as myself.

Ozarks Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.