Springfield, MO
Ozarks Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ozarks Technical Community College

Shania

My school is best known for many things, including how inexpensive it is. My school has an awesome campus and there are many great features about it. Though we are a smaller school in size, we have quite a few students. OTC is best known for how inexpensive it is because of the fact that it is a community college, but it isn't a bad school by any means.

Anybody looking for a university type environment probably shouldn't attend OTC. It's a great school and provides good education, but there isn't really a student community.

Allison

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to pick a career or degree as soon as possible. I would make sure that the career I choose is going to make me feel satisfied and fulfilled throughout the lifetime of my career. This would ensure that right upon entering college that I would have a sense of purpose and fulfillment throughout my college career. I would tell myself that in deciding on a career money is not the focus or deciding factor in the career; I should choose because money can not buy happiness. I would tell myself to not let anyone else dictate my future, but rather I should choose a career based on my interests and natural gifts.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known what career I wanted for myself.

The type of person that should not attend Ozark Technical Community College is someone who is lacking work ethic and does not have a drive or desire to have a successful career in their future.

Ronald Antonini

My school is a student friendly, community foucused and environmentally caring institution where you will get the most out of it if you as well care for your education and want to be successful in life.

After having spent over two years in college and not yet completed my first Associates degree with already over 70 credit hours, I have and advice that I consider very important for every freshman college student. Find the right advisor that knows plenty about the career path you are planning on pursuing. At the time I began college, I had no idea about what university I wanted to complete my Bachelors degree at. So after discussing with my advisor about this, I decided to go for an Associates of Arts (AA) degree instead of the Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree eventhough I knew I wanted to study engineering, since the AA degree was supposed to be a better option if I wanted to transfer to any 4-year university. It wasn't until I was one and a half years into the AA degree that I realized the courses I needed to have completed to transfer to a 4-year university were the same courses the AAS required, so I switched to the AAS. This switch cost me time and money, which I could have avoided if I would have talked with the right advisor from the beginning.

The cost of my school is very student friendly. lt is among the schools with the lowest tuition rates in the State of Missouri. Besides its low cost, professors in general are friendly and an interaction with them is very plausible, if you are willing to. The classes are fairly small ranging from 15 to 30 students per class. And last, but certainly not least, there are great resources on campus that will help you succeed in college no matter if it is hard or easy for you to do well in school.

Rebekah

I can compare OTC to real life; they are professional and they give you a strong understanding of what you are learning and prepare you for a career.

When talking with a younger version on myself, attending high school, the most important advice I would give is, "BE CONFIDENT". Even though I have only aged two years I feel as though I have learned a lot of life lessons that will follow me through out my entire life. Keeping a relationship with a boy is not as important as you think. Also, I know it is easier said than done, but make it a goal to enjoy life and live in the moment. Do not worry about what decisions you need to make now that will effect you twenty years from now, because in all reality, they won't. You are a good kid and you make responsible decisions already, so have fun and try your best in anything you do. You never know when something will be taken away from you. Most of all, have confidence! Being afraid of something is just motivation, becuase on the other side of fear is something worth living for!

I enjoy the one-on-one relationship I have with my teachers. They are very personable and understanding. I have attended a university and I felt like a number not a student. OTC is the opposite. I really value my education at Ozarks Technical Community College.

Kirsten

My school is best known for continuing education for all age groups (a lot of nontraditional students attend) and many people of diverse financial backgrounds, making a quality education affordable and achievable for all.

One of the most important things I can stress is that college life is what you make it. The amount of effort put in is going to affect the rewards that you get out. Make sure that you prioritize, and set attainable goals from the very start, so that you can fully reap the benefits of your college experience. Don't just think short-term either, look into the future so you can start molding a path that has a strong and desirable beginning, middle, and end. That path might become twisted at times to a point of uncertainty, but never bail out. Find a way to straighten it to get back on track, or find a new path that better suits your needs and wants for life. No matter what, know that it is never to late to start or change your plan of action.

I wish I would have taken the time to learn more about the clubs and extra curricular activities offered, and how to get more involved. I also wish I had known how to start up my own organization, so that I could have gotten a base of students together that had similar interests as myself.

Lara

Go to college right after you gradute high school. Don't worry about trying to work and go to school it's a lot easier than you think. Plus it will make things a lot better in the long run.

The class schedule. I can still work and go to school.

ngoc

My school would have to be big enough that it would provide many different professions and class size would be small enough where students to instructor is adequate.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would have myself research as much school as possible and what different programs the institutions provides. Also apply to any or all of financial aid as you can because every little bit helps.

I would tell my friends that school would give me a better career. The professors wouldhave to be considerate, understanding and very helpful in answering any questions that the students have.

Steven

The classes are very small (20-30 students) and teachers are very available to each student if you want help or have questions and don't want to bring up in class.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would just tell myself to slow down and take the college experience slowly. That was my biggest mistake all those years ago. I would even have suggested to myself to start out at the community college level to save money and become accustomed to the change in pace. College is a marathon not a sprint, focus on school, not the immediate absence of parental supervision. I would also let myself know that there would be plenty of time to socialize and it is ok to not have to be at every social function available. But the main thing would be to use all the accomidations given to the students for free, like the tutoring labs, and disability centers. Stupid people are the ones who don't take advantage of what is available, not the ones who do.

Nothing acedemically. Parking is a drag. But they offer free shuttling.

Andrew

My classmates are very easy to work with and care about the work they are doing in their classes, most are in their teens working through a dual enrollment program or older students getting their education.

Providing a quality technical training background for students who want to get a 2 year degree in studies such as history, psycology, etc., or go into a technical field, such as automotive collision repair, diesel technology, welding, dentistry, or even nursing.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself three main things to always remember: 1. College is going to be totally different from highschool, mainly because of the amount of work and number projects you recieve in classes, and you must study more for tests and quizes because they are alot more difficult (plus the teachers will not cut you any slack). 2. All your course work will have to take precedence over all other things. If that means giving up going to the movies with friends so you can study for one of your classes, then do so. 3. Remember to have fun, not all of college is going to be studying and homework, if you dont give yourself a break then you will just burn-out and that what leads to dropping out. Get out and have fun, with in measure.

If I were to give advice to myself as a high school senior now that I have been in college is; know what you want to achieve and what degree you want to pursue. I feel I have wasted a lot of my precious time in being in school while trying to decide what degree I want. I started off in construction management and switched to firefighting. After finishing these classes I realize I didn?t want to use my body to earning a living the rest of my life. I am now perusing a degree to become a nurse practitioner. I enjoy helping others and am driven by the fact that I will be able to provide my family a comfortable life. I wish I had know as a high school senior that I wanted to be a nurse practitioner. If I did I probably would already be one today.

The worst thing about Ozark Technical Community College is the parking. Usually at the beginning of the semester there isn't enough parking for all the students. Although, it usually thins out by the third week of school.

The best thing about Ozark Technical Community College is that the classes are small and the teachers care about your education. The school provides free tutoring which has really helped me with classes, such as algebra, in which I struggle. The school is also close to my home and it's a short commute to school.

Ozarks Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.