Pierce College-Fort Steilacoom Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pierce College-Fort Steilacoom

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Darien

I found my experience at Pierce to one I am thankful for. I transferred there from a much bigger school, and one of the first things I noticed is how close and interactive everything is, you see art from the students all over, you find plenty of other students in the many spots to meet up, and all the professors are engaging and committed. One small detail that I love is the shape of many of the classrooms, instead the normal rows of seating, the desks are arranged in a horseshoe shape. This allows for everyone to be able to see easier, but more importantly it makes it so everyone is encouraged to engage with the class, not just passively listen, and that feels very symbolic of my time at pierce.

Daisha

My overall opinion of Pierce is that they provide great services. Unfortunately, the tutoring center is not that beneficial to students because the amount of time they give students that do not have an appointment to see a tutor is not enough time to even retain any information. I believe that any student should be able to receive a tutor that matches the class they're taking and spend at least a half an hour. my experience was not great at all because the tutor was not familiar with the subject I was struggling with.

Virgilio-Aaron

I am blessed to be a student attending Pierce College Fort Steilacoom because I believe that throughout my journey to obtain an Associate's Degree in Nursing, I am becoming more of a well-rounded individual because of the easy accessibility of facilities and my professors as well. The healthy environment given off by students and staff alike makes me feel very safe when I am in campus.

Debra

It's is an okay school. It could always be better.

Kristy

Pierce College gave me many opportunities to explore what I really wanted to do and had the right staff to answers the questions I had. The professors cared about their students and connected with the students in their classes. The campus is small but has enough for everyone to do and lots of area around the school to walk and explore.

Pamela Yolanda

Pierce College is a great college. The Campus facilities is outstanding. They give you many opportunities. The Professor are really nice. So if you are deciding which college your going to attend pick Pierce College. They have at least two campus one in Fort Steilacom and at Puyallup.

Saphire

Pierce College is a great school to attend! It has many services to help its students succeed, and also has a laid back feel to it. I have been to other colleges, and would not trade Pierce for them. I would suggest everyone who didn't have a good experience at another school attend Pierce.

Shania

I’ve been wanted to be a raider, not a current student but it looks like a college that i would love to come to. Will being doing great things at this college. Not only will i be focusing on my education, i would love to play basketball for the raiders.

Jalani

The college for the most part has a lot of people here that are willing to help you at anytime (if they know) and if they don't know how to help you they're kind enough to point you in the direction of someone who does and it's just a very welcoming vibe of kindness here.

Vivian

I love everything about Pierce College-Fort Steilacoom. There are a variety of academics offered and the professors are reasonable. All the resources such as military, workshops, job search, advising, finance, etc. are readily accessible. If we need extra help in our subjects, we can go study at the tutoring center or the library. All the staff at Pierce take pride in their work and are ready to help with enthusiasm. The facilities like the bathrooms and gym are always kept clean. I feel extremely safe at the school because it is clean and emergency tools are accessible. Another advantage to the school is that we are located next to Waughop Lake so biology students can walk around it and learn about the nature or just enjoy the nature during our breaks. Normally, community colleges do not have sports teams but we are financially able enough to support athletic sports. There is a variety of food offered in the cafeteria and they are delicious. The cafeteria consists of snack stands, beverages, burgers, etc. Students are able to make their own clubs and share their own ideas. I love that Pierce College- Fort Steilacoom allows us to share our own ideas which brings us students closer together. Students from all over the world come here to learn and pitch in their own knowledge. We are all accepting and understanding of one another.

Vaun

I think Pierce is a great way and start to getting used to the real world. With the schools extreme diversity you never have to worry about fewlning alone. Also, with professors who will push you to really be better in your field it is great for those not really ready for life and want to get a taste of what the world is kind of like.

Daniel

Pierce College exemplifies the meaning of putting students first so they can achieve their academic goals. As of today I have finished my first degree and now pursuing my second! Pierce has friendly staff and a wealth of options for students to succeed.

Mary

Pierce college is a good college to attend, the school has amazing and qualified instructors who are willing to go the extra mile to see that their student excel. For instance, if I needed to speak to my instructor for clarity or further explanation on a topic just taught in class, I have had instructors take the extra steps to see that I actually understand the context and the practical aspect. This is not to say that as a student you won't put that extra effort to studying and alI, however, being able to talk to your instructor one on one is an amazing experience particularly if you are a student that is timid and wants to avoid asking questions in class.

Kjerstan

Pierce College is a great place to start out your post-secondary education. There are a wealth of opportunities available for all types of students; Traditional, Non-traditional, Veterans, Active duty service members, and students with children. There are some amazing faculty here who genuinely care about student success and work hard to help their students achieve their goals.

Nhi

I am an international student who has studied at Pierce College for two years and also works in the Residence Hall of the college. In general, the school is a good place for students, with friendly staffs and modern facilities. In here, I have chances to learn from amazing instructors that I know I could not find in anywhere else. The Residence Hall is also very new and beautiful, with lovely staffs and residents. The building looks bright and cheerful and the staffs provide you with anything you need: from brooms and vacuums to trash bags and crayons and pencils, etc. This is my last quarter here and I am still happy that I chose Pierce College. In another hand, there are some weaknesses that I have to tell you. First of all, Pierce College does not offer many classes in my major compare to other colleges, which always makes me worry about not having a seat for the next quarter (and my major is Pre-Nursing). They also require that all the students must take a course called "College Success", which everyone agrees that it is a waste of time and money. The Residence Hall, although it is very beautiful compare to other dorms I have known, it is not on-campus, so the students still have to take the bus to go to school. It is also unbelievably expensive which is the reason why many residents decide to move out. There is also one weird thing in Pierce: you are not allowed to register for classes right on the first day of registration. New students have to wait few days because old students get the priority to register first. In other words, the longer amount of time you spend here, the quicker you are allowed to register. :(

Juan

The website is very easy to scroll through and it is very easy to enroll in classes. Every time I am in I can literally feel the support system around me. you can tell that everyone is trying to build a better future for themselves and that is something that I value greatly.

Quinn

I have recently been accepted into pierce and I am beyond excited to join the community! The facility’s are nice and everyone is very welcoming. Classes are not big but I find that to be better because I need more one on one time with teachers! Excited to be apart of the pierce family!

Charles

Pierce College is a great community college for many that plans to earn a certificate or a degree to transfer in to a 4 year college. The campus life isn't crazy as many students in high school would expect, but it still has a variety of groups people could interact with, such as the gamers, artist, foreign students and more. Pierce College attracts many foreign exchange students from the East and would be a perfect chance for students that want to learn about certain countries in the Asian continent. I have met many students from Japan and Korea, but there are also students from China. The campus is also filled with instructors that are willing to assist in you your academics as much as possible and will also have conferences to see if the students need any assistance. Every instructor I have talked to, have been willing to stop and answer any questions I have. The cafeteria is also great in my opinion because of the location, since it has a view of a lake next to the campus and the cafeteria itself does serve a variety of food for the students including cafes. The only reason I gave a rating for on-housing campus is that, the school doesn't have any housing on the campus itself and they are more focus toward their international students. Every school has its flaws no matter where you go, but its better to have an optimistic view of the college you attend to help spread the positive outlook on to other students.

Summer

The teacher, staff, and students are nice and the campus is nicely taken care off and has nice views. Although, some of the staff do seem discombobulated in the information they need to give you at times. It is a campus where if your staff member doesn't know everything for you then you don't know everything for you.

Tate

Pretty good community college. Good variety of classes, and decent community, especially with the help of student life. Most professors are ready and willing to help students that need it, are experienced in their expertise, and are at least moderately available. Good food in cafeteria too.

judith

I have been attending Pierce College since 2016. The professors are outstanding and very accessible. The campus is very easy to navigate and there are so many resources for the students. Ive completed every class feeling accomplished and confident in the material I’ve learned. I’d recommend this school to anyone.

Aleeah

For a community college, Pierce really takes extra measures to get involved in your success as a student. From the time I enrolled until graduation, I was always supported by professors, counselors, and advisors. Although it was a commuter campus, there are a lot of events for students to get involved in. We would receive weekly emails regarding events that we could attend including plays, art exhibits, and holiday parties. A lot of these events were provided by student life, which was a group of student leaders who would put together events to engage students. Student life would also put surveys and questioners to make sure student events were aimed towards student’s interests. Another great service that Pierce College offered was the tutoring center and Supplemental Instruction sessions. They had a whole tutoring center where they had specialized tutors for each subject so you could always find the help that you need. Through supplemental Instruction sessions, a tutor would be assigned to specific classes and would sit in on lectures. Then the tutor would lead sessions specific to what the professor lectured on and provided students with additional material to expand their understanding of topics. With all of the classes I had a supplemental instructor for, I always got a 4.0GPA because of the extra help I received. I have been very pleased with the education I have received from Pierce and feel prepared to transfer to nursing school. I was set up for success, encouraged, and lead by great faculty, teachers and advisors who genuinely care about my success. I recommend Pierce College to anyone who is looking to get their AA and is looking to feel supported and cared for by staff.

Pierce College is an excellent school. Pierce College is the type of school for students wishing to focus on their education and not get lost in the "college life" that other schools offer. You will not find partying, open discussions about drug or alcohol use, or Greek life on campus.

Ava

I think it is exeptional for a community college. The student life faculty is very active and involved in making all student feel welcome.

Ariana

I've attended Pierce College as a junior at Steilacoom High School for one year. I'm currently halfway through obtaining my associate's degree. Pierce College as a running start student has been an amazing experience. I'll be able to graduate with both a high school diploma and an associate's degree. The professors are very intelligent and helpful outside of class. The extracurricular options are also varied. I'd definitely recommend attending Pierce College.

Brenda

Pierce College-Fort Steilacoom introduced me to other people who love children. I have enjoyed every course I have taken there. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable and are available for questions, comments, and concerns. I have always felt safe and often see the campus security when I leave for the night. I have had great interactions with people in the offices and receive support whenever I need it.

Esfiri

I think this is a good college to go to. The teachers are nice and explain everything clearly. There are lots of resources like the writing center which is very helpful for essays for classes. The food is good and keeps the student's brains working.

Christian

The school is very nice. There is always someone around to help you. Registration and classes are easily set up. You always have a way to get ahold of someone. They have never left any of my questions unanswered. All my professors have been helpful and are always available. Financial Aid helped me set up everything I needed so that I could sign up for my classes. The advisors were so helpful. They helped my create a plan for my degree that I am pursuing.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!