Pittsburg, KS
Pittsburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pittsburg State University

Neil

My classmates are eager to learn yet many times unwilling to put forth the necessary effort to do so.

The college experience is one that is multi-faceted . The balance of school, social life, and extracurricular activities can prove to be quite intracate. Firstly, school should always be priority. GO TO CLASS! Commiting just small amounts of time for study and homework goes a long way. Try not to concentrate on one activity or group of people. Try to dabble in things that you may not be completely comfortable with initially. Broadening one's scope of different culture and ways of life is something that I feel is absolutely necessary to being a good member of society. Next, study abroad if it is possible for any student. Although it can prove to be costly, the experience and people you meet around the world are most definitely worth it; I know from experience. Lastly, but not least, have fun. Don't be afraid to make friends with lots of people and try to find pleasure in everything you do. Try to find a school that you think will be supportive of who you are and who you would like to be.

I wish that I had a direct career path before I enrolled in this school. If I had the chance, I would most definitely change my major to something involved with science, physics, or engineering.

Joseph

Great technology department, all new computers as of 2008, small classes, great teachers, small town feel, people want to be here with there friends, when summer is over people wanna come back.

Living in the dorms freshman year was a great way to meet people, also greek life is great it helps you feel at home as well as someone there to keep tabs on you with grades and partying.

Elise

My school is full of new people and very active things to do all the time, but also there is time for you to study and go to class.

I feel that if you are financialy capibale of sending your child to a four year college, then send them away. I think that when I decided to go two hours away for school it was a great decision on my part. This is because, I grew up in a small town and I needed to grow up and get out and make something of my life. If you are from a small town go to a smaller college, if your from a big town then you shoud be able to handle a big or small college. Also students need to get involved with fraternities or sorority, clubs and sports, it helps to get to know more people and meet new people. You won't have a very good time if you don't make friends and go out and have fun.

I don't really find anything frustrating at my school.

Sara

Pittsburg State University it unique in that it's the university with the lowest tution and it has a wide variety of ethnicit...

Pittsburg State University it unique in that it's the university with the lowest tution and it has a wide variety of ethnicity.

I would advise parents and students to visit their top college choices. Take the tour the college offers and do some looking around for yourself, ask the students and teachers questions that you have. You will get a more accurate answer if you do. Look at the clubs and social things to do on campus and see which college offers the activities you enjoy doing. You won't be at class, studying, and doing homework all the time and you don't want to be stuck in your dorm room. If you have a question or prefer a style of teaching, ask your teacher! They are great at answering and helping you succeed. The first week of class, make a friend! This way if either of you miss or have questions on the assignments you have a friend to turn to. Always do the extra credit! You may think you won't need it, but it never hurts to have it just in case your plan doesn't work out or the class is harder than you expected. College, for me, is about doing well and getting the education that I paid for to help me succeed in the world!

I don't think there are enough dance classes offered at Pittsburg State. Pittsburg State is offering only 2 or 3 at the moment.

PSU is a friendly, hometown school with a good academic program.

PSU is a friendly, hometown school with a good academic program.

Spend some time at the school. Go to a football game, walk around the campus. I picked the school I am currently attending, based only on the advice of some friends - I had never visited the school before I applied. And while it worked out, it is dangerous to do something like that. Find a school that fits your personality - the size IS important, no matter what one may think going into this experience. Many schools have good lines of communication with families to let them know about upcoming events - that is comforting for parents letting their children go away. Overall, it's important to "fit your style." Look at the location - city, country, mountains, plains. Look at the proximity to your home...sometimes a high school student wants to "get away" only to find out later that s/he is homesick from being 10 hours away from family. Two final bits of advice...don't be afraid to change your major - being 18 does not mean you know what you want to do "when you grow up." It takes a long time to figure that out. And secondly...ENJOY college - don't rush it!

one who wants to work hard and start a career.

Pittsburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.