Rochester Hills, MI
Rochester College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester College

Courtney

I believe my school is best known for its community service.

I believe my school is best known for its community service.

I have learned to be more responsible for my own actions and put the childish things aside. Also, I have learned to be someone to rely on. Rochester College has a lot of disiplinary actions that I truely believe are helpful. The decisions you make affects the school as a whole. Everyone has to get study ours in, in our study lounge or else the dean himself will notify you. They teach that there will always be consequences for irresponsible actions.

The absolute worst thing about my school would be the cafeteria food. We have wonderful academics and help.

The biggest advice I would give to myself would be about learning to live on a budget, your school schedule, and adjusting to living in the dorm. Learning to live on a budget has been one of the biggest adjustments. Before coming to school I needed to take a better look at my own personal expenses and planned out better on how I budgeted my money and how I was going to contiune to have money. Another thing I would tell myself would be to not be afraid to talk to your advisor about your class schedule. For my first two semesters I just let my advisor tell my what classes I needed to take and said ok. And because of that I wound up with a pretty goofy class schedule making it tough to do outside things. And I stretched myself wat to thin. Adjusting to dorm life has been one of the tougher parts of college. It is more of a community style living with people coming in and out of your space. Learning to find quiet time to relax away from it all is what has really helped me survive.

I think the best things about my school is the size and christian atmosphere. It is a small school which means smaller student to teacher ratio. I feel like the teachers know who I am not just a faceless person. Also what makes this school great is the christian enviornment. The school is based on a solid foundation of morals and you can see them demonstrated through out the staff. Which makes for a good learning enviornment.

While the small size is nice when it comes to teacher student ratio it also makes it harder for funding different programs at the school as well as keeping things up to date such as technology and dorm living space. With the small school funding is a problem and it makes it hard to access different resources that might be avaliable otherwise. Also as an athlete here funding becomes a problem when it comes to uniforms and a place to practice.

Wendy

My classmates are enthusiastic, dedicated and eager to learn in this fast-paced environment.

If I were able to travel, back in time and speak with myself as a high school senior concerning the effects of transitioning into college life I would be more worthy of confidence in myself.

The type of person that should not attend Rochester College Center for Extended Learning, is someone not dedicated to his or her career goals. Rochester College (CEL) is an accelerated course study committed to the needs of working adults striving for something better. Although the class sizes are small and geared towards a more personal approach to the educational needs, the fast pace and disciplined curriculum is not for the faint at heart.

Chantel

Don't rush into choosing a college.. Do your research!

Don't rush into choosing a college.. Do your research!

It gets boring, there isnt miuch to do.

There are alot of places to hang out/chill on campus.

Rubbie

I would say first you have to know what it is that your child wants to study and the type of envierment the the student works well in. Then when you have all the worked out, you can start to look at schools that are best fitting for you... Don't pick a school because your friends or your boyfriend or girlfriend is going to. Pick a school beacause it's the right chose for you that will help you better your future. Know what you want to gain out of going to school. Not all students know what they want to student ther first year on school so don't freak out. When picking a school make sure you pick the school for the right reasons. To better yourself . Just always remember what's best for you.

I consider the best thing about this school was the studentd and the friends that i made. Student were so kind and loving and accepting. If i was sad or upset I always had some one there to pick me up and out a smile on my face. I love how actuve evey one was on the campus even students that didn't live on campus we knew very well.

One that is focused and knows what they want out of life. Some one who is about bussiness and not the to just play around and party. And it's great for male basketball players. And if you love to meet new people and make knew friends thens it's great. If you African Amreican who doesnt mind being around people that are cucassion then this is the school for you.. And very active people would love this school

Lydia

My RC classmates are generally analytical and philosophical people that care for the under-privileged in our community. They generally like to learn and are active in church or the Christian community in some way.

When considering the right college for you, it is important to consider more than just one area of interest. For instance, if you are seeking a school that is strongly academically focus, be sure to also check the school's social dynamics. Collegiate success is dependent upon a multitude of factors. A good school recognizes the wholistic needs of individual students who have diverse interests and works toward satisfying those needs. Choosing the school that is right for you means identifying your needs and finding the best school and location that matches those needs. Not only is college an important decision for your career, but it is also important in shaping your personality for years to come. With this in mind, choose a school that will help guide you in all areas of life.

Strongly conservative Christians should not attend this school along with very liberal people who are interested in the party atmosphere at school.

Najeema

Rochester College is a small liberal arts college that provides all the advantages of a larger university in a smaller setting. We are a family more than just a school, because of our small size no one can get lost in the crowds.

When looking for the right college it is important to take into account the size of the campus and the area that it is located in. It also important for students to get in involved in an activity (preferrable after the first semester) . Getting involved helps you to get to know people on campus. I have been in Student Government for two years, and lived on campus all three years of my college carreer. I now have the opportunity of being the President of the Student Body and a Resident Advisor. It is definately important to get involved.

I wish that I would have known more about the school. I only knew wat I read about on the website and by word of mouth from friends.

Jenna

Pick a school based on your own interests and beliefs, not your friends. Think about what you really want to do and what you enjoy, and look at all options. Sometimes their are schools right around the corner that you never know existed...and for me that was the best school.

I have small class sizes and 8-week long semesters, so I finished my degree faster than anyone else. I also have many of the same teachers more than once, so it is nice to get to know them better

It is well-known for it cohesive Christian community.

It is well-known for it cohesive Christian community.

My biggest suggestion about finding the right college is to visit the places that you are considering more than one time. Preview days are very informative, but be sure to visit on a day that is not for prospective students. Often, for preview days, colleges will show their most positive sides. If you visit another time, you will see the college for what it truly is. Another suggestion is to talk to students on campus. Come prepared with any questions that you may have. Sit in on a class, and talk to professors. While recruiters may have some answers, they are there to make things sound good. Experience the place for yourself! As for making the most of your college experience, the biggest suggestion I can give is to GET INVOLVED!! College goes by so fast. I have never had a single regret regarding something that I chose to become involved in, but there are plenty of situations where I chose to not be involved and I wish that I had.

The best thing about Rochester is the professors. They are willing to work with people who for whatever reason are struggling. They don't just pass anybody if they don't work, but if a person is truly trying and having problems, professors will bend over backward to accommodate any learning needs.

Rochester College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.