Notre Dame, IN
Saint Mary's College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Mary's College

Allison

Saint Mary's is a college that challenges its students to be motivated, determined, and passionate about shaping their future and growing as an individual.

If I were given the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior with my current knowledge about college life and the transition, my advice would be this; Don't doubt your ability to surprise yourself. When I began my first semester here at Saint Mary's College I was terrified that I would not be able to keep up with the work load, that I would not make new friends, and that I just wouldn't be as happy as I was in my comfortable highschool environment where I was able to rule the school as a senior. Since my time at Saint Mary's has begun, I have found just the opposite to be true. I have accomodated tremendously to my new acadamic schedule. I even managed the dean's list in my first semester and I found my classes to be wonderfully entertaining. My social life has never been richer. The friendships that I have created here have only made my heart grow. I have found that college allows your true self to shine through, you can be whoever you want to be, you can be who you are.

With the exception of men, considering Saint Mary's is a woman's college, I don't think that anyone should not attend SMC. It is such an amazing and special place. The campus is beautiful each season of the year, the dorms are so convenient the classes are small, so my professors know my name and my learning potential, you are able to grow intellectually, emotionally, spirtiually, and are able to prepare yourself for your future. Saint Mary's is the perfect college for any young woman.

Christina

Saint Mary's is known for sending empowered women out into the professional world. Ranked among the top 100 "Best National Liberal Arts Colleges" in the U.S. News & World Report 2011 College guide, Saint Mary's continues to be a pioneer in the education of women. Based on the core values of learning, community, faith/spirituality and justice, women continue to receive an excellent education while preparing for the challenges and rigors of the professional world. More than 95% of seniors report being satisfied with their Saint Mary's experience, which speaks volumes for the education provided here.

In the few months I have been a student at Saint Mary's, I have gained a better understanding of my abilities, my calling in life, and myself. When I first joined the Saint Mary's community, I instantly felt welcomed and like I was an important part of the larger whole. The all female student demographic in its self is inspirational and empowering on so many levels because I know that my peers are just like me in the aspect that they want to succeed and make a difference in this world. All of my professors have taken the initiative to make sure that I am successful even in the most basic required general education courses; a quality that I think is unique to Saint Mary's and its faculty. Saint Mary's has been valuable to attend for all of the previous reasons and more, but especially because here I feel like I am not just a number, a face in a lecture hall, or even a name. Here, I am a woman who has all the potential to put her talents and education to use in the professional world and beyond. Here, I am Saint Mary's.

Saint Mary's is very focused on helping students succeed. The small class sizes allow professors to give each student personalized one on one attention that nurtures a very safe and inspiring learning enviornment. Each student is encouraged to explore her talents and abilities to find their calling in life. Each student here has all the recourses she needs to be successful both in college and in life after college, whether that means going onto Graduate school or starting a career. Saint Mary's empowers women to be confident leaders who aspire to change the world.

Robert

Discipline and determination are very key to getting an education today. This is especially true of returning students that may have been in the workforce for several years such as myself. I've missed the look in other students eyes when the "light" finally comes on and the understanding takes place. Learning is eternal. We never stop learning as long as we have the desire to achieve. I spent 5 years in the Armed Forces during war time and I've come to realize that the simplest things are much more gratifying these days than some of the things I relished as a younger man. Reading, writing and communicating my life's goal or philosophies have become a soothing past time for me. When I'm in class and sharing these things with like minded individuals from all walks of life, it makes me feel more a part of the world. I have worked in a dead end field for the past 8 years and I have just started to feel alive again while in school. Rob Coldiron

Donald

Time management and personal responsibility are the two biggest things I have gotten out of my college experience. Initially I attended college strictly to be educated, but through it all I have discovered and developed these two very important aspects of life. Learning how to balance class, homework, sleep, work, exercise, and relationship time is one of the most challenging parts of college. It is life training. Someday I will have to balance time with my spouse, work, building my relationship with my kids, and sleep. College has been valuable to me because it is more than just class, it is training for the real world. In a time where individuals are so quick to sue and push their responsibility on to others, I am glad to discover the trait of personal responsibility. I am thankful that I can see that when I am at fault or incorrect, I deserve the consequences; however, I also know that consequence too often implies the negative. I believe that the consequences of hard work and great effort over time are personal gain and great reward. I am thankful for my college experience so far and look forward to the next two years.

Brianna

In my college experience, I have had the ability to find myself in the real world. I am no longer protected by the walls that grade school provided for me. It is up to me to choose the road I want to take and through my college experience I have found that road and discovered who I want to be. It has been a valuable experience to attend college because it has provided me with the knowledge that will help me excel in my career field. My college experience has also taught me personal responsibility and has truly been a growing experience. I have excelled in my studies thus far and I put my college education above all else because I know the tools I will gain from my education are what will give me a great life. I have made a goal to graduate with honors. I am excited to continue my upcoming years in college and look forward to the many new experiences that will aid my personal growth.

Regina

Women who attend Saint Mary's College are strong, indrpendent women who have a clear vision of how they would like to change the world around us and how they would like to have an impace on future generations.

Saint Mary's College is an all women Liberal Arts college Licated across the street from the University of Notre Dame. It has small class sizes and a wide veriety of majors available for students.

Through my one semester at college I havew learned a lot inside and outside of class. The professors at my college have helped me succeed in all of my classes and they have even helped me choose what geades i would like to teach when i graduate in three and a half years. With out going to college i would not be able to teach the future generations of children and be there to help them on their journey throught their educational expirences at their schools. If I was not in college I have no idea what i would be doing right now or what would happen to me at all. College has been great and i could not imagen life with out it.

Ciara

I have found out that I am ready to become a teacher threw our field placement program. I have been placed in a classroom I adore. I am also in the CAT program which is very amazing. I love tutoring, especially when I know I am making the childrens day. I also am involved in Read to a Child. I think Saint Marys offers alot of different oppotunities within the communitty where students can make a difference. My professors are the best they help and talk to students when they need it. They seem to care about what is going on in our lives.

The worst thing about my school personality, is they do not have a place for students with children to live. They help with finding places, but it would be nice to have a place on campus for us.

The type of person who should not attend this school, is a person who does not really care about the future or the people they are around. Most of the people I come across at Saint Mary's are geniuely sincere and are very passionate about the field they are going in.

Lindsay

I have learned to be a more outgoing and flexible person. Living on my own for a school year was definately a learning experience. I had to depend on myself for certain items and not my parents. I became more independent and mature by attending college. Being at schol has taught me so much that I can't explain. I feel like I am a more well-rounded person from just one year of college. I cannot wait for the next three years of college to see what I will learn.

The best part of Saint Mary's is definately the feeling of living in a community. Everyone is friendly and more than willing to help you out whenever needed. The school always has campus events where we can come together after a long day of classes to relax and just hang out with our friends. Another wonderful part of our school are our classes. The classes are small and the professors know us by name and are always available to help us outside of class time.

Anyone can attend Saint Mary's College. Yes, the classes are challenging, but the professors are more than willing to lend a helping hand. As for ethnicites, Saint Mary's is open to anyone and everyone. I would never change that, it makes you a more diverse person to meet and live with people of races other than your own.

Hilary

I have learned so much about myself, my family, my faith and my friends. Lessons that cannot be described with words, but will never be forgotten. I have learned not only about science, language, math, and religions, but also about people, faith, and culture. Saint Mary's has a wonderful support system, amazing study abroad programs, and talented, intelligent young women. I am only half way through, but I cannot wait to see what the next two years bring.

The study abraod programs. I just spent an amazing year in Rome with a great program.

Frances

I have grown and learned with my classmates and they have truly grown to be my sisters and people I rely most on as we continue to support each other though anything and everything.

I have grown in leadership and confidence while honing my teaching skills. Not only do I feel I will graduate with the best teaching preperation available, I will also graduate with friends for life.

I truly love my college and the college experience I have been fortunate to have thus far so it is difficult for me to decide on the most frustrating thing as there are not many. I wish that I was able to begin taking classes in my major sooner. When I can to Saint Mary's, I knew that I wanted to be a teacher and I wish I could have begun taking classes directed towards this occupational goal my first year.

Saint Mary's College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.