Salem, WV
Salem International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salem International University

Jarvis

I am a none traditional student. So my answers to most questions are based on what I have been told by others. I am here to learn and to advance my life through academic success. However. I have completed a full year here at Salemu. and I feel very satisfied with the help and encouragement I have received from fellow students and the staff of this institution.

Anthony

This school lives for the big game.The food is better than most schools.Students and staff are welcoming and very kind. Salem is a smaller school has a quiet campus for those that like a calm environment.Overall Salem is a great school! Go Tigers!

Amber

Salem is an amazing school. All the staff work together to make sure the students get everything they need to become the best they can be. On campus or online the staff at Salem make you feel as if you are family and do their very best to help ensure that you will graduate and become exactly what you have always dreamed of being.

Aurora

The college is small and the community is very welcoming. The food is better than some campus food I tried while looking for the right university. The only thing about Salem that is a downside is the older residence halls. The bright side is that we continue to grow and improve things every year.

Rosalyn

My school AND the instructors are GREAT!!! They made me feel at ease. I can communicate with my instructors anytime, anywhere. I wouldn't trade Salem International University Online for ANYTHING!!! As long as I log in and complete my work in a timely manner, I'm good to go. It's better than a traditional campus because if have an emergency to deal with, I don't have to worry about being marked absent. I can STILL log on in a timely manner WITHOUT missing a beat.

ALL of my classmates were VERY helpful, being that I was the oldest student in the class(54 years). I been out of school for 30 years until I decided to return in September of 2011. I'm what you would call a "digital immigrant".

What advice would I give myself? Hmmm. Let's see; I would tell myself to be more disciplined and focused. I would advise my earlier self that high school is NOT at all like college. I would tell my earlier self that in order to get the MOST out of college life and education one MUST buckle down and get to work. I would also tell my high school self that she will NEVER make it without furthering her education.

Jeffery

I have learned a lot while attending college, but primarily has provided me with a higher level of maturity and responsibility. I always liked school, but many times did not apply myself as much as I should and could have. When I got to college, I realized it was an entirely different experience than high school. It took quite a bit of adjustment to the change, especially since the school is located very remote from almost anything. This atmosphere is much different from where I grew up in Prince Georges County, Maryland and Martinsburg, West Virginia. I was accustomed to shopping whenever I wanted, playing sports at community centers, and hanging out with friends whenever and wherever. I found the students at Salem University to be a higher caliber students, who truly cared about their grades, their futures, and their lives in general. Being around these type of students and making many good friends taught me the more serious side of life. It helped me realize it was time for me to get serious and focus on my future, which I'm very thankful I have.

Salem University is a good educational institution, as it has great academic programs and multiple sports teams , such as: baseball, swim team, basketball, and softball. It is a small college remotely located, so there are not a lot of distractions or a party town. This allows the student to concentrate on their studies, which leads to a better rate of success. The school has students from other states and countries. This allows for great diversity and learning opportunities for different cultures. I personally enjoy the basketball program.

The type of person who should attend this school is one that would easily be distracted by other outside activities as located in larger college towns. This is true especially if the student has already tried a larger university and found they did experience distractions; leading them toward failure in their academics. The student should adjust easily to remote surroundings. For those students attending Salem University not participating in any of the sports programs or other extra curricular activities, consideration of other hobbies should be given. This school works for serious students, who are truly interested in achieving their goals.

Ntandose

Diversity. It has a lot of international students and you're exposed to different cultures which helps one learn about the rest of the world

I've received a bachelors in criminal justice with honors and am now admitted into law school because of it. I am marketable and can get a job even before i finish my professional degree.

Salem International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.