Skagit Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Skagit Valley College

Katherine

I love this school! Professors are fantastic and the classes are well organized. The registration process is easy and there is always help available with scheduling and financial aid. The advisors are always available and quick to respond to any questions that my arise.

Ebbony

Skagit valley college in overall is a great place to go to school. The people are friendly and there is many opportunities to get involved. Teachers are usually available and are happy to help with any problems. The academics are great, this is a great place to go to school.

Claire

Skagit Valley college is a phenomenal school. I took many online classes, but I still felt like I was apart of the community. The professors do their best to make students feel involved through discussions and group work activities. The professors were also very easy to contact. I emailed back and forth with my instructors asking many questions, and they were not only willing to help out, but the information they gave was very helpful to me. Skagit offers many classes from culinary to music theory to swing dance classes. The selection is so huge, its almost hard to decide!

Ana Carolina

The Mount Vernon campus was nice and its staff was friendly and usually ready to assist us with anything needed. Student housing at Campus View Village was good too and I enjoyed living there during the two years I studied at SVC; it was a safe and fun environment to live in and most residents were respectful towards one another. Overall, I had a great experience at Skagit Valley College.

Katie

I very much enjoyed my time there and would advise anyone considering attending college to take a look at the programs they offer; you're sure to find something that fits you! The class sizes are relatively small and the teachers are very engaged and aim to provide a safe, healthy learning environment.

Jordan

Skagit is a safe college, where learning is priority. Skagit is very convenient for college students who aim to continue their education at the University level because it has many transferable credits and the cost is reasonable. Students who are in the STEM program have multiple rooms available to them for studying, and food is within a walking distance, allowing them to keep up the energy. Often, professors are available even after office hours, they take time to answer questions, and are quick to respond to an email.

I love Skagit Valley College. The professors are extremely nice and are available for help whenever is necessary. I also love the environment and class sizes. The environment is very friendly and is well protected. There are always email updates regarding the safety of the students and staff members at all campuses. The class sizes make it easy to make friends and interact with the other students both inside and outside the classroom. Overall, I enjoy attending Skagit Valley College and being apart of the community, it's shaped me into a more intelligent, outgoing individual.

Angel

I enjoy being at Skagit Valley College, my professors are most likely available but often you need to make an appointment. The class sizes are the same size of a high school class and the teacher is most likely know you by name after a few classes. If you need to talk an advisors or counselors and they aren't available, you can talk with one of your professors or your department head to help schedule your classes. Every class is within walking distance of each other.

Emilee

My overall opinion is that SVC is a great school to start out at, it allowed me to be comfortable with the class sizes. Professors are good with their office hours and the tutor center at the Oak Harbor campus was extremely helpful.

Cayla

It's a nice collage with good professors. More laid back then most, but that's not a bad thing. There are several branches of the campus to nearby areas. This makes it nice if you don't live near the main campus. They also offer some degrees completely online so you can tailor school more to your schedule.

aubrie

My time at Skagit Valley College really set the ground work for my pursuit of education. Professors were very knowledgeable, passionate, and eager to help. The Whidbey Island campus that I attended was well maintained, with great staff. There were many student programs and facilities available. This college was an excellent junior college and starting point for my post-secondary education.

Grace

The school has great support for students and many professors are passionate about their teaching which truly does help encourage the students to further learn and challenge themselves in their education. There is usually always a counselor available to assist.

Skagit Valley College is a great school. It is small enough to where it is not always crowded and there are smaller class sizes, but it is also big enough to meet lots of new people everyday. The teachers are great and are willing to work with you on just about anything. The campus has plenty of parking and has evening classes for those of us who work full-time. I love going to this school, the people, county, and school is great.

Jasmine

It's a nice school for a community college. It's a good size and the people there are nice. They are helpful and it's close to home. Very good college. You can get all the help you need just by asking and you can make friends easily. It's a very diverse community and the school is big but not too big.

Grace

Overall, Skagit Valley College is a decent school. SVC is a community college so we can't compare it to a university, but SVC is similar to a university. We have sports teams, dorms, and activities to keep students involved. To a student, these things are very important for a good learning environment. This is a safe campus with nice staff to help the college process along.