Lakeland, FL
Southeastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeastern University

The rewards of my college experience are endless. First and foremost, college is a test of my perseverence. When things get tough, I always remember how I feel at the end of the semester when I look at my transcript and see my final grades. I feel like I have accomplished something, even if it is one small step toward the big goal- graduation. College has taught me to finish what I start, to keep moving forward! College has taught me to multi-task while still demanding quality work from myself. College has taught me flexibility; things don't always go according to plan. College has made me realize certain skills that I already use on the job, and has taught me how to better execute those tasks. College has showed me that college, in itself, is worth it!

Courtney

Southeastern is a beautiful school that wants to help you grow in your walk with God. They care about your spiritual, social, adademic, mental, and emotional growth. They have many connections to people in the area who look to hire SEU students. They faculty and staff truly love and care for the students. If you want to grow in your walk with God while studying, come to Southeastern!

My college experience has allowed me to discover my identity and what I believe about the world. I have grown in my relationships with people back home as well as the new people that I have met. My professors truly care about me and want to see me succeed in all that I do. I know that I would not be the same person without the nurturing and learning that I have received at this university. I have learned to live on my own, responsibility, how to make good choices, social skills, and how to grow in my walk with God. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I have to attend college because it has changed my life tremendously.

The worst thing about my school is probably that the food in the cafeteria gets old. It's not the same thing every day, but it feels like the same type of thing.

Robert

Well, I have just enrolled at University of Phoenix so i have not had the "experience" yet, but I am definately looking forward to it! I moved to Florida from the Detroit area about 2 years ago. Ever since, I have been fascinated with it's wildlife and ecosystems, especially the oceans. I plan on getting my Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, then possibly furthering that with a degree in Marine Biology. Everyone at Unviversity of Phoenix has been very helpful so far and I can't wait to start my educational journey! Thank you for your time.

Joseph

What i have gotten out of my college experience so far is that it is worth to try your best because in the end the hard work will pay off and i will be what im set out to be. It has been valuable to attend because it is important to learn as much as you can so you can be successful in the future.

Erin

I have not only been getting an absolutely amazing education, I have also been getting spiritual support from my school. I attend a private Christian university called Southeastern University. At this university the teachers not only care about me succeeding academically, but they care about me succeeding in my relationship with God. It is such an amazing opportunity to be able to attend this great university. I would recommend this university to anyone who wants to not only succeed in their future career, but also wants to succeed in their faith!

There aren't many bad things about this school. But I guess the worst thing about the school is the dress code. I wish the school was a little more lenient on the dress code.

I would say anyone who gets the opportunity should attend here. If you are already a Christian, this is a healthy learning environment for you academically as well as spiritually. If you are not a Christian, this is where you should be and hopefully by the end of your four years you have become a Christian.

fedelene

I have gain a lot of experiences while being at Southeastern from the class room to being in Chapel even down to the clubs and activities. The classroom is not just an ordinary classroom; teachers are willing to work with you in class out of class in order to help you become more equip as a future professional in the work force. Chapels help you to draw close to God in a more intimate level, and the clubs and activities gives you an opportunity to have a fellowship with your peers and classmates. Bonding, connecting, and creating relationship that goes beyond our time here at Southeastern. It has been valuable to attend Southeastern University because you?re not only growing academically, but you?re also growing spiritually as well. It?s all about servant leadership and leading and being Christ like to others. Teachers praying before class starts, asking for prayer request because they understand that that life isn?t always full of sunshine and those stormy days can and will happen. Living as community and being there for others is the heart beat of this campus.

Abigail

Southeastern University is best known for its athletic department. Experienced coaches and dedicated players make the program what it is today. They work together with dedication and endurance to do their best in the game.

Compared to the other schools I looked into, Southeastern University stuck out because of its Christ-centered environment and educators excited and dedicated to teaching their students.

Every child has a dream of what they want to be when they grow up. Little girls want to be princesses or mommy's and little boys want to be firefighters or doctors. I had the same dream when I was a little girl. As I grew up, I realized God had a different plan for my life. I was meant to become a special education teacher and dedicate my life to educating children with special needs. It is very valuable for me to gain a college education in order to gain the knowledge and preparation needed to fulfill my purpose. Throughout my first year, college has taught me that life gets messy and that not everything goes just the way you plan it. I may experience bumps along the way, but it is important that I pick myself up and continue on towards the goal. College has also taught me how to go after my dreams. No one else can make me a special education teacher. I have to put everything I have into my education. No once else can do it for me.

Ethan

Southeastern is best known for the overall quality education that its students receive, and for its community christian environment.

Dear High School Self, At your current age, you are quite stupid. I will now educate you with the wisdom that I have attained in the last few years. First of all, I see your grades every day. They are weighted now, and will get you high honors in high school, but many of them count for college credit, and B?s are unacceptable in college. In other words, do yourself a favor and get straight A?s now. The remaining advice is for general living and for making the transition to college easier. Don?t waste time on television or movies. You have better things to do. Also, don?t spend any time on girls until you are at least nineteen. If you do, you?ll be spending it on the wrong ones. Believe it or not, your parents and teachers really do know what?s best, so listen to them. Life without a job will not last, so enjoy it, and the piano and guitar both come naturally to you, so start teaching yourself. Most importantly, choose now to live to please God. It will save you from everything I regret. Sincerely, Your College Self

The rules at southeastern are very strict. There is a fine for just about everything. Also many students are forced there by their parents and are consequently somewhat immature.

Janelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself two things. First, I would tell myself to visit more than one college before choosing which college to attend. Second, I would tell myself to search for more scholarships. When I was a senior in high school, I was determined to go to a particular college, Rollins College. I made the mistake of not visiting other colleges, which I now regret. After my first year at Rollins, I decided to transfer to Southeastern University, where I am very happy. Rollins turned out to not be what I expected in a college, and it became too expensive. My second piece of advice would be to look for more scholarships because though I did apply for some in high school, I did not attempt to receive as many as I should have. I could have earned more money for college, which would have really helped me out now as I am in my third year of college. I regret not spending more time looking for scholarships.

I love that people are so friendly at my school. The faculty and students are both very helpful and kind to others. I like the way people are respected at my school.

A person who likes to drink alcohol and party should not attend this school. There is zero tolerance for it.

Jordan

For the most part, they are hard-working and in school for the right reasons.

For the most part, they are hard-working and in school for the right reasons.

I am a firm believer that the people you hang out with have a direct impact on your character. My first semester freshman year, I made the wrong friends and made poor choices. I hated the college and was planning on transferring the following year. After Christmas break, I returned to the school with a new attitude and decided to take advantage of all the things the school had to offer. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself that you can only expect to succeed at the level that your friends are succeeding. Knowing this, I hopefully would have made better decisions freshman year. I am just thankful that I learned from my mistakes before it was too late, and hopefully new transitioning students will not make the same mistakes I did.

Because I go to a Christian school, there is not always a lot of things to do. Most of the students do not drink, and college students are almost always poor, so we usually cannot afford to go out and do things. They also have a a ridiculous rule of not allowing different genders in the dorm room, which makes it difficult to hang out with a lot od our friends.

Southeastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.