Southeastern University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southeastern University

Bianca

Southeastern University is secondary education facility that promotes growth, community, and passion. I believe that Southeastern is a great place to learn and receive a degree. There are many opportunities to get involved on campus, the student life is engaging and inclusive. There are people from all over the world that attend, and that adds to the flavor of campus life. The professors are understanding, helpful, and willing to be there for their students. They really want to see us succeed. The higher up staff such as the president and vice presidents are very involved with the students and are often seen around campus. Overall, this university is a wonderful place continue your secondary education.

Esai

Southeaster University in Lakeland, Florida is an amazing place to be. The campus is an astonishing place to be, and the atmosphere mixed with the student life as well as the faculty, it's like being at home away from home. Yeah, you're gonna miss your friend's/family if you're from out of state (even if you're from the state), but you're gonna make new friends that turn into more than just your friends. The people you meet at SEU become your new family, the people that you get to meet, the people you get to spend time with, connect to, and just enjoy your time while there. If you're a religious person, this is the place to be. And if you're not oh so religious, then that's not a problem, cause Southeastern University is a place where no one can judge you cause no one is perfect and everyone has their faults.

Duronile

Southeastern is a very exciting and interesting college. If you want to build your spiritual walk with Christ and find more within who you are about yourself, I say Southeastern University it the college for you. With its attractive environment and phenomenal scenery this college outside has a very beauty to the eye. What makes this college number one is that no matter how much you feel like you’re failing with class or life itself the professors really take out the time and hours the need to help you out to get back on tract or where you need to be. We are a ncaa-d2 school but the sports can get as wild as a regular enormous university. Yes this university it’s quit smaller than the average however it fit the needs and criteria of and average, major university college. This college has really help me mature and become more of an adult and know what it’s like to walk and live in life itself.

ashton

I am an SEU student through a ministry partner which means that I take online classes with Southeastern University. I love the program and their classes. This university has been a huge blessing in my life and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to attend a Christian university.

Anna

I really like the Southeastern University. The campus environment is just right; it is a Christian school that expects its students and professors to be responsible loving people but it is also a very relaxed school that makes the students feel like they can be themselves. The academics are very good too; they are not overwhelmingly rigorous but they are rigorous enough to make sure that each student learns what he or she needs to learn. The administration is very flexible and is willing to work with each student's situation to make sure that he or she is able to attend and enjoy attending the school. The professors are very kind and are willing to become friends with the students and not just have an academically-related relationship with them.

Michelle

Southeastern is an amazing campus and I would be happy to go to this school.

Cailyn

Southeastern University is amazing for many reasons, but one attribute that really stands out is its community. The people here at SEU-- staff, students, and faculty-- are all incredibly welcoming and friendly. I know that the relationships I've formed while studying here are those that will last a lifetime. Add to that a beautiful campus and a thriving culture, and you get one of the best schools in the country. Pay us a visit; you won't regret it!

Danielle

I love the college!

Reginae

Southeastern is a really good school, not too big or small. Everyone’s involved in something. They orginazations on campus are extremely fun and friendly. They provide a lot of resources if you need help for free and the food is extremely good. it’s very fun. Go Lions!!

Andrew

I am excited to start my journey at Southeastern University to study Pre-Med and play football. I am also looking forward to having a brotherhood bond with the football team and coaches. I can't wait to meet new people from all over and continue my christian faith at this school

Alana

I love it here! The people are kind and the campus is beautiful. Plus, my professors care about seeing their students succeed and they are all brilliant. Along with having brilliant professors, there are a lot of opportunities to get involved in a school and get hands-on experience. I think my favorite thing is that the whole university is Christ-centered. I love the fact that prayer and devotions can be done at the beginning of class!

Southeastern is home. All of the people, including but not limited to, students, staff, professors, and even visitors have a shared connection to each other and help make everything feel homey. Chartwells provides a wide variety of meals each day and the living areas are suitable. I may be biased but I love every aspect of my Southeastern family.

Veronica

It is a great university and family to be apart of, I feel at home. It is a University that it united in their beliefs and had a strong foundation in the Lord. The people in this school have the ability to not only educate you, but inspire you, motivate you, and push you to keep moving forward no matter what obstacle.

Nevaeh

SEU is an amazing school! Full of God and love for people. Encouragers and uplifters are what this school makes the students.

MacKenzie

Southeaster is a great college! It has a diverse community, multiple degree options, dedicated teachers, amazing opportunities and the Christ centered culture I was looking for. The atmosphere around campus is completely welcoming and warm. They also offer amazing travel opportunities with SEU destinations and traveling abroad. Great School!

Kylee

It is a great school and it is a school that I would recommend to anyone, even as a an online school. I love the professors and their willingness to make learning fun. One of the best things about the school is the people and how is it a positive and uplifting environment.

Maria Destiny

I am currently attending Southeastern University, and I have grown so much mentally, emotionally, and academically within the two years I have been here! I can't wait to see what God will continue to do for me here! The school is centered on you learning more about God, meeting new people and the classroom atmosphere is easily adaptable.

Michelle

Although Southeastern University is a good School, it is not a great School. It is very expensive for the quality they give. They spend the money in the wrong places and usually keep raising tuition every year to accommodate for whatever was out of the budget.

Aaron

Incredible staff and very present for their students. Also their partner sites are good for those that choose to study from a distance.The classes are very dynamic and very enjoyable. The discipleship that happens outside the classes also is noteable.

Edward

Southeastern is a developing campus with a lot of potential. The community is very accepting and diverse. The christian core makes for a fun and safe college experience without the overwhelming pressure of society. Furthermore, the faculty are very connect to their students which allows for growth both academically and socially.

David

Southeastern was a better school 20 years ago than it is now - the administration has little concern for their students other than as a source of money and statistics to make themselves look goo.

FELTON

Iwill be attending slu this fall. I will be looking to have a good semester. I love sports so football season hear i com?

Jade

I loved the campus. There is a calming and peaceful feeling when you set foot. Everyone is extremely friendly! I toured and will be going here. The downtown area reminds me of home. Everything has a personal feel to it and it is definitely a college centered on Christ.

I really enjoy being a student at Southeastern University! The school defiantly has it's pros and cons as would any, but my overall experience has been great! I would recommend Southeastern to any student who whats to pursue and education doing what they love. The culture and community is very diverse yet inviting. There is a place for everyone to get involved.

tiffany

Overall, the education program at Southeastern is great! All of my professors are happy to help and serve the students and are willing to put in what the students put in. The art department is wonderful, many great artists have graduated from here. I have grown and expanded my skills beyond belief from this educational community.

kimberly

the southeastern campus is beyond beautiful, with gorgeous oak trees everywhere you look. On this campus everyone knows everyone even just a little bit. Sports is like a mandatory thing, if your not going than your all alone because everyone is at the game.

Tyra

My opinion of Southeastern University was that it's really great school. I love the energy there, it generally flows. The people are extremely excited and are so happy! The school spirit is perfectly over the top and I love it! It's honestly, the school I've been dreaming of since way back and now this is a dream come true. I can't wait to start this next step in life!!

Molly

The financial aid department is a nightmare to get ahold of. They never respond to emails and when you call you will be on hold forever. They also do not give straight answers about anything. Very unorganized school. But, the professors are pretty great and I am learning a lot. The professors are the only good thing about this school. I plan on transferring next year and completing my degree somewhere else.

luis

excellent university, great coordinators. This university is worried about everything, every student and always trying to help us. They give us so many attention and this is really good. Good rooms for students living on campus, they try to facilitate everything for the students. Good sport teams. All areas are in good condition and well maintained. Southeastern university give us a good comfort.

John

An amazing school that provides quality academics, exceptional fine arts, and amazing athletics that are all faith integrated. The people are really nice and the campus is beautiful. I am looking forward to attending the university in the fall. Go Fire!

Katherine

I am a junior who recently transferred in this fall. After jumping around I finally feel like I have come to acknowledge Southeastern as my home! I really appreciate the Christ centered approach, the beautiful campus, and the always available staff. I am proud to be a FIRE fan!

Shaelyn

I love Southeastern! It is a great school with outstanding teachers. I am so glad that I choose to attend SEU. I am able to get my education and also study the bible. It is a win win situation. The curriculum has helped me to understand different events in the bible and how they are related to my life now. I would recommend SEU to my friends.

Gabriela

I love it and the atmosphere. It is a school that truly cares about its' students. They know that it does not matter what you do but who you are and raises up women and men of God no matter what degree you are going for. It is a school that is really making an impact.

Emmanuel

It was a wonderful school that I was blessed to be a part of. While the school is affiliated with the Assemblies of God, it's very welcoming and even challenging to members of other denominations, forcing you to rethink your opinions of Pentecostals.

Cha'Desia

My overall experience is that it’s great for students to receive an education while, learning more about God. The people are very nice and helpful. I love how the campus houses are clean, have plenty of space, and the roommates are easy to get along with. I say the college is to any person that is friendly, determined for succes, and love to interact with others.

Jordan

It has a beautiful campus and it's a pretty great place. I don't enjoy going to all of the required chapel services. The dorms are nice, but they are cramped. The food isn't bad, but it gets old quickly. The gluten free section has little variety and isn't very good.

Southeastern University is a wonderful school. It has great values, moral and standards that many of the facility and students live by. The students are always encouraging everyone to belong, join a group and be apart of what takes place on campus. I have always felt safe and having a Chick-fil-a on campus makes everyone more comfortable. Life off campus is just as great. There are many small and cute spots to dine, shop and hangout. I would recommend my school to anyone!

Nathaniel

I love Southeastern University. The school has been so much more than an education. My opportunity to wrestle there and live on campus has not only opened many doors in my life, but has allowed me to learn and grow in ways that I never thought that I would. The school cares very much for its students and takes pride in the Christian environment it tries to produce. With the Christ centered classes and chapel services every day of the work week, it helps keep students such as myself grounded in our walk of faith, and in our school work as well. Teachers and faculty are all very helpful and really go the extra mile for everyone! I am proud to call myself a member of the FIRE!

Alicia

I love this college!! The classes are amazing with teachers who are there to push you and teach you. I’ve been to other colleges but this college has been one that I enjoy. I will be graduating from this college in December and I never thought I would make it to this point but I did. It is because the teachers and the staff care for each and everyone of us students, they want us to succeed!

Nichole

The school is small and lacking in regards to resources available for learning depending on your department. Just as any other school, some departments, such as music, nursing, and communications, offer more than other departments such as forensics, engineering, etc. However, though the school doesn't quite compare to others in resources, it is still an overall good school with caring professors and a beautiful campus.

Hayden

I love it! Such a great school & amazing people! The professors genuinely care about their students and make it part of their daily routine to get to know the students & see how they are doing! It’s a very diverse school so you get to meet tons of different people from all over the world. It’s such a great place to experience!

Nevaeh

THE PLACE TO BE! LOVE WHAT THE SCHOOL IS ABOUT AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING FOR THE STUDENTS. GOD IS ALL AROUND THIS SCHOOL, WOULD LOVE TO BE APART OF IT. IF YOU WANT TO BE APART OF A COLLEGE WHERE LOVE IS OVER POPULARITY, THEN COME OVER AND JOIN THIS AMAZING SCHOOL.

naisha

Beautiful campus with very nice professors that are always available and ready to lend an open ear. The class size is particularly small so the teacher would most likely know you by your first name. Student life is amazing everyone wants to get to know one another and are always giving a helping hand. The only downside I believe to be at SEU is that there are no places to walk to, to eat or shop the closets stores are 10 minutes away and its miserable in this Flordia heat. And the only form of transportation we can use has to be either Lyft or Uber because the buses aren't available on weekends.

Lindsey

I love the classes and professors. The environment is very clean and welcoming. It is small enough to give one-on-one help from professors, but big enough for opportunities. The facilities are very nice and the campus is beautiful. There are always events and gathering on campus for a healthy social life.

Daniel

Overall, there's a friendly environment on the campus. There' a lot of cool events that the school plans for students and the overall experience is very enjoyable. I especially love how friendly teachers are and the tutoring opportunities there are.

Summer

Attending Southeastern University is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have grown so much spritually and as a person in such a short span of time it is amazing. All of our sports teams are fantastic; most of them are nationally ranked! Also, our professors are all top notch. Not only are they our professors but also our friends and mentors.

Layna

I loved visiting and I can't wait to attend. This is the perfect college for me and I know I will excel in everything I do there. The campus is beautiful and the people are incredibly friendly and helpful. I have heard nothing but good things from this school. The professors are also very available and make sure to make a connection with every student they encounter.

Noel

The online school is good. I go to an extension site in Oklahoma City, which is fantastic! It took some time to adjust to being away from home but I like it now. The extension site doesn't have a food plan which kind of stinks because I have to get all of my own food but is also good life experience.

Brandon

It's a very good, Christian oriented school. You will learn a lot about God, and it will be life-changing. The school atmosphere has a very home feel to it, you feel very safe. The teachers and counselors put you first, you are the main priority.

Marcus

Southeastern is a fantastic college with plenty of opportunities to further your education. I highly recommend this school to anyone that wants to be a student. The great thing is that there is a big age range. You'll find people right of high school, or students like me that entered college at 20 years old.