Lakeland, FL
Southeastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeastern University

MacKenzie

Southeaster is a great college! It has a diverse community, multiple degree options, dedicated teachers, amazing opportunities and the Christ centered culture I was looking for. The atmosphere around campus is completely welcoming and warm. They also offer amazing travel opportunities with SEU destinations and traveling abroad. Great School!

Anna

I really like the Southeastern University. The campus environment is just right; it is a Christian school that expects its students and professors to be responsible loving people but it is also a very relaxed school that makes the students feel like they can be themselves. The academics are very good too; they are not overwhelmingly rigorous but they are rigorous enough to make sure that each student learns what he or she needs to learn. The administration is very flexible and is willing to work with each student's situation to make sure that he or she is able to attend and enjoy attending the school. The professors are very kind and are willing to become friends with the students and not just have an academically-related relationship with them.

Esai

Southeaster University in Lakeland, Florida is an amazing place to be. The campus is an astonishing place to be, and the atmosphere mixed with the student life as well as the faculty, it's like being at home away from home. Yeah, you're gonna miss your friend's/family if you're from out of state (even if you're from the state), but you're gonna make new friends that turn into more than just your friends. The people you meet at SEU become your new family, the people that you get to meet, the people you get to spend time with, connect to, and just enjoy your time while there. If you're a religious person, this is the place to be. And if you're not oh so religious, then that's not a problem, cause Southeastern University is a place where no one can judge you cause no one is perfect and everyone has their faults.

Cailyn

Southeastern University is amazing for many reasons, but one attribute that really stands out is its community. The people here at SEU-- staff, students, and faculty-- are all incredibly welcoming and friendly. I know that the relationships I've formed while studying here are those that will last a lifetime. Add to that a beautiful campus and a thriving culture, and you get one of the best schools in the country. Pay us a visit; you won't regret it!

Michelle
A lover of Southeastern <3

Southeastern is an amazing campus and I would be happy to go to this school.

A lover of Southeastern <3

Southeastern is an amazing campus and I would be happy to go to this school.

Katelynn

Friendly and always willing to help.

Friendly and always willing to help.

I would tell myself to learn to time manage and learn to take better notes. I would tell myself that without a schedule and appropriate time management it is quite easy to get off track and realize you have run out of time. It is very stressful, but once you learn to manage your time appropriately it is much easier to get your assignments done.

Nothing, everything has been great so far. I love the campus,classes,teachers, and the students. It has been a great experience.

Alicia

What is advice exactly? I believe it's the act of giving information that was otherwise not known. I think one big word of advice I would give to my high school self is to simply LIVE. Life is full of messes, but if you worry about everything going on, you will miss the big picture. In high school, you are always told to live it up now, because you have to grow up after high school. That is not the case. College gives you tons of opportunites to live it up. There is always a way to stay connected and living life is what they want you to do in college. Another word of advice I would give to my high school self is to make friends for a lifetime, not just for a moment. In high school, you make friends in the moment, in college you make friends for a lifetime. I always stay intuned to what God has told me, and as a college student now, I can see those lifetime friendships forming, and it is amazing. Advice is always given, but sometimes not taken. If I knew then, what I know now, it would be better.

One thing I wish I had known is the ability to get connected with other Christians. I was always shy with my Christianity in high school because there weren't very many Christians. Now that I am Southeastern University, I am surrounded by a lot, and I absolutely love it.

The most fustrating thing about Southeastern University is that there is no room. It is a big university, but there is no room to walk in certain places. Everyone is trying to get to a certain place at the same time and it is cramped. Another issue is the parking. There are so many different projects going on all the time, so the avaliabilty of parking is almost non-existent.

Kaitlyn

I would say don't stress so much about applying to a bunch of colleges but take the time to tour and to research schools and then choose your select favorites and apply to those! I only applied to one school because that was the only school I wanted to go to. Senior Year is supposed to be fun so dont stress to much about college because it will all fall into place in the end. Also apply for a lot of scholarships because it is expensive when you look at the numbers but there are thousands and thousands of organizations that want to give you money to get an education; so take full advantage! Don't take out loans unless you have too. Instead look for scholarships to cover those remaing balances. You will thank your future self when you aren't paying back student loans. Remember: you are not only bettering your future by getting an education but you are bettering the future of our generation by getting an education! Also, it is supposed to be fun! So take advantage of this season of your life; study hard, make friends, and create memories!

The worst thing about my school is that we are growing at such a fast pace that we are actually outgrowing our campus. There is not enough housing, parking or classrooms for the expanding size. But we are building more buildings and parking and getting creative with housing by buying apartments near buy to turn into student housing!

The community is fantastic! There is such a sense of unity as you walk around and not only with the students but with all the faculty and staff. The faculty and staff genuinely care for the students and want to know them as individuals. Because of the smaller size, you have a say in the classroom and your teachers know you. It is just really nice to be known as myself and not just a number amoung thousands.

Southeastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.