Southern Union State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southern Union State Community College

Tiffany

The school is good for cheaply getting your core classes out of the way and a safe way to dip your toes in the college life, but not much else. I've made a number of friends that may or may not have made it through my 3 years of schooling and the classes have been bearable.

Janet

SUSCC is not a bad school at all. Many judge the place because a lot of commuters pretty much know each other, but it's actually not a bad thing. I believe my past year and a half at SUSCC in Wadley have been pretty great overall. Classes are good, teachers are nice, and there are many outstanding students attending.

Jordan

Southern Union is a small, convenient community college. Most professors are passionate about the subjects they teach and truly care about students' education and well-being. Some staff are not very helpful or friendly. Academics are great and tuition is low. Overall, Southern Union is a very good college to attend for your Associate's degree.

Antez

I have been a student at Southern Union State CC for only a year but it has been a great experience. The class sizes are small and make learning much easier being able to communicate with the teacher who is always willing to help. I would definitely recommend this college.

Favour

It's a great school with wonderful professors who make the students their priority. The facilities available are quite amazing and really help students achieve their main aim in school. But the location of the student housing is a real big issue because there are just a few stores and restaurants for students to choose from.

haiden

I enjoy Southern union. Its a small community college but everyone seems to do well academically here.

Cameron

For a first time college student this college has been nothing but great to me. The teacher, facilities and staff are all great. I'm glad that i chose this school for my first two years. They have taught me what hard work can do and i will be forever reatful of the people i have met from there

McKenna

Selecting a college takes as much work as graduating high school with a good GPA, accessible credits, and exceptional involvement in the school. I was so overwhelmed with selecting a college my senior year that I didn’t even know if I wanted to go anymore. As time narrowed down, I realized to minimize the stress I should start with a community college to lower my stress, financial set-backs, and the fear of walking into a class of 300 students where I’m just another face in the crowd. For the small town, big hearted, and homely feel I decided that my best option for my circumstances was Southern Union State Community College, right outside the wonderful town of Auburn, Alabama. When I visited the campus for the first time, my classes were easy to find, walk to, and close enough to have time between classes to walk 5 feet to the library. The campus is small enough to walk its perimeter in less than an hour, which minimized the stress of being late or not having time to study between classes. The counselors really work to make sure you are well prepared for the steps/classes you will need to take after your two years at Southern Union, and that alone made leaving Southern Union reassuring that my future started in good hands. Along-side the fantastic administrative staff, the teachers are well equipped in teaching me the necessary material to really understand the class and excel in exams. With the small class atmosphere, I’m not just another face, but a student with a future that the teachers genuinely care about. The small classrooms also make it really easy to make acquaintances, study groups, or life-long friends. The college is only 10 minutes from Auburn, where you can find excellent food, fashionable fashion choices, and the best night-life in town. I wouldn’t want to start my college career anywhere else. I can truly say that Southern Union State Community College has fully prepared me to take on any university of my choice with the right attitude, tools, and education to succeed.

Southern Union State Community College is a wonderful, friendly, academic institute. I hate attended Southern Union for 4 years and have loved every moment of it. The professors are very helpful and caring. The campus is amazing very nice and kept up. The advisors need some work. Overall Southern Union is a great place to attend if you're considering a community college.

Bailey

I love attending SUSCC, I feel very important and safe on campus. I don't live on campus I do drive back and forth, but it's worth it. All of the classes have a good amount of students, not too little, in them. The teachers are pretty much reachable at all times, which is very good.

Jake

I went and toured Southern Union Community College close to a year ago and the college was awesome! I am in High School and I will be attending Southern Union Community College next year because of how safe and clean the college is throughout the whole campus. My overall opinion of Southern Union Community College is that everyone is friendly and welcoming at the campus. The workers, students, cleaning staff, teachers, and everyone I came in to contact with was very friendly. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Dylan

Overall, Southern Union is a great place to start an academic career. Most of the professors are very friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is pleasant. I have only had one professor who I would never recommend to anyone. For a disabled student, such as myself, this school is the best choice.

Adrienne

Southern Union has an amazing dual-enrollment program. I am currently enrolled there and I am thankful for all the classes I get to take while I am still high school. The Opelika campus provides lots of classes for all the students as well. It is a very convenient way to transfer to a bigger university.

Madison

My opinion is that it is a very nice college for people who like a smaller classroom setting. It is not known for sports and Greek groups but there are lots of fun groups to join. Teachers are nice and very open to helping, especially because there is only a handful in each class.

Quinn

A safe and reliable location for a great education. Close to home and affordable. After spending 5 years away from academic i decided to return and was more than happy with all my experiences at Southern Union State Community College. After returning to school, I am beyond excited to continue my education at a larger university.

Zachary

Southern Union has a great campus, all of the teachers are very helpful and genuinely care about your success. All of the class sizes are relatively small which give students the ability to interact and get the necessary help for their course. Great way to start a college experience.

Jasmine

Southern union is a great college, but it is in the middle of no where. Their is no cell phone service or places to eat. It does great professors who do care about you making it. There are many academic based scholarships as well as athletic scholarships. The door rooms need a little work but other than that it’s a great school.

Cornesha

Being more understanding when certain things happen. I lost my financial aid because I was taking a bio class and needed my lab manual the teacher wouldn’t allow me to make copies using someone else’s so she told me I had to with drawl the class because I was waiting for my financial aid to be reimbursed, when I called to make sure I did it the correct way the lady said I did and come to find out I didn’t and it made my GPA drop.