Richlands, VA
Southwest Virginia Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwest Virginia Community College

Dakota

I have not been attending this collage for too long, but so far I really enjoy it. All of the professors I've had have been extremely nice and very helpful. There are campus police that always help me feel safe. They offer an abundance of things to study and have a large library. I would definitely recommend Southwest Virginia Community College to someone looking for a collage to attend.

Daisy

It's a nice college and it looks beautiful on the outside. The inside could use some fixing though. The teachers and students are mostly nice. The classes are small or moderate sized. There is a lot of online classes available which is awesome! The Testing Center for proctored tests/exams is just awkward and most students prefer the Library over it (no longer allowed). The Library has a great view of the mountains, trees, and nature. Wildlife comes on campus a lot which is nice. Some of the teachers pick favorites and are rude to students. Things tend to get mixed up at this college (especially in Financial Aid) and then papers get lost, people get confused, etc. Some of the counselors are awesome and listen to you and sign you up for awesome classes that fit your schedule (Jacob Richardson and Brandon Hensley). Some of the counselors are really snobby and I do not prefer them. I felt lost and like another number or source of income....so I am transferring.

Madeline

Overall, SWCC is a fairly good college. The courses in the engineering program meet Virginia Tech's rigorous transfer standards, and they have been accepted as transfer credits at various other engineering institutions around the country. The location is beautiful but it is a fair drive for most students.

BREANNA
visit

It was a pretty campus and the staff were all very helpful. The current students seemed happy.

visit

Lillian

My classes are all online and I do not know my classmates.

My classes are all online and I do not know my classmates.

First I would probably suggest a different major. Also, I would tell myself to get more involved. Join as many clubs and organizations as possible. Try to make the exective board of the clubs/organizations, it looks really good on a resume. And lastly, don't be shy!

Considering it is only a 2-year community college, probably no one who is for certain of the bachelors degree they want.

Brandy

I am a ambious and healthcare is where I am suppose to be.

I am a ambious and healthcare is where I am suppose to be.

Encouraging and helpful.

I finally know what I want to do with my life. I am 33 years old and when I first graduated high school I did not know. I have pursued different jobs and my advice would be job shadow and pick one field of work. Then, take it as far as you can go in that particular field and believe in yourself.

Robbin

Do not worry if you do not know what you want to do or be in your life. College is going to be the expansion of your awareness of what there is for you in life. College will make you a more well-rounded person and will tap into your creativity. You will discover that classes that were traditionally easy for you may not lead you in the career path you think you may be going. You may find personal interest and satisfaction in an area of learning that you never considered. Do not listen to negative input telling you that you have to decide who or what you want to be before you step foot in college. College is like taking a trip around the world. There is more to life and going to college will help you discover your true self and best interests. Get going!

Brenda

Attend classess daily, be serious about what you are learning and when in doubt about something ask questions and get feedback from instructors, take time every day after classess at home to read a hour over course work and make that A in the class. Giving a little each day, instead of procrastinating will pay off in the long run and you wont have to repeat classess which will save you time in college. Get helped from classmates who are just as serious as you are about getting ready for college and forget the parties, hanging out with friends who will distract your over all goal of getting the grades to put you in your top 10 percentile of your class, apply for as many scholarships as you can to help pay for your college, talk to your guideance counselor and seek at all avenues to further assist you with meeting your goals of your last year of high school. Seek help from your parents and peers and never feel ashamed to ask for help. Work toward your goal and never say never to achieve those grades, you can do it and I have faith in you.

How much I should have paid attention in High School to the basic educational requirements. I had to back up and repeat several classess that I felt were instrumental to the basic course work for college.

Serious minded, focused, and goal driven. I am very serious about my career choice and will do whatever it takes to complete.

Wendy

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to go to a four year university and take the time to study, get your education now and not wait. I would tell myself it is too hard to wait to go to school. To struggle for many years and then decide makes it harder on yourself and your family. Pick the school and career early. Put everything you have into your school and studies so you can accomplish your goals while you are young! Don't let anyone stop you you or tell you anything different. Take as many classes as you can, study hard and graduate with honors! Make something of yourself!

Southwest Virginia Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.