SUNY Broome Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for SUNY Broome Community College

kevin

Love it can’t wait to go back !

Austin

Broome Community College is the best bang for your dollar when it comes to a college education. However, you get what you pay for. Some professors teach exceptionally well whereas some are very bad. The professors also don't always stick to their office hours posted which is very inconvenient especially when crucial questions arise on an assignment and they're not on campus to provide an answer. The on campus resources are sub-par as the library computers are slow on some days. In addition, it's tough to find a truly quiet place to work as people constantly talking in the library doesn't provide an ideal situation for getting work done. The campus also consists of a gym which isn't the best although it has equipment to get the job done if you're into exercising. The sports teams at Broome Community College are very competitive as the institution does offer a wide variety of choices for males and females. Some teams are good, some are very bad. During my experience at SUNY Broome, I've learned that the people who attend this college are to themselves for the most part. It's very hard to find and make new friends as people usually have their own clique and look at you with four eyes when you attempt to make conversation. A positive aspect of the college is that the scenery around Broome Community College. The surroundings is very beautiful, especially during the fall when the numerous different trees in campus and among the hillside turn the hills into colorful waves of vibrant colors which catches the eye and provides a soothing feeling for those in tune with nature. Another exceptional feature of this campus are the tutors. The student tutors are surprisingly very knowledgeable and can help you on a moments notice if you're truly struggling. Altogether, Broome Community does live up to its three star review. Although the college has many sub par aspects to its name, it provides that cheap education that many students are looking for with an education that is qualified to help you advance to the next level.

niree

I feel as if broome is a waste of your time and money. The cafe food sucks and dorms suck. The meals that they serve at the cafe all suck. Your better off living off campus and buying food since you already have to that to begin with. On weekends the cafe isn't even open so the meal plan isn't worth it

I am completing my final semester at Broome Community College where I will be graduating with an Individual Health Science degree. Unfortunately for the past two years I have been denied a spot in the Physical Therapy Assistant program. When I applied to the college three years ago my wife and I spoke to the head of Competitive Admissions and were advised that the PTA program was “competitive,” “but if you keep your grades up you should get into it.” My current GPA is a 3.4 and my overall GPA is a 3.3, I consider these good grades (most A’s & B’s with a few C’s)! After $27,000 worth of student loan debt and an enormous burden on my family finances, I was recently told that with these grades I would never be accepted in a competitive health science program at BCC. I was also told that some students with 4.0 were not accepted into the program because they have 300-400 applicants and only 32 spots! I have many good experiences in the classroom and with my professors. Many are committed to your learning, understanding/supportive of unexpected life events and family responsibilities. My advice…choose this college with caution, especially if trying to get into the competitive health science programs. If you are choosing a non-competitive program, Broome might be a good place for you.

Belinda

I love SUNY Broome. I tried to leave to attend a different college and had such a horrible experience in comparison, I came back for a semester! The professors are always willing to help. Being a mainly commuter campus, there are sometimes difficulties parking, but as long as one plans accordingly, he should be able to make it to class!

Justin

Suny Broome is underrated as an institution. The professors care about their students and will go out of the way to make sure that they are doing ok. As far a education goes it is not hard to get good grades if you really try and do your work. They have just the right amount of resources and are constantly updating their facilities.

Georgia

A small school with incredible opportunities. There are numerous clubs and organizations, different classes and there are even student jobs offered. Many professors are willing to go out of their way to help you in any way, shape or form. The small fifteen to twenty student classes are nice for small classroom discussion and it is a nice way to get to know your peers.

BCC is a great school for those who are fresh out of high school and want to weigh their options before choosing a program to stick with. The cost to attend BCC is reasonable. On the other hand the teachers are genuinely caring and excellent at giving feedback in a timely manner. Everyone on campus seems nice and friendly to each other so there is no intimidating each other. I wish that there could be more options for eating out around campus. Overall BCC is a great place to get a degree as well as it helps you grow as a person.

Marissa

Awesome school to go to. Professors are extremely kind and involved. Any questions you have they answer right away in class and have very reasonable office hours. They never make you feel small for asking a question. Make sure you get a good advisor. The atmosphere is kind and helpful. The food is amazing. I could not be happier.

Linsey

Suny broome is a great financial choice in terms of two year schools! College credits were easily transferrable. I played soccer while I attended Broome and professors were always easy to work with in terms of missing class for a game. I took many Criminal Justice courses which were excellent. The CJ department has the best (in my opinion) professors, they are knowledgeable and eager to work with you.

Benjamin

The faculty at this college make it clear that they are dedicated to the success of the students. Organizations make an effort to make sure there are plenty of activities happening on campus for students to enjoy. One criticism is that the organizational skills of the college can be poor at times.

Angela

Overall, I think that Broome Community College is a great place to excel and has a lot to offer. I am exceptionally pleased with their Dental Hygiene Program and feel as if the instructors are just as happy to be there to help me learn as I am. I could not ask for better professors or better on-campus housing.