Dobson, NC
Surry Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Surry Community College

Lyndsay

Surry Community College is an outstanding college for those who desire to be close to home but still obtain an excellent education. The campus is laid out in a way that allows for students to feel safe and comforted. From a quick visit to the campus, I quickly learned that the professors and academic advisers were always available to students. Unlike many universities, the teachers of Surry Community College are looking for a personal, yet professional, relationship with their students in order for them to have the help that they may need. It is a highly recommendable college that I can't wait to attend in the near future.

Destiny

It is awesome! So glad I made the choice to come here and further my education. The professors and staff are so very helpful with classwork and such. The food is amazing from the grill. I love the atmosphere, it's so friendly. The gym is always open and I very much enjoy using that.

Alyssa

Surry Community College was a good college for me to attend considering it is only 10 minutes away from my house. Like every school, there are certain teachers that don't teach their students well and are hard to get in touch with but there are a select few who are great teachers and will do anything they can to help. I have learned a lot and enjoyed my experience there, however, the counseling and advising is very poor. Many students including myself have been sent in the wrong direction because of the advise from the advisers. Overall my opinion for the college is average. I would only recommend this college to other students if they lived near by,

Nerissa

I love Surry Community College. The staff are excellent. I think that Surry Community College is a great place to start for anyone no matter your path. I am a single mother that decided to go back to school for an associates degree and the online classes are very informational and fit my schedule. Even during the times I was taking 3 or 5 classes, I was still able to manage even though it was a little rough. Considering that I was also trying to work and be a mother.

Jared

Overall it's a good school to start at if you're looking to transfer and the people are always kind. The professors are here to help you and resources are readily available for students, and the library is open late hours so that students can complete projects.

Brianna

It is a great college to start your education. Most teachers are fantastic, and they offer a lot of different classes there. They make it really easy to get your two year degree, and they help transfer smooth and easy. The campus is beautiful and the class sizes are a perfect student to teacher ratio. I would recommend this school to any graduating senior trying to get a good quality education while saving money.

Edgar

Providing crucial pieces for a sound foundation for higher education. Also, they have excelent vocational programs.

I just want you to know you are living, quite possibly, the most important years of your life. You've beat around the bush until you've come to the end of your childhood, and you have little to show for it. Don't waste anymore time. Its running out. You should realy join a band. Buckle down and become an artesian of music. It would be a shame to let your talent go to waste. Explore some careers and discover your interests, don't wait until your first year of college is over. You have to stop procrastinating. Its going to end up biting you in the ass. Believe me, I know.

Anyone who isn't planning on doing something vocational and can afford four years at a university.

Ardy

As an advisement to high school seniors, I would recommend that they make a list of all of the possible careers they want to pursue and decide which one interests them the most. After deciding which career path they want to take, I advise that they talk to a univeristy or college counselor to seek information on the requirements involved to be accepted into that college or univeristy. In doing so, try to apply for scholarships and grants ahead of time to get financial assistance on college tuition, dorms (if applicable), books, and for personal use. In addition to this, get a pre-major guide for the major you are pursuing, and follow it. Try your best at earning an "A" in each course, this will increase your GPA (Grade Point Average) and will give you a better chance at getting into the university you apply into. As a student always be respectful to others, take notes on each class lecture and study them.

Whenever I enrolled at Surry Community College, I wish I could have known about the various scholarships I could have applied to in order for me to get financial help. Additionally, I wish that I had known what classes to take to seek a degree in teaching.

The worst thing about my school is probably the advisors. Advisors are supposed to help students in choosing what classes to take for their degree, certificate, etc. I have not had much help from the advisors provided by the college.

Surry Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.