Graceville, FL
The Baptist College of Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Baptist College of Florida

Grace

In the small town of Graceville, Florida where The Baptist College of Florida resides the town's motto is, "Where the living is easy." Such is true for campus life at The Baptist College of Florida. Some may find this small town life intoxicating, however, it is invaluable to growth. What The Baptist College of Florida offers is a community, not just for fellow students, but also with professors. Whether a student has taken their class or not, each professor on campus knows every attendee at the college. Even the president of the school knows the names of each person he passes. Such community is hard to find at just any college, but it must first start with its leaders who spurn to see their students grow. Each professor desires the best for their students and even after graduation, will inquire about his or her life. I am honored to be a graduate from The Baptist College of Florida.

Skyler

Everyone here is supportive and becomes your family.

Everyone here is supportive and becomes your family.

I would tell me to not change a thing. Go through life, experience it and let God handle all of your worries.

Needs a sports division. This school needs a sport to rally behind.

Ricky

How that they assign u a admissions advisor and they help u through every step along they way. I also like that they work weekends and answer any quetion that you have. I also like that they are kind and courteous and talk to you like you are not just a student like they have been a long time friend.

If i could go back in time when i was a high school senior i would tell myself to go to college and get a degree . I would tell myself its more diffucult to go back when ur an adult compare to just coming out of high school. Going back to school as an adult is a little more difficult cause there is less scholarships for working adults . I have noticed as an adult without a college degree the chance of moving up in a company is impossible. I would tell myself its not easy being an adult you will have to work alot harder for what you want and take the opportunity living at home and going to school would be alot easier than working a full time job and careing for kids.

I would like to know if there are scholarships for older adults that wish to go back to school that work full time.

Kelly

The advice I would give is to always do your homework, no matter how teadious, and to not procrastinate. Also to make friends that you can do homework with or have study groups with. Also concerning dorms do not bring a lot of things but only what you need in order to live in a confined space. Please do not forget to get plenty of sleep at night in order to do well in your classes. If you become homesick be sure to talk to your family and relatives a lot and if at all possible go and visit, but as well as bring a picture of the people that you miss.

The person that shouldn't attend this school is one that is not of a Christian faith. However, if that individual seeks a closer walk with Him then by all means come and attend.

When I tell my friends about the school I bring up the fact that it is a small school with a 400-500 student body, the classes are small, and the scenery and weather are gorgeous out here. We also have a religious aspect to school.

Heather

The classes are small and intimate enough to be comfortable with all students as well as the professors. I appreciate that the location of BCF is conducive to raising a family. I also homeschool one of my children and she is permitted to attend classes with me.

I would counsel myself on the importance and urgency of beginning college upon graduating high school. I would explain the benefits of finding and filling out scholarship applications so as not to exit college with high debt. In addition, while extracurricular activities are important, I would advise myself to keep a balance and, should there be a conflict, choose the side of studying. I would also tell myself to join and/or fight for causes I believe in, volunteer as much as possible, place importance on people rather than things, and to retain my sense of humor! Smile, consentrate on the positives, make wise decisions by thinking before acting, listen to close friends and family when facing the big decisions (such as marriage!), and when a poor decision or choice is made not to dwell but rather learn from the mistake. Lastly, keep everything in moderation, set attainable goals, don't make promises you cannot keep, and follow through on everything you say you will do.

I wish I had known how hot the summers were going to be and how cold the classrooms, as I would have better prepared with jackets and t-shirts. I also wish I had known about the 'clep' program, as I could have been studying in order to minimize the cost of classes that are unnecessary for my degree though are necessary for the well-rounded student.

Melissa

Overly conservative, harshly judgmental, and religiously oppressive.

Overly conservative, harshly judgmental, and religiously oppressive.

You have a brain of your own, so stand on your own two feet and make your life your own by making your own decisions.

Allison

Allison, College is going to be awesome. That guy that JP tells you about - he really means it. Don't hang out with him. You're better than that. Your roommate will become your best friend - don't sweat it. Go to chapel! It always makes the day easier. Take more Gen. Ed. classes at the beginning. That summer job in 2008 - TAKE IT. You won't think you should, but do! The Baptist College of Florida is exactly where God wants you and it is obvious. Take time with everyone you meet and try to learn something from them. We all have stories for a reason. Never forget, Soli Deo Gloria

I always brag about our music department. Though all of our professors are highly qualified, the best seem to gather in the arts. My voice teacher has a one of a kind degree, literally. She is the only one to ever have it! It doesn't get much better than that.

Melissa

Very conservative, very focused on Baptist lifestyle and belief systems, very focused on church ministry and music.

Set multiple alarms to get up in the morning. Don't sleep through or miss classes at the beginning of the semester; you'll regret it by midterms. Don't be afraid to be yourself - acceptance by everyone, including the administration, is highly overrated.

The small classroom environment is good for learning and class interaction. The professors give time for students to speak on the topic at hand.

The Baptist College of Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.