Touro College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Touro College

Great place to learn and grow!

perri

Touro College has a great academic environment. It is a great place to learn and build new friendships. The professors are knowledgeable with a wealth of knowledge to convey to the students. Safety is a number one priority, and the campus is a safe place.

Moriya

I love going to Touro College's Lander College for Women. I never thought I would like going to an all-girls school, but I find the change refreshing. I also love that Jewish life is such a big part of the school and how they teach. I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Eveliz

I am proud to say i am a graduate of Touro College. From the registration process all the way through the graduation process, i have never had to feel alone. The counselors are always willing and ready to help. The professors are amazing and always available when needed.

Chedva

Touro College is an amazing place. They have contacts in many places and since they are truly invested in the success of their students, they are eager to make opportunities for them and are extremely willing to network on their behalf. They do as much as they can to make the environment one that is both conducive to learning as well as one that leaves room for fun and exciting events. They are very accommodating and make it much easier to be a religious Jew in college in the city. They maintain facilities available to all students so that college kids who are already tight on money don't need to spend even more. They really are invested in the student body and do their best to give individualized attention.

very small classes which leads to plenty of attention from professors and ensures that no student is left behind. Students are very friendly, welcoming, and serious about their studies, creating a positive peer pressure environment. Great location In the heart of Manhattan.

YITZCHOK

Great, the student body is up to par and there for you, the staff cares and is willing to give you the extra time, the academic record speaks for it's self. The campus is if not cutting edge at least up to date. Give it your all and you will be very successful there.

Nadine

Touro College has a great group of professors, but everything else is very disappointing. The administration is disorganized, unhelpful, and unqualified, and the Dean there does not make any changes despite many students' formal requests. There is no aid in career services. There are no campus events. All of the tuition money collected from the students does not go back in to the school in any way, shape, or form. The only benefit of Touro College is the dedication and qualifications of their professors.

Daniel

The school is great, it's not overly expencive, the classes are easy to understand. The dorms are fairly priced and the food is really good, although it is on the more expensive side and it's easy to save money by not joining the meal plan. Also, you get Israel credits and there are not a lot of core curriculum classes so it's easy to get 120 credits.

Nikki

Touro college is an excellent choice for an all inclusive college learning experience. The professors are available and willing to help. There is a high academic learning expectations​ especially in the sciences. The location is great with many facilities nearby.

Ruti

It is a very good school focused on academics and social. Highly recommended!

Alexsander

Touro college is a great place if your seeking opportunities, they help u along the way and always gots your back through tough and struggling things like classes or personal issues. Ive never felt supported more by a school until i came to touro.

Sara

It is a great atmosphere with great students, staff, faculties, and professors. Advisors and school faculty are very helpful and are always there if you're having any issues. I feel very safe and get to learn a lot. Although, I wish the school had better and more variety of food.

Julia

Touro College is a great school because there are several campuses which makes taking classes more accessible. The class sizes are small which actually allows the professors to place more focus on their students. However, there aren't many extracurricular activities which would be more enjoyable and active for students.

Eunice

My overall opinion of Touro College is that Touro College is a great college. Touro College is a great college because as soon as you enter the college you feel welcomed. You feel welcomed by all the smiles and greetings you get. I would definitely recommend Touro College.

Zumie

Touro College is the worse college that anyone can attend and I personally am waiting for June so I can get out of it . The staff are unprofessional and really don’t understand anything that is going on in their own building . This school tries it’s very best to take as much money from you and they will do it , trust me .. they don’t care about none of he students futures, they just care about making money for themselves . The academic advisors in the Neptune Ave site are just plain dumb. They are all uneducated 100%, because there was times that me and my fellow peers will have to correct them because they would almost ruin our classes. I was forced to come back an extra semester , because the level of stupidity the counselors have is beyond me . I needed to come back for 1 class and I thought that was just insane ! Now let’s go to the financial aid office , omg the blonde woman with the short hair with the nasty attitude is something else . She thinks she knows what she is doing but she doesn’t know shit . All of a sudden everyone in the school has a balance from last semester because she didn’t know how to do numbers right last semester . I’m supposed to pay extra because you did a mistake ? Unbelievable! She’s so lucky I want to graduate and get out of this hell hole or I would of slapped her across her face. Nowwwwww!!! RACISMM??? Hell yeah this school is so racist and i don’t know how the hell I didn’t see it when I walked in. I tried applying for work study to pay off some of my school debt , and I was declined by everyone I applied to . I speak English fluently and am available the time that they needed me and more . I know a Russian woman that got the job and her English is very hard to understand , and her schedule is all types of messed up. She got it because she’s white , and I’m not white . Everyone working in the office is white & russian . You don’t catch anyone else and if you do it’s 1 or 2 people because they are afraid of being caught about being racist . The school is clean because of the janitor and he is wonderful and very helpful. The security desk people are nice as well, overall this school must get shut down because they are not doing their jobs and just playing the system. Someone really has to come to the school to see what the students are going through. This must change, if you aren’t white you are going to struggle in this school without a doubt ! Please please please get help at this school and change things up !