Monticello, AR
University of Arkansas at Monticello

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas at Monticello

Alexandra

The best college for an incoming freshman is a campus that introduces you to new people and activities yet keeps you focused on your academics too. Not only do you need to work on that balance yourself, you also have to have the right enviroment to help you keep that balance. You don't need a boring campus with no campus life, although it would keep you more focused on your academics, because you would simply be unhappy without a social life. On the other side of the spectrum, you don't need a campus that pulls you away from your academics too much. Even though you may think you have the drive to stay focused, you may be wrong once your opened up to newer social activites and events you've never been apart of before. My point is that you can't just depend on yourself to stay focused. You should choose a college that you can depend on to support you to stay focused yet keep you socially active by meeting new people and getting out there.

The size and how friendly the faculty and students are. The size is the perfect size to make sure you get one on one help from the teachers and your never afraid to ask a classmate a question.

A person who would rather go to a large campus should not attend this college. The campus is still social and fun even though its small, but maybe not as social as someone from a bigger town would like it to be.

Kenyatta

The University of Arkansas at Monticello has the best teachers, with great knowledge of each subject, as well as great academic advisors that are willing to help you in each and every way that they can.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would have told myself to go ahead and go to college after I graduated high school. I graduated in 2006 from Eudora High School, located in Eudora, Arkansas. I now have two boys, the ages of 2 and 3. I am a single parent trying to work, attend college, and manage my family. It is hard trying to accomplish all of these tasks being alone. I would have waited to have kids because I see that it's hard on me. I have to drop my kids off at school and daycare, drive to Monticello, go to my classes, when I finish my classes, I drive back to Eudora to pick my kids up. After I pick the kids up, I have to cook and clean, wash dishes and clothes, feed my family, bath my kids, put them to sleep and while they are sleeping, I do my homework if I'm not to sleepy. I think that attending college would be much easier if I didn't have any kids. It would have been easier to find an apartment on campus and a good school and daycare.

Any kind of person should attend the University of Arkansas at Monticello because the school is full of different cultures and ethnicities, in which they encourage all persons who want to attend to come and enroll in the university.

Cassandra

To parents, encourage your kids as much as possible to always strive for nothing less than the best, but support them even when they don't always do what's considered best (aka straight A's). Even though we don't always show it, us kids rely greatly upon your responses and if you're proud or not. ALso, be sure that your child is really willing to make the full effort to a degree in their choice, because college is not cheap these day and it would be a waste and huge loss of money if they drop out. To students, try your best to choose a major before choosing a school. It is really difficult to find a school that would best suit you, if you don't look at what the school is strong in. ALways tour campuses, because they determine more than you think, and always think ahead about living arrangements. Find what you think will make you most comfortable so that all you need to concentrate on is school. Don't ever give up no matter how hard classes get, because in the end you will be more proud of yourslef than imagined.

Anyone who thinks that college is for partiers that don't have to study. If you're not intersted in learning and persuing a better career, then don't bother enrolling.

Getting started on your first semester is always frusterating. Learning your professors, their likes and dislikes, learning the campus, learning the challenges, and if everything has lived up to your expectations or not. Getting settled in was the hardest part for me but once you get started, everything rolls along pretty nicely.

Dustin

One should find a college that fits their needs like financial , social, academic, degree path, as well as carreer opprutunities after graduation. You should decide if a small class size or a big class size is right for you. You should also decide whether or not you want to go to a school close to your parents house. One must determine to go to a in-state school or an out of state school. It is also important to look into the on-campus living and off-campus living. Make sure to see what the options are for meal plans. One of the best ways to find a college is to visit the schools that you are interested in and get a guided tour. You should also check out a few schools that you are not really interested in because the school might have some interesting aspects that other schools might not offer. Be sure to weigh all of your options carefully and make sure to do your research. Make sure that whatever college you choose is really right for you because changing schools can be very confusing and annoying.

The social gathering facilities are few and far between. There are no places to hang out on campus where you can kill time and talk with people, like recreational halls. The recreational halls that are on campus do not offer much more than watching t.v.

Anybody should attend this school if they want a small class size and a small community type school.

Andrew

My class$mates at UAM are very enthusiastic about school, sports, and other activites around campus.

When someone is trying to find the right college to attend they need to look for one that suites there life style. At UAM we have very small class rooms wich mean that we get tons of one on one with our professors. this also means that the class room is more laid back (not meaning that you can slack) in that you can ask more questions if you dont understand the material. Other colleges have bigger class rooms and you dont have the personal relationship with the professor. this played a huge role in me deciding to go to UAM. you also need to look at if you are an athlete the athletic program. Also you really need to think about if you would be comfortable away from home or be more comfortable closer.

The worst thing about my school would probally be that there are not enough dorm rooms/apartments on campus. They just haven't gatten around to bulding more of them yet.

Emilie

My best advice would be you can't be afraid to choose the wrong college because it is never too late to change schools or pick a different town. You will come to find that the friends you make and the people you meet will make your college experience its best.

The best thing about my school is that the campus and professors of this University are very supportive of students who play sports and attend school full time.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they only offer certain classes during certian semesters.

Casey

I feel you have to choose a college that is right for you based on where you want to be and the type of carreer you choose. If you want to be close to home then your local college would be better for you . Just make sure that they are offering a field you are interested in not just something you can be satisfied with. Make sure you study hard and keep up with your classes and then you can have time for social life later. School can be a wonderful thing if you go in with a positive attitude and stay focused. Skipping classes and not going for extra study sessions can only hurt you in the end. It makes your grades look bad and keeps you from acheiving your goals. You can get involved in sports and activities which can allow for you to travel and experience new things. College is a very rewarding decission to make however, you have got to keep your mind focussed.

I feel they need more night and evening classes for non traditional students. I worked for the first three years of college along with being a mom. It is hard to get time off work in order to go to class. A lot of the students I was attending with that were older had the same problems I had. We worked during the day and went to class in the evening. I have taken all the evening classes avaiable so now I have had to quit work to finish my degree.

I probably brag the most about the fact that I am a wife and a mother of two. Some of the teachers challenging me to do better and pushing for success. My teachers make it more enjoyable and a better learning environment. I feel I learn more and get more from my classes because of the teachers. They make the subjects interesting which helps keep you focused to stay on target. Also, I have a wonderful advisor who is a great help with questions and helping set up my schedule.

Andrea

My classmates are open-minded and like to have class discussions.

My classmates are open-minded and like to have class discussions.

It's in a small town and the community is very very supportive.

Although you may think a specific college is the right place for your child, it's always best to let them choose on their own. Students should try to get involved in as many extracurriculars and clubs on campus. It makes the college life a better experience and much more memorable. Students should always FOCUS on getting their education first. It is okay to party, just not excessively. Time management will be the biggest challenge to face.

Kristen

Offers great opportunities to the students who attend. Graduates are respected and appreciated in the work force.

The future student must be interested, responsible, and motivated to begin this next chapter or journey in their life. Tour many different school and as lots of questions. You want to find the best school that fits your type of major, lifestyle, and learning abilities. Stay focused on your dream!

Someone who is motivated and career focused; knows what they want out of life.

Rebecca

My fellow classmates are very determined to finish school because many have family they need to support.

It is important for the student to find a place that just 'clicks' for them. I believe the student will know when they find the right college for them. They will recognize students with similar interests and values. Once at college, it is important for the student to find a way to meet others socially. Don't be shy! Talk to your classmates and you will find people with similar interests as you that you can meet outside the classroom.

University of Arkansas at Monticello administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.