Fayetteville, AR
University of Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas

Leanne

There are resources and opportunities available for you every step of the way and for whatever you may need.

I wish I would've known how rewarding being in the Honors college would be at the University of Arkansas. I have achieved so much in just one short semester. I have learned alot about myself and my own capabilities by the work that I have put in here at the University.

Catherine

A diverse group of students wanting to further their education in order to better themselves, their families, and their communities.

The size of the university can be intimidating and isolating at times.

Desiree

The University of Arkansas is an amazing school. Their main goal is the success of their students. The professors are great at their jobs and the campus is full of nature.

Anyone can attend this school. The Hospitality program is phenomenal as well as the Nursing program. The diversity of people make it an all around school.

A place where you feel like a salmon swimming upstream, hoping to make it to your goal while dodging bears and other obstacles designed to trip you up.

I would tell my high school self to be prepared. The obstacles in college are many and difficult. Apply for more scholarships, there will always be more expenses ahead and you will need all the help you can get. Also I would tell my high school self to not let college change you. There are so many Greek organizations that can turn a perfectly kind and caring person into a self obsessed person who has little regard for anything beyond appearences. Stick to what you know to be right and treat everyone you will ever meet with nothing but the utmost respect and kindness. The last thing I would like to tell my high school self would be to thank your parents. They do so much for you and you should show them that you are infinitely greatful for everything they do.

I don't think people who are just attending college for the "college experience" should attend. I think only people who are willing to learn should attend this school. That would make more room in classes and allow those who really want to get a good education and plan to graduate.

Sara

It is not impossible, but quite difficult, to master all of the possible areas of study in academia, making the diverse group of classmates you will collaborate with at the University of Arkansas an invaluable resource as you enter a globalized workforce more interconnected than ever before.

A walk through an arboretum, the first contact one makes with the University of Arkansas, is a compelling and elegant gateway for students pursuing their academic queries. The varying minds on this campus, paired with the varying seasons-the falling of leaves, the efflorescent colors, the burgeoning of life and ideas-are dramatic and correlated. This aspect of the University of Arkansas spawns original and natural thought, allowing concepts from the classrooms to forster ones imagination and education to grow beyond the limits of its brick and mortar buildings.

Joyce

The football team UA Fayetteville. Enough said!

There is a diverse population at the school with some becoming great friends and others that don't want to mingle with students different from them.

The classes are very rigorous.

Andrew

You are bright and driven. College will not be too hard for you academically. College will be hard for you in other ways: socially, emotionally, and vocationally, it will be tough. I want you to know first that, if you find yourself hanging around people you don't like, people who drag you down, or people who don't actively make you better, you can leave them and find new people. College is full of not just smart people but also good people, people who will support you and challenge you and be loyal to you. Find them and do the same for them.Second, don't worry too much about what you'll do after college. Have some ideas—have all the ideas you want, the more the better—but instead of trying to figure out exactly how to get yourself exactly where you want, focus on doing the best you can at what you're doing where you are, because people will notice. It will take you places.Last, explore everything. Libraries, cemeteries, the town you're in, your friends' stories. You might never again have this opportunity to make your world a bigger, brighter place.

There is not a standard of ecxellence at the school. More focus is given to sports than academics.

Anyone looking for the best education in Arkansas.

Zachary

A tight-knit group of students and staff that support eachother and work together to facilitate success and hapiness.

My classmates are focused and hardworking in the classroom, and spirited and supportive of the school's athletics.

The most useful resource you will find in college is your classmates. You will not succeed just by showing up to class, taking notes, studing, and doing your homework. You must find time to make friends with the students in your classes so that you can all work together to complete assignments and discuss your area of study, this is how to truly learn. I have learned more in latenight sessions in the engineering building with my lab partners than I have anywhere else. To be successful, break out of your shell and do not be afraid to approach the people you see everyday. Ask for help when you need it, and always be willing to offer help. You can finally grasp the concepts and understand your work when you collaborate with the people surrounding you. The experience of discussing course work and ideas concerning your area of study with people going through the same thing that you are is invaluable. The perspectives that your peers offer will stick with you through the rest of your college career, and help you more than you can imagine.

Elise

The most frustrating thing that I have noticed about my school so far is the excessive expenses such as parking stickers and orientation fees.

High School, to me, seemed to be a never ending stage in my life. During those four years, I became comfortable with my schedule and knew how to skate by in my classes without interacting too much with others. If I could go back in time, I would convince my senior self to make more connections and to ask questions. Speaking to teachers and councilors is a good way to prepare students for college life. I wish I could go back and tell my younger self to ask my councilor about scholarship opportunities and ask my teachers for proper studying techniques. I didn't take advantage of the knowledge that was all around me, because I was only worried about passing my classes. If I had been proactive and made personal connections with the staff I probably could have transitioned more easily into making my own decisions. In college, students can't rely on their parents anymore. Learning how to communicate efficently by myself was a difficult task, and I wish I had broken out of my shell in high school in preparation for the increased independence of college.

The best thing about the University of Arkansas is the faculty and staff's eagerness to aid students and their attempt to answer all student's questions concerning course work and paths of study.

University of Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.