Fayetteville, AR
University of Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas

Anna

I love the University of Arkansas. The professors are approachable and understanding. The campus is gorgeous year-round. The students are kind and helpful and fun.The offices are managed well and are always helpful and patient.

I believe there is a stereotype that UofA students spend most of their time partying at the local bars/pubs nearby the campus. However, most of the students I have come into contact with have expressed their eagerness to do well in school and how hard they work at keeping their grades up. It is a small population that constantly parties instead of taking their classes more seriously.

Students at the University of Arkansas are kind, generous, helpful, and good. Almost everyone seems to be friendly and in good spirits.

The academics at the University of Arkansas are above par, in my opinion. I have learned more at this school than I have at the other colleges I have attended.

Tyler

I think the worst thing about my school is how it handles feedback from students. Poor professors seldom incur any form of discipline, just a lack of rewards. On the flip side, professors who do well require significant amounts of positive feedback to receive any kind of benefits for positive work. Neither of these scenarios results in professors having a motivation to do their job well.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the recurring theme of students' tuition being used to fund additional construction projects. It creates a cycle - they take out a loan and incur debt for new construction, students' tuition goes up. Once the project completes and the debt is repayed, the process starts over, but at no point does tuition go back down. I'm frustrated by the fact that the academic institutions as a whole view students as sources of income instead of individuals seeking to gain knowledge.

First and foremost, I would tell myself to seriously get checked out by a psychiatrist. Medication for Bipolar disorder has helped so much, and having that work against my favor during my senior year really harmed me. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship that added to my stress and kept me from getting sleep I needed, not only before tests, but during day to day activities as well. I would tell myself not to bother taking AP Statistics, and to instead take AP Calculus. Statistics isn't needed in my major plan, and Calculus is difficult for me to grasp. I would tell myself to take ACT preparation exams and really push for a higher score - just a few more points and so many more opportunities would have opened up for me. I would emphasize to myself to really seek help, because then I would be more motivated to take care of myself, and take advantages of the opportunities I did have. I would also tell myself to keep looking for local software development internships - I got one and it was amazing. Basically, I would say that I needed to prioritize myself.

Leanne

There are resources and opportunities available for you every step of the way and for whatever you may need.

I wish I would've known how rewarding being in the Honors college would be at the University of Arkansas. I have achieved so much in just one short semester. I have learned alot about myself and my own capabilities by the work that I have put in here at the University.

Catherine

A diverse group of students wanting to further their education in order to better themselves, their families, and their communities.

The size of the university can be intimidating and isolating at times.

Desiree

The University of Arkansas is an amazing school. Their main goal is the success of their students. The professors are great at their jobs and the campus is full of nature.

Anyone can attend this school. The Hospitality program is phenomenal as well as the Nursing program. The diversity of people make it an all around school.

A place where you feel like a salmon swimming upstream, hoping to make it to your goal while dodging bears and other obstacles designed to trip you up.

I would tell my high school self to be prepared. The obstacles in college are many and difficult. Apply for more scholarships, there will always be more expenses ahead and you will need all the help you can get. Also I would tell my high school self to not let college change you. There are so many Greek organizations that can turn a perfectly kind and caring person into a self obsessed person who has little regard for anything beyond appearences. Stick to what you know to be right and treat everyone you will ever meet with nothing but the utmost respect and kindness. The last thing I would like to tell my high school self would be to thank your parents. They do so much for you and you should show them that you are infinitely greatful for everything they do.

I don't think people who are just attending college for the "college experience" should attend. I think only people who are willing to learn should attend this school. That would make more room in classes and allow those who really want to get a good education and plan to graduate.

Sara

It is not impossible, but quite difficult, to master all of the possible areas of study in academia, making the diverse group of classmates you will collaborate with at the University of Arkansas an invaluable resource as you enter a globalized workforce more interconnected than ever before.

A walk through an arboretum, the first contact one makes with the University of Arkansas, is a compelling and elegant gateway for students pursuing their academic queries. The varying minds on this campus, paired with the varying seasons-the falling of leaves, the efflorescent colors, the burgeoning of life and ideas-are dramatic and correlated. This aspect of the University of Arkansas spawns original and natural thought, allowing concepts from the classrooms to forster ones imagination and education to grow beyond the limits of its brick and mortar buildings.

Joyce

The football team UA Fayetteville. Enough said!

There is a diverse population at the school with some becoming great friends and others that don't want to mingle with students different from them.

The classes are very rigorous.

University of Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.