Fayetteville, AR
University of Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas

Brooke

The University of Arkansas is best known for the opportunities it provides. There are wonderful opportunities for getting involved on campus, as well as on campus jobs. There are also a lot of connections you will get through the University to large companies. These connections will allow you to get ahead of other graduates when on the hunt for a job after college.

If I could go back to my high school senior year, I would tell myself to calm down and breathe. Going from the top of my small high school as valedictorian, to a nervous freshman of a 25,000 student university was such a drastic change. I was stressed about grades and being the perfect student my freshman year of college, that I feel I let a lot of fun times pass me by. If I could go back, I would say, "Brooke, no matter what is crashing down around you, there is ALWAYS a reason to smile. So, do just that. Smile, as much as possible and celebrate every chance you get. You are in college, and as long as you are trying your best, everything will turn out just fine. You do not have to beat yourself up when you make a mistake. This is college, this is the time to not only make mistakes, but to learn from them too. Take this time to learn about yourself. Find a hobby that you can call your own. Enjoy your own company and be independent. Know it is okay to be proud of yourself; and learn to love yourself."

I wish I had known not to be nervous about asking questions. There are thousands of other students in the same boat, so there is no need to be nervous about anything. I know now that if I ever have any questions abou anything, I can just call a phone number in that area, and they are always more than happy to help.

Kathryn

We have quite a few snow days that cause the University to be closed. This can make studying and learning difficult since we can not be in the classroom or on campus.

I would have taken all the courses in my high school that were available as college credit to save money during my undergraduate career. Every single penny of my earnings during high school would have been saved for college. I would apply to every scholarship that I could apply to. I would have enrolled in summer school at my local community college before I attended the University of Arkansas.

The University of Arkansas and the city of Fayetteville offer so many opportunities for students. These opportunities and events range from volunteer jobs, internships, cultural programs, job opportunities, connections to jobs during and after college, theatre and drama productions and shows, art galleries, LBGT awareness, sustainability, encouragement to educate yourself and vote in elections, affordable housing and living expenses such as gas and grocercies and much, much more. I consider myself extremely lucky to be surrounded by all the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas has to offer.

My school is best known for Arkansas Razorbacks, greek life, the business school, the engineering school, and for partying.

Knowing what I know after a year of college experience, I would tell my high school self to save money for college. As a senior I was all about going and doing with my friends and blowing money on bogus items, but now that I know the stress of being in debt trying to pay for school I would go back and advise myself to realize college is expensive and any amount of money helps, saving as much as I could through my senior year of high school could really help me in the future. I would also tell myself to get serious and really get my priorities straight. Yes, freshman year of college is enjoying new freedom, but you are there to get an education. It is important to remember grades benefit you more than constant partying. I wish I could go back to senior year of high school knowing those two things, but like they say; mistakes are lessons learned.

This may be a weird answer, but unambiguous people should not attend this school. The campus is very adamant on party life and students who value parties more than school can easily go downhill.

Amelia

My school is a plethra of culture, art, design, and education opportunities.

My school is a plethra of culture, art, design, and education opportunities.

The most frustrating thing at the University of Arkansas is that the entire campus is on hills!

If I could go back in time and give myself college advice, I would tell myself to start a savings account. I would also tell myself to go to office hours, to communicate with my professors if I had any problems, to take a full course load each semester. I would tell myself to skip the meal plans and get more work experience.

Brandon

If I could go back in time and give my younger self advice about college, I would tell myself that I need to learn how to study. My high school career was pretty lax for the most part-I never really had to put any extra effort into my studies, and because of this I am just now learning how to go over my materials effectively. As it could be imagined, this has had an impact not only on my schoolwork but on my mind as well; I am often worried if I have gone over a class' materials enough or if I truly understand a subject well enough to use what I am learning. Although I have maintained somewhere near a 3.1 GPA for my entire college career up until this point, studying would have bumped up my GPA to a higher point than it is currently sitting at and would have given me more confidence in my abilities to learn the material and apply it. Of all of the messages that I could ever give my younger self, I believe that this message would have the greatest impact on my current situation and standings at the university.

There aren't really a lot of activities or clubs at the school that interest me. There are usually events going on that are hosted by fraternities, sports games and things of the like going on, but none of them really interest me. For those with a nerdier outlook there is a larping group, but it is very disappointing. Unfortunately, there is not much going for the RSOs on campus, and I'm really not sure how one would get in contact with them anyways.

I don't believe there's anything entirely frustrating here.

Macie

My classmates are friendly and outgoing.

My classmates are friendly and outgoing.

The worst thing about my school is all the hills on the campus because it tires me out.

The advice I would give to my past self would be don't slack off. Go to classes, study for test, and do the best you could possibly do.

Dakota

Dear Dakota: It is good to see you Dakota. I'm sure you have a ton of questions, but I don't have much time. My first advice to you is to enjoy your last year of high school and live every moment of it. This last year will be a great conclusion to your high school legacy. I know that you have been stressing about college. Just continue to do what you are doing and know that you will end up where you are supposed to. Now on to what I am sure you are just dying to know about. College is going to a very different experience for you. Going from a town of 4,000 to a college campus of 20,000+ will take some adjusting, but don't worry you will get the hang of it. When you first get on campus try to be as outgoing as possible. I know that that will be tough, but you will meet some great people. Also you know the head football equipment manager you have been e-mailing? Keep e-mailing him, I'm sure something will come of it. Good luck and remember to just be yourself!

The best thing about my school is the campus life. With a total student body of 25,000, there are tons of people that you can be. Being a D1 athletic campus also has some advantages! The fan base here is very loyal, and there are always sporting events to attend with some friends. With such a large student body, you are bound to find people who share the same interests as you. There are many Clubs and Organizations ran by fellow students that cover a vast area of topics and personal interests! So get out there and join today!

There really isn't a kind of person that shouldn't attend the University of Arkansas. No matter what type of person you are, there are activities and places for everybody. If you are the social type, then the greek life is right for you. Do you like to be active? There are many athletic complexes that hold a variety of events! Some people don't like to go out and that's okay. There are many locations on campus that are perfect for you to go and relax at! There's something for everyone at the University of Arkansas!

Cameron

The University of Arkansas is an outstanding school that offers many opporunities for students to earn a degree, while getting involved with the community and student organizations that will help open doors to a successful career.

Someone who is dedicated to achieving academic success and is willing to do what ever it takes to pave their path to a brighter future. Someone who is not afraid to be a leader and who aspires to make themselves a better student and person through the endless opportunities offerred at the University of Arkansas. Someone who enjoys the outdoors and being surrounded by people who have common goals. Lastly, someone who is open to exerieincing different cultures and environments that come with attending this University.

As a high school senior I was unaware of the academic, lifestyle, and environmental changes that came with moving away from home and attending college. The most important advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to create effective studying habbits now and avoid waiting till the last minute to accomplish tasks. In college you are faced with many more distractions than you were in high school and it makes it difficult to want to make the time to do homework or study. By creating these habits now, you will be better prepared to avoid distractions and it will make the transition from high school to college a lot easier. The second advice I would give myself would be to practice on managing my time more efficiently. While in high school you are told what time you have to attend class, eat lunch, and socialize with friends, in college you have to juggle your time to do certain tasks around the time of your classes. If you practice on setting times for yourself to do certain things outside of school, you will be better equipped for managing your life in college.

Catharine

I believe the best aspect of my school is the faculty, especially the advising department. The adjustment from a small community college to a large university was difficult but I had countless people from Student Development Specialists to Learning Coaches guiding and assisting me thorough this trying time. They helped maintain my focus and set my eyes on the finish line. It is apparent that the staff at the University of Arkansas has my success as their number one priority, not only in the classroom, but also in the work field and beyond.

If I had the capabilities to rewind time, I would go back and whisper these words once uttered by my idol, Julia Child, into my high-school self’s young and naïve ears, “find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” I was diagnosed with a learning disability; therefore, one of the many labels now stamped onto my forehead is “math deficiency” due to dyslexia. My dream was to become a Registered Dietitian but the degree requires extensive advanced science courses. I thoroughly convinced myself that I was incapable to achieve this goal, that I would fail. Consequently, I devoted two years to studying Hospitality Administration, a seemingly ideal second choice. Although I graduated, with honors even, this was never something I was “tremendously interested” in, just something that I could do. I held myself back from my dream because of my fear of failure. I have since then transferred and now studying Dietetics. The struggle is real but it will make me appreciate my achievement so much more. I am passionate about nutrition and I would have told my former self to not allow doubt to overtake you - you can accomplish anything you desire.

Be original and do NOT be afraid to stand out! I understand that it seems like everyone around you is wearing Chacos and NorthFace but in thirty years from now, will you really be concerned with what brand you were wearing or what social group you pledged? Absolutely not! Do not forget why you enrolled in college – for an education and a brighter future! These next few years are the deciding factor between a job and a career. Make the most of this time, not only for now, but for the rest of your life!

MaryKate

Athletics, Greek Life, Walton College of Business

Athletics, Greek Life, Walton College of Business

The way the media depicts college life is not how it really is. There is more to college than just wild parties, you actually have to work very hard. Being able to master the balancing act between getting enough sleep, doing well academically, and having a satisfying social life is something you'll have to work on for a while. It will be pretty stressful at first, trying to find your perfect balance of these 3 things, but keep trying and you'll eventually figure out the formula that is best for you. Getting involved on campus DOESN'T make you a nerd. The more you get involved on campus, the more opportunities you open up for yourself, both during college, and for your future. Make friends with people who have different cultural, religious, and other views than you. The more you put yourself out there, the more you will actually enjoy college (it's not all work). You don't have someone making you go to class, but GO. It teaches you responsibility and you'll miss out on a lot if you don't go. Most importantly, make the most of this experience, you only experience it once!

University of Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.