Fayetteville, AR
University of Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas

Andrew

You are bright and driven. College will not be too hard for you academically. College will be hard for you in other ways: socially, emotionally, and vocationally, it will be tough. I want you to know first that, if you find yourself hanging around people you don't like, people who drag you down, or people who don't actively make you better, you can leave them and find new people. College is full of not just smart people but also good people, people who will support you and challenge you and be loyal to you. Find them and do the same for them.Second, don't worry too much about what you'll do after college. Have some ideas—have all the ideas you want, the more the better—but instead of trying to figure out exactly how to get yourself exactly where you want, focus on doing the best you can at what you're doing where you are, because people will notice. It will take you places.Last, explore everything. Libraries, cemeteries, the town you're in, your friends' stories. You might never again have this opportunity to make your world a bigger, brighter place.

There is not a standard of ecxellence at the school. More focus is given to sports than academics.

Anyone looking for the best education in Arkansas.

Zachary

A tight-knit group of students and staff that support eachother and work together to facilitate success and hapiness.

My classmates are focused and hardworking in the classroom, and spirited and supportive of the school's athletics.

The most useful resource you will find in college is your classmates. You will not succeed just by showing up to class, taking notes, studing, and doing your homework. You must find time to make friends with the students in your classes so that you can all work together to complete assignments and discuss your area of study, this is how to truly learn. I have learned more in latenight sessions in the engineering building with my lab partners than I have anywhere else. To be successful, break out of your shell and do not be afraid to approach the people you see everyday. Ask for help when you need it, and always be willing to offer help. You can finally grasp the concepts and understand your work when you collaborate with the people surrounding you. The experience of discussing course work and ideas concerning your area of study with people going through the same thing that you are is invaluable. The perspectives that your peers offer will stick with you through the rest of your college career, and help you more than you can imagine.

Elise

The most frustrating thing that I have noticed about my school so far is the excessive expenses such as parking stickers and orientation fees.

High School, to me, seemed to be a never ending stage in my life. During those four years, I became comfortable with my schedule and knew how to skate by in my classes without interacting too much with others. If I could go back in time, I would convince my senior self to make more connections and to ask questions. Speaking to teachers and councilors is a good way to prepare students for college life. I wish I could go back and tell my younger self to ask my councilor about scholarship opportunities and ask my teachers for proper studying techniques. I didn't take advantage of the knowledge that was all around me, because I was only worried about passing my classes. If I had been proactive and made personal connections with the staff I probably could have transitioned more easily into making my own decisions. In college, students can't rely on their parents anymore. Learning how to communicate efficently by myself was a difficult task, and I wish I had broken out of my shell in high school in preparation for the increased independence of college.

The best thing about the University of Arkansas is the faculty and staff's eagerness to aid students and their attempt to answer all student's questions concerning course work and paths of study.

Brooke

The University of Arkansas is best known for the opportunities it provides. There are wonderful opportunities for getting involved on campus, as well as on campus jobs. There are also a lot of connections you will get through the University to large companies. These connections will allow you to get ahead of other graduates when on the hunt for a job after college.

If I could go back to my high school senior year, I would tell myself to calm down and breathe. Going from the top of my small high school as valedictorian, to a nervous freshman of a 25,000 student university was such a drastic change. I was stressed about grades and being the perfect student my freshman year of college, that I feel I let a lot of fun times pass me by. If I could go back, I would say, "Brooke, no matter what is crashing down around you, there is ALWAYS a reason to smile. So, do just that. Smile, as much as possible and celebrate every chance you get. You are in college, and as long as you are trying your best, everything will turn out just fine. You do not have to beat yourself up when you make a mistake. This is college, this is the time to not only make mistakes, but to learn from them too. Take this time to learn about yourself. Find a hobby that you can call your own. Enjoy your own company and be independent. Know it is okay to be proud of yourself; and learn to love yourself."

I wish I had known not to be nervous about asking questions. There are thousands of other students in the same boat, so there is no need to be nervous about anything. I know now that if I ever have any questions abou anything, I can just call a phone number in that area, and they are always more than happy to help.

Kathryn

We have quite a few snow days that cause the University to be closed. This can make studying and learning difficult since we can not be in the classroom or on campus.

I would have taken all the courses in my high school that were available as college credit to save money during my undergraduate career. Every single penny of my earnings during high school would have been saved for college. I would apply to every scholarship that I could apply to. I would have enrolled in summer school at my local community college before I attended the University of Arkansas.

The University of Arkansas and the city of Fayetteville offer so many opportunities for students. These opportunities and events range from volunteer jobs, internships, cultural programs, job opportunities, connections to jobs during and after college, theatre and drama productions and shows, art galleries, LBGT awareness, sustainability, encouragement to educate yourself and vote in elections, affordable housing and living expenses such as gas and grocercies and much, much more. I consider myself extremely lucky to be surrounded by all the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas has to offer.

My school is best known for Arkansas Razorbacks, greek life, the business school, the engineering school, and for partying.

Knowing what I know after a year of college experience, I would tell my high school self to save money for college. As a senior I was all about going and doing with my friends and blowing money on bogus items, but now that I know the stress of being in debt trying to pay for school I would go back and advise myself to realize college is expensive and any amount of money helps, saving as much as I could through my senior year of high school could really help me in the future. I would also tell myself to get serious and really get my priorities straight. Yes, freshman year of college is enjoying new freedom, but you are there to get an education. It is important to remember grades benefit you more than constant partying. I wish I could go back to senior year of high school knowing those two things, but like they say; mistakes are lessons learned.

This may be a weird answer, but unambiguous people should not attend this school. The campus is very adamant on party life and students who value parties more than school can easily go downhill.

Amelia

My school is a plethra of culture, art, design, and education opportunities.

My school is a plethra of culture, art, design, and education opportunities.

The most frustrating thing at the University of Arkansas is that the entire campus is on hills!

If I could go back in time and give myself college advice, I would tell myself to start a savings account. I would also tell myself to go to office hours, to communicate with my professors if I had any problems, to take a full course load each semester. I would tell myself to skip the meal plans and get more work experience.

Brandon

If I could go back in time and give my younger self advice about college, I would tell myself that I need to learn how to study. My high school career was pretty lax for the most part-I never really had to put any extra effort into my studies, and because of this I am just now learning how to go over my materials effectively. As it could be imagined, this has had an impact not only on my schoolwork but on my mind as well; I am often worried if I have gone over a class' materials enough or if I truly understand a subject well enough to use what I am learning. Although I have maintained somewhere near a 3.1 GPA for my entire college career up until this point, studying would have bumped up my GPA to a higher point than it is currently sitting at and would have given me more confidence in my abilities to learn the material and apply it. Of all of the messages that I could ever give my younger self, I believe that this message would have the greatest impact on my current situation and standings at the university.

There aren't really a lot of activities or clubs at the school that interest me. There are usually events going on that are hosted by fraternities, sports games and things of the like going on, but none of them really interest me. For those with a nerdier outlook there is a larping group, but it is very disappointing. Unfortunately, there is not much going for the RSOs on campus, and I'm really not sure how one would get in contact with them anyways.

I don't believe there's anything entirely frustrating here.

Macie

My classmates are friendly and outgoing.

My classmates are friendly and outgoing.

The worst thing about my school is all the hills on the campus because it tires me out.

The advice I would give to my past self would be don't slack off. Go to classes, study for test, and do the best you could possibly do.

Dakota

Dear Dakota: It is good to see you Dakota. I'm sure you have a ton of questions, but I don't have much time. My first advice to you is to enjoy your last year of high school and live every moment of it. This last year will be a great conclusion to your high school legacy. I know that you have been stressing about college. Just continue to do what you are doing and know that you will end up where you are supposed to. Now on to what I am sure you are just dying to know about. College is going to a very different experience for you. Going from a town of 4,000 to a college campus of 20,000+ will take some adjusting, but don't worry you will get the hang of it. When you first get on campus try to be as outgoing as possible. I know that that will be tough, but you will meet some great people. Also you know the head football equipment manager you have been e-mailing? Keep e-mailing him, I'm sure something will come of it. Good luck and remember to just be yourself!

The best thing about my school is the campus life. With a total student body of 25,000, there are tons of people that you can be. Being a D1 athletic campus also has some advantages! The fan base here is very loyal, and there are always sporting events to attend with some friends. With such a large student body, you are bound to find people who share the same interests as you. There are many Clubs and Organizations ran by fellow students that cover a vast area of topics and personal interests! So get out there and join today!

There really isn't a kind of person that shouldn't attend the University of Arkansas. No matter what type of person you are, there are activities and places for everybody. If you are the social type, then the greek life is right for you. Do you like to be active? There are many athletic complexes that hold a variety of events! Some people don't like to go out and that's okay. There are many locations on campus that are perfect for you to go and relax at! There's something for everyone at the University of Arkansas!

University of Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.