Charleston, WV
University of Charleston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Charleston

Fixed  rate loan

Sterling

The University of Charleston is basically a "melting pot of cultures". It's a mid size campus but the atmosphere is really amazing and tranquil. The students all seem to very friendly. Intriguingly approximately 40% of students present on campus are international students, which shows UC's ability in picking foreign talents. It's through this act that it has become such a melting pot of cultures.

Kylie

The campus is a beautiful campus with views of the state capital and a walking trail along the river. It is a very safe campus. In the 4 years that I was there, I never heard of any crimes that were committed on campus. This is a very small campus which is nice if you want a small class size and have plenty of one-on-one time with your professors.

Allyssa

The University of Charleston is an extremely diverse and eye opening school. As an individual who went to a small school in a small town, I have cherished this opportunity to meet other people from different walks of life. The faculty here ensure that each student reaches their full potential and help us along the way. I am extremely happy to be going here.

Natalie

The University of Charleston is a great school. It’s small, but the campus is beautiful. It is in a relatively safe location. Charleston is a good town in WV- not a huge city, but there are things to do in the area. Most of the staff is extremely helpful and kind. There are students from all of the world that help bring a diverse culture. The facilities are nice. Like any school, the experience is what you make it. It is not a big school, it is a private school with a lot of great academic and sports programs. You will like this school if you like small class sizes and if you like the atmosphere of what Charleston, WV has to offer.

Abigail

When I first visited the University of Charleston it was an intimidating school. I went to a smaller high school and seeing how many rooms each building had was scary. But now that I have spent more time in the school, it now feels like a second home to me. I have never loved a school more than I love being at that school. The student and staff are very nice and I don't feel awkward for asking questions. The food at the school is the best food, and I am not exaggerating about it. The coffee shop in the school makes the best cookies and drinks. Outside of school, you have to drive down the road a bit, but there is fast food restaurants close by. The university is very against any drug or alcohol use on campus, which makes me feel better because I want to go to school to learn not hear about drugs all the time. They are also very against cheating, if your caught cheating you will go up in front of a "court" and they will tell the punishment. I am very pleased the university I go to and I would encourage other to the University of Charleston as well.

Kirsten

The University of Charleston is seriously here to make you a better person. Every school I applied to going into college said how much they cared about me and my education but no one quite expressed it like the University of Charleston. They gave me the opportunity to graduate early by accepting credits that other schools I contacted didn't. Now I skipped the freshman classes that I was already capable of completing and received credit for and am now deep into the nursing program. If you are interesting in nursing- this is the place for you. In your first year within the nursing program you will visit clinical sites. You will perform skills in a lab on a mannequin that you will later perform on a person. Of all the programs I visited, this one set me up for the most success and saved me the most money.

Zaire

The university of Charleston is a very interesting college and when I say interesting I don't mean that in a good way. Charleston is a very small school with about 2,200 kids that go here. The classes are small the dining areas are small and so are the dormitories. This school is pretty much like a big high school. At normal colleges you'll see different faces everyday but not here. Now even thought this school is in the capitol of West Virginia it's very boring with not much to do at all except for going to the mall or seeing a movie. But one of the only perks we have is the views of the hills.

Victoria
University of Charleston

University of Charleston prepared the student for a life of productive work, enlightenment living and community involvement.

Woody

At the University of Charleston, we focus on making learning mean something real, tangible and useful.

the University of Charleston educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living, and community involvement. And the university also offering selected quality programs affording professional preparation in a liberal arts environment. Preparing students to live in an increasingly complex and changing society by helping them develop the knowledge, abilities, and character needed to be lifelong learners.

College is, for most of us, the first time we all truly venture out on our own and begin the work of deciding who we will become. It is a beautiful time of discovery and one that you won’t get to repeat. So if I may, can I ask one thing of you? Your grades are important, and parties are fun, but make sure you take some time for yourself once in a while, away from it all. For me, it has made all the difference. Remember that you’re not in high school anymore and that nobody cares what you were like in high school. It’s ok to take good memories from high school with you to college, but make sure not to get caught up in them. You’re going to want to make all new friends and have all new experiences in college and if you stay too attached to your high school experience, you won’t be open to everything that high school has to offer. And figure out what your mark in college is going to be and figure out with whom you’re going to make it.

Kate

Step back from the world that consumes your thoughts, the ACT score that just needs to be a little higher, the prom dress that needs to be fitted, and the drama. Collect moments as they happen. Put them away for safekeeping so you can pull them out in another time. Let the rare moments of perfection wash over you because life will never be as sweet as it is in these moments. The moments when you laugh with your friends around the lunch table. The moment when you receive your diploma and feel the love and approval pouring down on you from your family and your fellow classmates. This moment of perfection is one to be remembered, it marks the ending of a long journey and the beginning of a new one. The transition to college will not be effortless. It will be hard. Some days, you will be sad. If you are, pull the moments that you have carefully collected out of your pocket and revel in the happiness that they bring you. Know that you can make it through anything, and instead of seeing the sadness in an ending, see the beauty in a new beginning.

When I came to my college, I knew it was expensive, however I did not anticipate the $1,000 tuition increase that would come my way my Sophomore year. I am losing some of my scholarships because they were only for the first year, and now with the additional $1,000 increase, I have to come up with $3500 more than I anticipated. I don't know if the increase would have kept me from calling UC home, but I definitley would have considered the financial burden.

I would say that one of the most frustrating things about my school are the meal plans. As a Freshmen, you have to get 14-19 meals a week. I never eat breakfast, and sometimes not dinner, however I still have to pay. It is frustrating to me because I sometimes feel like I'm wasting money that I could be putting towards books or other things for school.

University of Charleston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.