Charleston, WV
University of Charleston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Charleston

Additional Loan Options

Makayla

Overall, I enjoy attending the University of Charleston. Due to UC being a private college, it is very expensive, which can add extra stress to the college experience. However, the faculty and staff will do anything that they can to help you. I am happy that I chose to attend UC.

Sterling

The University of Charleston is basically a "melting pot of cultures". It's a mid size campus but the atmosphere is really amazing and tranquil. The students all seem to very friendly. Intriguingly approximately 40% of students present on campus are international students, which shows UC's ability in picking foreign talents. It's through this act that it has become such a melting pot of cultures.

Kylie

The campus is a beautiful campus with views of the state capital and a walking trail along the river. It is a very safe campus. In the 4 years that I was there, I never heard of any crimes that were committed on campus. This is a very small campus which is nice if you want a small class size and have plenty of one-on-one time with your professors.

Allyssa

The University of Charleston is an extremely diverse and eye opening school. As an individual who went to a small school in a small town, I have cherished this opportunity to meet other people from different walks of life. The faculty here ensure that each student reaches their full potential and help us along the way. I am extremely happy to be going here.

Natalie

The University of Charleston is a great school. It’s small, but the campus is beautiful. It is in a relatively safe location. Charleston is a good town in WV- not a huge city, but there are things to do in the area. Most of the staff is extremely helpful and kind. There are students from all of the world that help bring a diverse culture. The facilities are nice. Like any school, the experience is what you make it. It is not a big school, it is a private school with a lot of great academic and sports programs. You will like this school if you like small class sizes and if you like the atmosphere of what Charleston, WV has to offer.

Abigail

When I first visited the University of Charleston it was an intimidating school. I went to a smaller high school and seeing how many rooms each building had was scary. But now that I have spent more time in the school, it now feels like a second home to me. I have never loved a school more than I love being at that school. The student and staff are very nice and I don't feel awkward for asking questions. The food at the school is the best food, and I am not exaggerating about it. The coffee shop in the school makes the best cookies and drinks. Outside of school, you have to drive down the road a bit, but there is fast food restaurants close by. The university is very against any drug or alcohol use on campus, which makes me feel better because I want to go to school to learn not hear about drugs all the time. They are also very against cheating, if your caught cheating you will go up in front of a "court" and they will tell the punishment. I am very pleased the university I go to and I would encourage other to the University of Charleston as well.

Kirsten

The University of Charleston is seriously here to make you a better person. Every school I applied to going into college said how much they cared about me and my education but no one quite expressed it like the University of Charleston. They gave me the opportunity to graduate early by accepting credits that other schools I contacted didn't. Now I skipped the freshman classes that I was already capable of completing and received credit for and am now deep into the nursing program. If you are interesting in nursing- this is the place for you. In your first year within the nursing program you will visit clinical sites. You will perform skills in a lab on a mannequin that you will later perform on a person. Of all the programs I visited, this one set me up for the most success and saved me the most money.

Zaire

The university of Charleston is a very interesting college and when I say interesting I don't mean that in a good way. Charleston is a very small school with about 2,200 kids that go here. The classes are small the dining areas are small and so are the dormitories. This school is pretty much like a big high school. At normal colleges you'll see different faces everyday but not here. Now even thought this school is in the capitol of West Virginia it's very boring with not much to do at all except for going to the mall or seeing a movie. But one of the only perks we have is the views of the hills.

Victoria
University of Charleston

University of Charleston prepared the student for a life of productive work, enlightenment living and community involvement.

Woody

At the University of Charleston, we focus on making learning mean something real, tangible and useful.

the University of Charleston educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living, and community involvement. And the university also offering selected quality programs affording professional preparation in a liberal arts environment. Preparing students to live in an increasingly complex and changing society by helping them develop the knowledge, abilities, and character needed to be lifelong learners.

College is, for most of us, the first time we all truly venture out on our own and begin the work of deciding who we will become. It is a beautiful time of discovery and one that you won’t get to repeat. So if I may, can I ask one thing of you? Your grades are important, and parties are fun, but make sure you take some time for yourself once in a while, away from it all. For me, it has made all the difference. Remember that you’re not in high school anymore and that nobody cares what you were like in high school. It’s ok to take good memories from high school with you to college, but make sure not to get caught up in them. You’re going to want to make all new friends and have all new experiences in college and if you stay too attached to your high school experience, you won’t be open to everything that high school has to offer. And figure out what your mark in college is going to be and figure out with whom you’re going to make it.

University of Charleston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.