Titusville, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

Rebecca

The university allows for a close knit community to those who seek it, being involved makes many opportunities available. Overall the campus has many qualities to offer. Although there are a few drawbacks overall I am happy with my decision to attend the University, I have made many memories, acceded in my courses and met amazing people. Looking forward to what the future holds for me and as well as the incoming and returning students to the campus.

Edwin

I like University of Pittsburgh at Titusville. Its a small campus so every class is close. Everyone is friendly and is very diverse! The Prof. are extremely helpful and nice. The education here is excellent. Also a ton of clubs of all kinds the students can join. Along with the activities! I would recommend this college students that are starting out.

Katelyn

Knowing what I know now, I would change a few things about myself in high school. There isn't many that I would change, but one is I would tell myself to take all the science classes I could. I went to Vo-Tech for cosmetology, so I didn't take some classes that would help me in the nursing program. I would've told myself to slow down and have fun as a kid. I worked six days a week from my junior year until now. I was working at a hair salon, but quit to focus on school. I don't regret that decision at all because I'll like my paychecks better as a nurse. I starting school in the spring term instead of the fall term. I was scared to fail and thought I wanted to be a hairstylist at the time. My boss also gave me a raise to stay and not go to school. Looking back now, I would tell myself that I could have made it just fine. I can do anything that I put my heart into. I would also tell myself that college is very hard, but is worth my time.

I consider the nursing program the best thing about my school. One reason is, because I'm in it. It is tough, but I'm learning so much. My teachers are very knowledgable. Many people in the health profession told me that this was a good school. If you make it through this program, then you can pass your boards. Many students from other schools have a hard time passing their boards. I came to my school to get the best education to s prepare me for my profession. I couldn't ask anything more of my professors.

I am always bragging about my school. I tell my friends that the nursing program is very tough, but I'm passing! I tell them that the professors are all nice and very helpful. Also, my school is close to my home. I was scared to come to college, but I'm so happy I did.

Rodney

Knowing what I know about college now I would tell my senior high school self to apply to more scholarships because college will be day you know the true value of dollar. Another I would tell my past self is to take college serious. The classes are no joke and the professor will not hesitate to fail you and tell you not to come back to class. The last advice I have is to start taking your high school classes serious because even the classes you believe are pointless have some value too them.

The University of Pittsburgh at titusville is small so interactions with professors is more personal than a bigger University. Also since the school is in a small town there are no distractraction from your school work.

If I could go back to being a Senior in high school I would tell myself to start saving money now! I would also tell myself that even though something may be difficult if you push through the circumstances you will make it through.

Burke

College can have some of the same features as highschool, yet at the same time very different. There are more responsibilities as well as requires a lot more self motivation. In college, mom isn't waking you up, packing your lunch, and getting you to school on time. You have to know where you are goin and when and how to get there. College life requires accountability. If you miss class, it is up to you contact your teacher and get yourself caught up. College life has been portrayed to be a big party and it's not. Along with self motivation and accountability, you have to be well organized and always on tract. Schedules vary, things get confusing, but always keep it in the back of your head that this will all be worth it one of these days. I know it seems like you will be in school for the rest of your life after 4 years of high school. But, I can personally guarantee you if you don't take college seriously, it will be one of your biggest regrets. It doesn't seem like it now, but take my word for it. It is a guarantee!

Meni

Dear Meni, You’re finally a SENIOR! You’re probably thinking, “OH YEAH! I’m a senior! CLASS OF 2012!", well you really need to relax. This is the year you really need to focus. There’s no time for slacking off; colleges have their "binoculars", looking at your GPA, extracurricular activities, and ACT/SAT scores. This is some advice I will need you to follow through your senior year and towards your first year of college: 1.Don’t Be Afraid Participate in Class Discussion I know it’s very nerve racking to state your opinion because you may think that your answer is wrong but, remember, just go with your instinct. 2.Learn to Take Responsibility You had your chance to do whatever you wanted because your parents or teachers were able to fix it, but now it’s time to be accountable for your actions. 3.Always Be Yourself Never feel obligated to change who you are, no matter what anyone says. Do the best you can and if the results don’t come out the way you wanted, just know that you tried your best while others don’t try themselves. Your Future Self, Meni

The area and the weather. When it hits winter, there's no turning back because winter can be here until March. Even though I've only been there for a year, it was very much frustrating. I also didn't like how small the campus was, even though it has some good parts to it.

Diamond

My school is very challenging, demanding, yet fun.

My school is very challenging, demanding, yet fun.

I thought college was going to be similar to high school as far as homework and reporting to class is concerned. I thought if you miss a class, the instructor would review the material. And if an assignment is missed, there would be some leniency so that it could be turned in late. Again, I failed to realize that there would be consequences for those actions. If I do not turn in an assignment on time or report to class, I earn a zero for the assignment and have to find another way to learn what I missed in class. If I knew then what I know now, on the first day of school I would have been better prepared to handle the challenges of collegiate academics and the lack of privacy that prevails in dorm life. Specifically, my habit of procrastination when it came to studying or completing assignments left me ill-prepared for the demands of navigating class schedules and assignments, while sharing a bedroom and bathroom in the dormitory poses challenges of a much more personal nature. Now that I have been here for a year I would warn high school self about the dangers of college.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend my school would be someone who is not focus, not self motivated, and just wants to party. My school is not known to be a party school it is strictly focused on academics therefore, all of the future applicants who would like to attend college for parties should not attend my school.

Deanna

The best advice that I could give to a highschool senior is just to keep moving forward. Remember, life is never hard; it's just how you perceive life. Being a high school senior myself, I've learned a great deal of how to take control and moving at my own past of life. You're going to make mistakes. At times you will look back with some regrets, but just don't be hard on yourself. Keep going and never look back. Stepping into a new era of education, I made myself a promise. I promised myself to devote my time and energy to nothing but achieving the best I can, and I'm glad that so far I have kept this promise and I hope you will as well. Transition to adulthood can be difficult. Never forget its all about how you perceive the world. Be in charge of your life. You are a bright soul who has so much potential in life. You deserve all the best. Don't lose your momentum to keep moving forward. Take baby steps. YOU CAN DO IT!! -Truly yours

University of Pittsburgh-Titusville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.