Titusville, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

MaryAnn

If I could go back to August 30th I would. And while am there, I would change my effort on math So far this term, after math class I have held off on doing my homework, when it was time to do it. I would give half effort on my math . My habits became consistent in allowing myself to give half effort on any math assignment. I noticed my homework started to affect my test scores. The problem was due to the fact that I never checked my answers to see if they were right. And if they were wrong, I would be studying from wrong solutions. Therefor I would familiarize myself with wrong work which showed on my math test results. This was a result of me to giving half effort on my homework. If I could go back to August 30th, I would do my homework with full effort. I have begun to ask my professor for help after class on a concept that I don’t understand. Also I have begun to review my math homework and work on practice quizzes. Most importantly I have started to check my math solutions to make sure they are correct.

The thing I like most about upt is no distractions. No parties, nowhere to go, nothing to do except your school work

The learning environment, most of the people that attend upt are not motivated to learn. This behavior has an effect on me because as the saying goes “monkey see. Monkey do”

Dominique

The advice I would give myself if I were to go back as a high school senior is to visit more college campuses. I would actually research more about colleges before making a choice right away.

I wish I would have known that the closest transportation was about a half hour away from the school before coming. That's about the onlything because everything else is fine.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a person that is very open-minded. Someone who is interested in trying out new things and living in different areas that he or she isn't used to. Someone who is dedicated to his or her work should attend this school. It's a great atmosphere andvery friendly environment, so a person that is outgoing and happy should attend this school.

MaggieMae

Knowing what I know now as a college student – I would honestly give myself the advice to be prepared to expect the unexpected to happen, as you never know what might happen in the future ahead of you, to use and manage the funds I might receive for college very wisely, and also to take better care of myself and my diabetes, as well as to not let my diabetes stop me from getting involved with what I love to do, or being more open to making friends with other students too.

Amy

I would advise myself not to stress. High school was such a precious time and i wish I had enjoyed it more. Transitioning to college really means growing up, taking care of myself, and being an adult. It is a very hard transition. I think I have handled it well and everything has worked out fine. I would tell myself not to worry about the future.

nikola

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself. that college is nothing like highschool Be prepared and stay focused. I would tell myself to get organized and stay on the path of success. That i'm not a child anymore and it's time to make something of my life. I would advise myself to do what the teacher assigns and i will pass the class. also that I need to do this for me, not for anyone else. And that in 15 years that girl, those friends and that car might not be there and if i want anything to show for my years as a young adult, I should make the most of my college education.

Deborah

UPT Titusville has the best nursing program around. It is a challenging program, but if you stay with it you will succeed. It has a proven track record of 100% pass rate for the NCLEX test.

If I could go back in time and have a talk with my 17 year old self I would certainly give myself the advice to go to college immediately. I have waited 30 years to return to school and the transition that I have had to make from the working world to the full time college world has certainly been a challenge. I am pretty sure that if I had gone to college in 1980 I would not have found it as difficult on a day to day basis. I would most definitely have an encouraging talk with myself and push myself toward that college career while my brain is still young!

The kind of person that should not attend UPT Titusville is someone who is only going to school to party.

Gabriela

I would tell myself to prepare to be challenged in college. I would encourage myself and say that there's nothing I can't do if I just focus on it. The transition to college life was a challenge, I would encourage myself to be more independent and responsible. I would tell myself that no one is going to force me to get to class on time and finish assignments, I have to push myself. I would tell myself that there are incredible opportunities and to be ready to take them as they are offered to me. In regard to schoolwork, I would encourage myself to take advantage of the great resources schools and the libraries offer, and spend a lot of time studying in the library. I would tell myself to take time to get to know my professors and their expectations, and then try to exceed them. I would tell myself to be excited, because college is an awesome adventure and I'll only experience it once, so take every opportunity to learn and enjoy college life.

Caitlin

First, I would tell myself not to slack off my senior year. That was my biggest mistake in high school. I would also tell myself to set time aside everyday to study. The differences in the amount of material you have to learn in high school and college are astronomical, and learning to study is one of the hardest things about college life. I study about twenty-five hours a week now compared to high school, where I studied about five minutes before my test. Studying is a skill that can only be aquired through practice. I wish that someone would have prepared me for the extreme changes from high school to college. If I could have had the chance to prepare again, studying would my number one priority in high school.

The best thing about Pitt at Titusville is that the teachers really care about you. They want you to succeed. Because it is such a small campus, the teachers can really get to know you and try to help you in any way the can.

The type of person who should not attend University of Pitt at Titusville is someone who is not dedicated. The classes are intense and fast-pased.

I have learned valuable lesson here. This campus is where a lot of changes happen for me. Not be able to go home when I want to and doing everything on my own wa hard at first. I used to it really fast though. Being here taught me how to manage my time so that I have enough time to get everything done and still have time to relaxed. It valuable for me to attend because for me its one step closer to my dream. I know that not being here I would not be able to achieve what I want and life. By not achieving that I will not be succeeding in life. Being in college actually means a lot to me. Its hard but as long as I have this mind set I know I will achieve !

I wish I would have known that this is a very small campus. Also that its not a lot of places to go on or off campus. I really wish I would have know that there is no transportion off here that will take you anywhere other than walmart.

Tony

My name is Tony Deshaun Manuel. I am a sophomore at Pulaski Technical College. I graduated from Hall High School in 2008. After I graduated from High School, I enrolled to Pulaski Technical College. This will be my second year at Pulaski Technical College. My goal is, to attend to 4-year-university. My ultimate goal is to become a businessman, hoping to own my business one day. I am currently taking 12-hours so I can transfer to a 4-year-university. I have learned that I have to depend on myself I can't depend on my teachers, I have to depend on me. College is much more than just pursuing another level of education its an experience that will make me a better, wiser, and more intelligent person. I hope one day when i have children that they too will attend college and get the same experience that i have experienced. College does have similarities as high school, but they do not have as many hours and study time as college do. That is something that i definitely had to get use to is studying more now I am use to it. i am use to it.

University of Pittsburgh-Titusville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.