Evansville, IN
University of Southern Indiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Indiana

Laura

I would tell myself to apply for scholarships, lots of scholarships. College is expensive, a good education is expensive. I would also tell myself to explore the requirements for different majors. Another thing would be to try harder and learn more so that my grades would improve from learning, not from just doing the work and then forgetting what I had learned. Also, to study harder for tests and improve my vocabulary and knowledge by applying myself better to the material. I would tell myself to get more involved in campus activities.

Kathryn

My school is known mostly for being extremely affordable. It is a wonderful educational environment for a very low cost. It is the best campus I found with a four-year degree that is so little money. Expessially in this tough economic time, it is very important to save money and get a college degree. Expessially from such a great school as University of Southern Indiana.

If I could jump in a time machine and tell my senior self anything it would have to be to seize the day, or Carpe Diem. I have learned from being in college that you need to make every moment, of everyday the happiest of your life. Yes, life is hard but you only get one. Take the time make yourself smile, study for the test so that you can be proud of yourself when you get a good grade on it, or maybe help someone in need. I have learned that I need to look at every day like another opportunity to not only better my life, but to better someone else?s, and to better the world. I know that everyone has the potential to be great, but they all do not seize their call. I would like to tell my senior self to seize the call, to prepare myself for college. Hopefully I would not be so afraid of college and instead embrace this experience to better the world and myself.

The councilors are hard to get a hold of, and once you have their attention they do not answer all of the questions completely. The councilors will tell you as little information as possible, and I do not think the councilors see students as adults. This aspect is very frustrating.

Lindsey

First of all, find a college that fits you, not necessarily the one that you think has the major that you want. If you find the right fit you will adjust easier and that will help to lead you in the right direction for the major that fits you, for you will change your major at least once during college. Take any dual credit courses that your high school offers. That way , you either have some of your core class work done or if they do not accept the credit, you have the experience of a college course before you even get there. Next, do not room with one of your friends from high school. Hanging out with them in high school is totally different than living with them 24/7. It will be a treat to hang with them when you have to make plans to see each other. That way you have someone that you respect to talk to when things aren't going exactly as planned. And, be open to new experiences and get involved on campus.

I wish I had been better prepared for time management, and had had better studying skills.

Someone who wants the convenience of a larger town without the large campus, like IU. Someone who likes regular to smaller class sizes, wants a more personal feel or touch. This school has all the conveniences/assessability as a larger school with the personal touch of getting to know your professors and other students in your classes.

Brandi

I would tell myself to relax and enjoy life more, to not let the small things get to you so easily. I would say that no matter how tough school and life get, I will always have a great support system that will help me get through it. I would also give some advice on making it easier to find and apply for financial assistance for school since that was always something that has been difficult. I don't regret anything I have done in my past because without those experiences, I would not be me. But if I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself small tips here and there that would help me get through some tough times.

My classmates are eager to reach the top.

My classmates are eager to reach the top.

My first advice would definitely be to relax! In high school I studied and worked extremely hard all the time. I would rarely give myself a break if I did not achieve to what I believed I should have. I know that my high school years prepared me for my future in college. I would tell myself that I'm not on my own to get to where I want to be. I will have my professors and classmates there along for the ride with me. It is very important to balance having a life with school, as well as getting into a crowd of good people. I would remind myself that above all family is the most important thing in life, and that they are the ones that keep us grounded and pick us up when we do fall. In all, the best advice to give myself would be to have fun, make memories, and never let my future goals slip away.

I consider the best thing bout my school is its focus for my future success. As of now , I am a biology major, planning on going into pre-med. My classes are difficult, but my teachers are there for help whenever I need them. They are supportive and push us to strive and expect for the best. I appreciate my teachers interest in my future of becoming a doctor. Without their support, the process of reaching my goal would be alot more frustrating. I am excited to see where my future leads me with the help of my professors!

Univeristy of Southern Indiana is always finding new ways to keep the students involved.

I would tell myself to meet new people and get involved while your a freshman because the sooner you get involved the better you will be to know the connections for good internships, opportunities and upper classman.

A person who doesnt want to be in a small classes or waht to get to know the teacher better and not want to attend any classes.

USI is big but small enough to know people and parking sucks.

USI is big but small enough to know people and parking sucks.

Make sure you are ceratin with what you want to major in. Do well in high school and take it more seriously so your grades can get all the schlorships you can to help with expenses because they will add up over the years. Be prepared and dont wait for the last minute to look for schlorships or to get student loans. Have fun but dont have too much fun and waste your money. Achieve your goals to your best ability and go be what you are meant to be.

That college is a lot more expensive then you think, and that trying to work to pay for your college and going to school is hard and you need to be strong and not to give up.

I am impressed with University of Southern Indiana, most of the students seem motivated and willing to do their school work.

University of Southern Indiana is right outside city limits, therefore it looks and seems more spacious than many other colleges. It has abundant areas to study outside. It also provides accomodations for commutors; such as parking spaces. I am impressed with the spacious apartments and dormitories that are available on campus. At USI, there is a program that allows international students to live on campus while obtaining their degree, and encourages activities/interaction with the local students and their families. I also like the fact that most of the teachers speak English fluently.

I would visit my high school counselor more frequently to inquire about available CAP and dual credit classes that would transfer to my chosen university. These classes cost almost half the price when taken during high school and I could have had a full college semester completed by the time of graduation, which would have allowed me to spend more time for the specific classes I need to take for my major. I would also tell myself to get involved more in high school; to enjoy the extra time I had in high school because college requires more studying. Another thing I would tell myself is that when I sign up for my college classes, to view the web site called www.ratemyprofessor.com. This site would help me discover what teacher I should sign up for. I also would tell myself not to worry about the upcoming new college experiense so much; that I will find friends and will enjoy my time there.

University of Southern Indiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.