Troy, MI
Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration

Vesna

I just recently transferred to Walsh College to complete a bachelors degree in Finance. I chose Walsh specifically because it is ranked one of the top three business schools in Michigan. Walsh College keeps classroom sizes small making it easier to reach out to professors. I am looking forward to obtaining my degree at Walsh College.

Thomas

Knowing what I know now, I probably would have done a bit to scare myself on just what it means to pay back a student loan. Perhaps that might have encouraged me to save bits of money here and there, allowing me to pay for school up-front. In time, I've also become jealous of my peers having taken classes which translated to college credits during high school. I know that I was smart enough to complete such AP classes, but without a plan having been made clear to me in how it all fit together, it was easier at the time to abstain from the entire experience than it was to submit myself to it. I suppose I would have assigned myself some exercises (since I would have literally done any assignment put in front of me if it had a grade attached to it), and beyond that, offered guidance and encouragement to my past self. And I would have taught myself to cook bacon much sooner in life.

A person looking to become well-rounded in disciplines outside of business. Even the elective credits at Walsh are business classes.

Dawn

College has helped me to focus better on the task at hand and manage my time and projects better to ensure success. It has provided many different views, showing me how to look at things from different perspectives and to remain flexible. It has allowed me to socialize with people who are anxious to learn and succeed which provides motivation to keep moving forward in life and to never remain idle. College has shown me many unselfish people who care to help one another and who wish to make this world a better place. College has taught me to be patient, to reflect, and to think before acting. College has made me realize how lucky I am to have this opportunity and that when the time comes, I must return the favor by becoming more involved in the community. College has shown me promise and that there is a much better future if we just reach out and try.

Walsh provided ample information regarding their school and programs. There have been no surprises and it has been as I expected - challenging.

I am very pleased with Walsh College and do not find anything that I could complain about. It is quite challenging, but I expect to be challenged in order to learn. If it were too easy, something would be wrong.

Marleen

I would practice writing more essay questions and papers to get more experince. I would try to learn different types of studying activities and different ways to outline reading materials.

Someone working hard and wanting to proceed in life. Someone who will put effort into school.

Kimberly

My classmates are all just like me. We all have the same drive to suceed and are working hard to acheive our goals. Walsh College is a tough school because it provides the education and skills needed to suceed in business.

Walsh College teachers are known for being experienced professionals is the fields of business and accounting. Graduating students have what it takes to suceed in their chosen field of study.

I have often thought to myself, "If I could go back I would sure do things different." I am sure everyone as they get older has had this same thought. With age comes experience and knowledge. Now that I am older, and the parent of a teenager, I often express the need to work hard with my twelve year old son I tell him often that he has to work harder now, and then he will not have to work as hard when he is my age. I let him know that if I had worked harder at his age I would not be struggling so much today. I would have a great job that I loved and just a job that barely pays the bills. If I could go back to being a high school senior I would be working hard on a path to attending the best college I could get into. I would already be on that path working hard on a plan with this goal. I would work as hard as I could to achieve the highest grade point average possible and do whatever I could to be the most successful person that I could be.

Ariel

If I could tell my "senior self" anything, it would be to take college seriously, and do so with a carreer in mind, especially in those first few semesters filled with what seems like pointless prerequisites. Being in college should be fun, but not at the expense money and (more importantly) precious time. College is just as much about hard work and dedication as it is about self-discovery; what is done during this time will determine future opportunities. Walk into college with a vigilant attitude and a knowledge that this is one step closer to "real life". Be determined to succeed and know that what you are learning is important, regardless of how your classmates and peers feel about the material. In the end, it is all about you; how hard you work, how well you do in the courses, and how you will determine your next steps. There will be plenty of guidance, but there will be no hand-holding. This independence is deliberate; it is your time to prove yourself, so do it with pride and excellence. The doors in front of you are some that others may never see; open them with an open heart.

As a student, living on my own, that does not meet the requirements of an "independent" student in FAFSA terms, I was unable to receive sufficient federal funding for my education. The Financial Aid Director has the power to override this status and make a special exception. However, the director at Walsh College was unwilling to hear my unique situation and help me achieve my education in a manner that will not financially cripple me in the future. Because of this fact, I now must rely on costly "alternative" loans to complete my education. It is disheaertening.

Walsh College is very business-centered, giving a very well-rounded education and yet focusing on only business. The instructors are experienced and knowledgable, and are always willing to do whatever they can in order for their students to succeed in "real world" business situations. They not only teach what they find in textbooks, but they also teach from their personal experiences. The instruction I have received from Walsh College is priceless.

Education focused mostly of areas of Business.

Education focused mostly of areas of Business.

I would tell myself not to wait to long to decide a major because then you will be taking classes that have nothing to do with your degree. Figure out your degree as soon as you can so you can be taking the classes you need for that degree. This would make a difference on how long you are in college because you did not take classes you did not need.

Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.