Portland, OR
Warner Pacific College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Warner Pacific College

Nikki

I'm currently enrolled in the accelerated adult program and love it. They really go the extra mile to welcome new and returning students. This program sets a student up for success. There are several options for assistance in curriculum that are invaluable. The atmosphere is very comfortable and supportive. I'm very happy i made the decision to return and attend Warner.

Warner Pacific has a great number of Professors and Doctors who are willing to work with you through your college journey. There is a lot of freedom here at Warner when it comes to open conversation and dialogue on controversial subjects or current events and how we can get involved as a community. There are many opportunities given to serve the community around us through different organizations and the college itself is very much an advocate in creating a space where students can speak and take action on issues going on within the school and in the community.

Taelor

I love the community that Warner Pacific has to offer. Everyone is beyond friendly and welcoming. Webern pacific feels more like home to me.

Colten

This was an adult degree program that fit into my schedule perfectly while working full time. Group projects and lots of essays - the way I prefer to learn.

I would tell myself to take a year off instead of going straight to school and working. At that young of an age, I had no idea of what I wanted to be or study.

The people at my highschool, at the time, were not into drugs. The school was very focused on allowing students to gain college credit for classes.

Benjamin

Small class sizes with professors who know you name and will help you do the work needed to receive a desireable grade. A close knit community in the heart of Portland that is a well known chrisitian college in the state.

I would tell myself to accept the changes that were about to come. Not to worry or second guess decision making in terms of going to college and what college to go too. Relax and to enjoy the college experience instead of worrying too much about finding a job. Also to accept the fact that money will be sparce, not to overly worry about financial strain, but to know that money will come. Finally, I would tell myself to work hard on all the different outlets in terms of scholarships, not to take them for granted or think that they are not for me, but to work hard each day in the classroom, on the track, and either at work or finding scholarships. I would say to always stay persistent, because good things will come to those who stay the course. Ben Nelson

Someone who is seeking a large school with alot of diversity. A non religious person who has no interest in learning more about religion and anyone that wants a large campus experience.

Carlos

Advice I would give my high school self would be to enjoy your time in high school. I am not going to advise my high school self to stay away from certain situations because that is how I grew more as a person. Take your schooling serious, because you don’t know how blessed you are to live in a country where school is easily accessible. Teach yourself that you don’t always have to consume all your time with friends and going out. Make time for your family as well for homework and studying. Take the advice your father gives you, because it’s going to be the best advice you will ever receive. Really dive into God’s word, try to be more Christ like and live the life God wants you to live. Not the life society is pushing on you to live. Don’t be scared to take more leaps of faith, because God is always there to catch you if you fall. Finally, be more appreciative of your parents because they have tried to give you everything you needed, if not more.

The best thing about Warner Pacific College, is the fact that teachers here don't view you as a number. They view you as a student and they really want to see you accel in school. The small classroom sizes make the learning envoirnment comfortable and you learn so much more like that. The teachers also want to get to know you and don't mind meet up with you for coffee before class. They don't mind meeting up with you if you are struggling to understand something in class. That's the reason why Warner is the best.

The main thing I wish I knew before coming here was to have an open mind. Coming from Southern California to Portland, people here are very liberal and I need to understand that people have different opinions than mine. I wish I also prepared myself for the rainy weather in Oregan. On the first day of raining season I was soaking wet when I was walking from my dorm to the library. To summarize what I wish I knew before coming is that people have a different mindset here in Portland and I should have bought an umberlla.

Jawayne

The way I would describe my classmates in one sentence is they are extremely helpful and it only wants me to help them just as much in return.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self to believe in myself and abilities a lot more. To not lack the confidence to do better than others in class and sports. I would also tell myself to keep wrestling because it was a great blessing from God that you went to a place that you never expected to go to, Warner Pacific College. Being able to experience the chance of adulthood and to live a life where you are in pursuit of your very own happiness. You will be given the chance to prove all of those people wrong about you not ever becoming a doctor in spite of the lifestyle your parents lived. Keep fighting and do not give up on your vision along though it may seem blurry in time, but eventually the problems and struggles will clear the way and you will realize how far you have come to this point and realize how close you are to reaching your career, goal, your life long dream to live to make lives better as your did for yourself in God's vision.

The one thing I consider to be the best thing about my school at Warner Pacific is the encouragement to want to join together. Since there is not so much of a diversity of African-American males and females, it is greatly encouraged because every one is treated equally at the school. I have yet to have seen anyone treat eachother in a disrecpectful manner. Students and teachers rather encourage each other to perform at his or her best in class as well as out side of the class room.

bethany

it is known for it religious based studies.

it is known for it religious based studies.

i would tell my high school self to focus more on my studies insted of going to parties and being popular. i would also say things get better when you get older just make the decisions that your heart says is right and you will be just fine. i wish i had someone to show me how to deal with the pressures as a young person growing up in poverty i did alot of stupid stuff that i cannot take back but that i have changed and made myself learn from my mistakes in hopes i can show others that you do not need to be a bad egg to get attention that you just need to be happy with yourself and ignore others when they mock you.

how friendly people are here and also how much this school has helped me grow as an adult.

william

If i had the chance to talk to myself during my senior year of high school, i would definitely tell myself to start studying harder and apply for more scholarships. Stop shirking and put in the work. Don't take time off ever, and lastly, prepare for anything and everything.

The worst thing about WPC are the requirements. Being a church based school students are required to commit 10 hours a semester to community service and 15 hours a semester to chapel. being a student ahthlete i have alot of time constraints. but also being involved in work study makes it alot harder to meet these requirements.

The most frustrating thing about WPC are the dorms. Theyre pretty cramped and could use a decent upgrade. With two people to a dorm theres not a whole lot of breathing room.

Kimberly

I did just enough to get by my freshman and sophomore years in high school. I wasn’t really thinking about my future and started off with a GPA of 1.75. My dad and I had a serious talk about how my education will affect my future and how important it really is. I understood how important it is to work hard and to do your best and succeed. For the first time, I understood why my parents moved to this country. From that point, I decided to change. My first quarter of junior year, I made the academic honor roll, earning a 3.5 GPA. My parents were proud of me proving that I could do better. I decided to challenge myself by taking an AP class and also applying to take classes at a community college.

Warner Pacific College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.