Washington, NJ
Warren County Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Warren County Community College

Fixed  rate loan

Krista

For a local community college in a very rural area, Warren County Community College does it's best to help students as much as they can. The class sizes are small so it's easier to interact with the professor and other students. They do lack night classes that should be made available to students since many community colleges cater to those going back to school after a hiatus. The professors are great though, they care about their students, about the subjects they teach and are readily available to answer any questions on and off campus.

Janine

I am enrolled at Warren County Community College and it's a very unique school in that I commute, as all of the students do, and because of the size of the school I feel that I recieve the attention I need and the education I desire. WCCC's professors are truly interested in my personal education and well being, which makes the transition from high school to college easier and it allows me to expand my horizons effortlessly.

Advice is often precious and it should never be forgotten whether it is bad or good. I would tell my younger self that what really counts isnt how many shots you had that night, its how well you've done in college and where you're going with your life. To never party and always study, keep a constant eye on my grades and GPA as well as look for great job opportunities ahead of time. I would try to explain about transitioning from living with my parents to living with a stranger, and how getting along is vital to keeping both of you sane. Agreements and "trade-off's" are great for negotiating room space, study time and hanging out with friends. The most important pieve of advice I would give myself is to just relax and enjoy evey class I take and be myself. In the end that will take me anywhere I want to go in life because happiness is often followed by success.

I wish I had known that as a freshman most of my classes were going to be in the morning. I also wish I had taken the time to enjoy the classes I took because it would have made my experience through high school and now college more enjoyable. Really understanding and enjoying the classes you take will make the process of getting up early, doing homework, have study groups and talking to professors easier and simple.

My school is full of potential and really motivated me to work hard every day I'm there, to get me where I want to go.

I would tell myself that working hard is what you need to get you where you need to go. It's okay to put things to a hault and focus on school, and getting excellent grades.

The kind of perso who should attend this school are people who can't affford a university, and who can make a difference. The kind of person should be motivated to get beyond a oint to make it into a university.

Tiffany

Each person is unique and there is no way to describe them as a whole; everyone is friendly and willing to help new students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be careful not to take on more than I can handle as far as the number of classes I take and their subject content. I would also tell myself to try to find out about the teaching styles of my professors so that I would have a better idea of those who could benefit me more. Another piece of advice I would offer is to apply for scholarships early even when financial aid and NJSTARS apply. Lastly, I would say to always start papers and projects as soon as I find out about them, so that I don't have as many late nights spent finishing them as most college students do. Knowing all of this would allow me to have a smooth transition and successful college experience.

Someone who is looking for a more one-on -one learning atmosphere. Classes are small and instructors take the time to help students who are struggling.

Brian

I believe my school is best known for its nursing program. However, I see it as a place for strudents without the money to attend a university or private college to begin their education. I know that is the reason that I am there and I know of a lot of kids who are in the same situation.

I would tell myself not to go to a school that is known for their parties. I went to Rutgers and found myself lost in the crowd and partying way too much. I would tell myself to follow my instincts and not go somewhere that may not be the right fit for me. Also, I would tell myself to read and study. College is not like high school. You need to do the required work and then some extra work to get the grades that you want.

A person that has the grades to get into a 4 year school and has the money to attend that school should not attend my school. The classes are not the most challenging and there is no social scene that I can see but it is a good place to take your core classes and then transfer out.

Warren County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.