Montgomery, WV
West Virginia University Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Virginia University Institute of Technology

Courtney

Personally, this campus is so beautiful in more ways then one. In front of the main building, Carter Hall, we have a sign with our WV and such pretty flowers. It is a sight. The food is always so amazing, the staff is always there to help. It is a great university to be apart of.

Ana

The small classes size make it easier for a relationship with the professors. However, since we are a small school, we don't have all the resources. We recently moved campus location to another town, and there was not enough time to prepare everything which resulted in some lab exercises with poor results. Overall, we have good programs but there is room for improvement.

David

My overall opinion of WV Tech is it's a nice campus with extracurricular activities to do whether it be hiking, visiting historic coal mines, watching sporting events, or going to the mall. I wish the school had a football team. The dorm rooms are nice in Hogan Hall--you can't hear a bunch of noise from adjoining rooms. I wish we had more food choices and the cafeteria was opened longer during the week nights and during the entire weekend.

My overall opinion of west Virginia Tech is that its great and the campus is moving to Beckley WV from Montgomery WV so there will some changes next year which I believe it will make the school more popular because there are more things to do in Beckley like more shops and entertaining things to occupy the students.

Emilee

The grass is as green as you make it, Emilee. Taking the easy way out, abiding by others’ rules and recommendations, moving away and attending a school because someone else goes there, following in someone else’s footsteps—these will not bring you bliss. You must create the life you want. Pursuing a dream not your own will not allow you personal growth. It will not give you fulfillment, or reward you with the self-acceptance you greatly desire. Be true to yourself; trust your intuition and when that voice in your heart says this is your calling and sings with joy, believe it because it is never wrong. Follow your passion and strive, everything else will fall into place.

Isaac

Going back in time would be a very helpful thing for me. I would be able to teach myself how to properly study for college classes, how to manage my money, and many other useful tricks. In high school, I did not need to study much, if at all, to do well. When I went to college, it was a different story. I have picked up ways that help me and they would have been a great help my freshman year. I would have made sure I worked as long and as frequently as possible to make the maximum amount I could before school started to help pay it off. I would give advice to myself that would help me save some cash in the long run. Most importantly, I would have probably reccomended going to WVU instead of Tech because I started to dread living there in the middle of nowhere.

The worst thing would be the lack of options for food and fun. The cafeteria closes early and the next closest thing is a McDonalds a few miles out. There are a very limited amount of things to do around campus.

Any male or female that enjoys the small campus setting and plans to major in the engineering fields. They have a great program and very small class sizes making it easier to get help from teachers.

I would have to say that for the first few years of college consider somewhere close thats similar to how the student grew up. Choose a school that is well within your budget while trying to win scholarships by way of tests and contests. Remember that no matter how difficult it seems, or how crazy things get at times, to just hang in there because it is the end result that matters most; the journey is only the beginning.

A person looking for a small town challenging school experience.

someone who doesnt know how to balance their time between school and life.

most of my classmates got along and the ones i did where amazing and intellegent

Go visit before you go anywhere and stay the night during the school week. Walk around. Visit all colleges you have intrest in, don't limit your self.

I am in a joint program and I wish i had a choose of where i was sent.

Cody

Look for a place that is going to be sociabally friendly and a school where your student would most likely have the best chances to succeed!

The fact that the school is on the side of a mountain and that the food is terrible

A person that is good at math and would like to do engineering.

David

i would tell parents to allow their children to make the decision. their kids are growing up and they need to let them start making decisions of their own. i would tell the students to pick a school that is in their "comfort" range from home. that is one of the top things (if they're homesick they cant learn). next they need to pick a school that can prepare them for a career they want to do. the last thing is very important but is one of the last things you should look at: where your friends are going. its tough for some people to make new friends so some people may want to go with a friend. last, they need to take in to consideration their parents views.

a person who wants to stay close to home and enjoys small classes

West Virginia University Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.