Western Iowa Tech Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western Iowa Tech Community College

Karli

I have been going to Western Iowa Tech for a year and a half now and its amazing for a community college. All of the teachers are available and they make the classes interesting and fun. I will definitely recommend this college to friends.

Karol

My opinion is that if you are undecided about a college, this is your best option in my opinion. I love this campus, it is to nice inside out. Nice students as well as professors, I do not regret choosing this college. I've had so much fun, that if I could finish my whole career in here, I would.

Tyler

This is a small town community college. There are so many programs to choose from, and there is an open environment for everyone. The environment is caring and safe for everyone. This college is a great place to start either from high school, or just starting after years off. It is a great place to start!

brenda

Western Iowa Tech has some of the best professors. I have received some of the best help possible. They really care about their students and they actually make you feel welcomed in their campus. I have enjoyed my 2 years at this campus.

mubarek

I believe Western Iowa Tech Community College is a really good college. It's very well diverse. The staffs and the people are very friendly. You get along with everyone very well. I feel safe anytime I step out of my dorm to go to class. Overall I am glad am attending Western Iowa Tech Community College because it is a great school.

leambra

I love the campus, the professors are amazing. Everyone wants you to succeed and they will do what ever it is they can to help you achieve what ever goal it is you are striving for. I love that they give laptops when you enroll, it's just one less thing your have to buy as a college student.

Grace

Overall, Western Iowa Tech Community College was the perfect stepping stone for me in my college career. Though it is not the college I graduated from, it was incredibly helpful in pointing me in the right direction for my career path. I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

Sandra

I like everything about Witcc. I am satisfied and very happy to have chosen Witcc as my school. Everyone is very friendly, the teachers are very capable and do their work in a great way. The technology the campus has is impressive and it is very useful that we can have a Macbook during our stay in school. Definitely, studying at Witcc is the best decision I've ever made.

Community College, should not mean subpar education. Because I have children, I chose to take online classes. While I realize that online classes lack the interaction found in a traditional classroom setting, the online classes provided by Western Iowa tech. is a half a step up from being self-taught. There is little to no feedback/interaction from the instructors. I took a creative writing class, and literally received "Adequately answered prompt." "Sufficiently for filled assignment" week after week. In addition, I took a psychology class. Here again, apart from a faceless professor posting assignments and kicking back grades weeks after the unit had wrapped, there was no participation on the part of the instructor. No feedback on posts, no comments on the assignments, only a grade. It is clear that I am incredibly disappointed. I transferred in with a 4.0. I work very hard, and expect some effort in return, on the part of the college. I feel that apart from Western Iowa Tech having the authority to present a diploma, the education level is that of checking out a library book on the subject. My advice, it's your time, your effort, your federal loans, gather then all and go elsewhere.

Jamila

Western Iowa Tech is a great school.

Uyen

Witcc is a good school, amazing classroom with good facilities, enthusiastic teachers, funny and friendly students, affordable tuition. The overall expansion is quite perfect. The class is very comfortable, quiet, suitable for spending time studying.

Crysta

The classes are all right, the class sizes are small which is nice. In my opinion, the best thing about Western Iowa Tech is that the professors are easy to talk to, whether it is in person or online. The professors make their priority you when you speak to them; they make sure to answer any and all questions.

Jocelyn

I believe that Western Iowa Tech Community College is a very good school. I think that the best part about the school is the staff. There are so many people who are actually interested in their student's lives. I think that the staff truly are there to help the students and help them achieve their career goals.

Overall I think WITCC is a great place to get your base education if you are not pursuing a trade program. Although the location is not ideal it is still a great school. For trade programs you can earn free tuition too depending on the program you are enrolled in.

Tiffany

I am attending WITCC because it has been the only college I have gone to. WITCC has been a good experience for me and all the staff there are very friendly, they are always there to help you with anything and everything, all you have to do is ask. They make you feel welcomed and they accept you. I enjoy my time at WITCC because the staff there make it feel kind of like home, you don’t have this nervous, awkward feeling when you walk in, like when it’s your first day at school. They make you feel like you have been there for a very long time. I am attending WITCC because they staff there make it an amazing experience and it’s fun and very educational. I have learned a lot through WITCC and that is why I want to continue with my education through WITCC and nowhere else.

Ryan

I actually graduated from West Texas A&M, a pretty big state school. I played soccer there and was in a Fraternity. So I understand the life at a large state school and how that differs from the feel of a community college. I currently work 30 hours a week and take courses in physical therapy. The school has a much more working class feel! Most students are non-traditional and we do not have competitive sports. The kids that live on campus did not go here for the typical college scene and that is pretty obvious in their reflective attitude. Socially they still go out and have drinks, fortunately we are in Sioux City, IA and two 4 year schools are in the town so its not too hard to find a party if you keep your eyes open. If you really want to party make the 45 minute drive to vermillion and the University of South Dakota campus... GO YOTES. I actually played at 2 schools before now being here at witcc. THE FOOD HERE IS ACTUALLY NOT GREAT... worse yet... IT IS INSANE EXPENSIVE. You will pay 9 bucks for snack size meal. I once went through the line with a small order of chicken strips and cheese balls. I heard the price of my food and asked if I could put the food back and not pay that much. Campus gym is nice and for physical therapy in particular we have a nice area to practice anything that would relate to our career in our PT lab. Overall people here mean business! They want to improve their lives and career. People may enjoy their days here and they may not enjoy them but thats not why they are here.

Kathy

Would not recommend to anyone, school only cares about taking your money. The RN program is self teach, they don’t teach you anything. Cash Bratetic is the worst one of them all. I’m sure he’s a good bedside nurse but not cut for teaching. Won’t help you or anyone, he’s there for the paycheck only. Doesn’t like you asking questions in class. Never met anyone like this before, please save your money and go to a RN program that cares for the students. The DON kelli is a joke not sure why she’s even in the position. She doesn’t care either and it reflects on the lowest NCLEX-RN pass rate in the whole state. Don’t believe? Google it.