Wytheville, VA
Wytheville Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wytheville Community College

Brandon

I feel like it is a fun, safe place to be all the time and it is an easy learning environment. It has lots of parking space, very accessible teachers, and field trips that are easy and always fun to go to and join for a day. I wish it was a 4 year-degree school and it was Wytheville College or something. It would be extremely nice!

Shianne

Wytheville is an amazing school. I am so happy I made the choice in attending this school! The teachers are extremely knowledgeable on their subjects, and they always make sure their students are comprehending the material. The professors also help each student one on one when they need it. I have recommended this school to several peers who are graduating soon.

Melissa

I would say that my classmates have been nice people, that work well together.

I would say that my classmates have been nice people, that work well together.

I would advise myself to take advantage of the clubs that are offered at the college. I feel that I missed out on that experience while I worked my way through my associates degree. More importantly, I would advise myself to keep going even if things get really tough. I’ve learned that I can work my way through some pretty tough situations. But I’ll never get anywhere if I don’t try. I would tell myself that starting at a community college was the right decision. It really saves a lot of money in the long run. And it’s a good idea to look at the articulation agreements between colleges to find out what types of classes are likely to transfer to a four year college.

I would say the most frustrating thing about the college is that there isn't much selection for classes beyond the basic general studies curriculum.

Caitlin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a few tips about college life and the transitions that need to take place in order to succeed. I would tell myself to take as many dual-credit courses that I could, look at the courses and degrees that the college has to offer, and to prepare myself for the feeling of not having friends that are physically there. I would tell myself to be ready for all of the freedoms that you get while you are in college, but also be ready for the reality of the difficulty level change, especially with homework, quizzes, and tests. All in all, I would tell myself that college is the beginning of the rest of my life, and to enjoy the ride.

In my opinion, the best thing about my school is the closeness between the students and professors. Many professors leave their office doors open so students can come anytime they are in to ask questions about homework, academics, or what is going on around campus. They genuinely care whether or not their students succeed.

I believe that people who want a very good interpersonal relationship with their professors and fellow students should attend this school. It is also a great opportunity to receive your Associate's Degree before you attend a four-year institution. Another good reason people attend this school is to increase their GPA before they attend another college or university.

DeAnna

I think Wytheville Community College is a great place to start your education, by far it is one of the best community colleges that I have attended.

I take a lot of my classes on line, but with the one class that I do take on campus, I would consider most students in the class to be very young and immature.

Considering I am a returning college student, if I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say, "have a little more discipline!" I am returning to college after being out for almost 7 years and things have changed a lot since then. I would tell myself don't fall in love with the first person you meet, wait , these things take time! I don't think that I would have changed things really the way they used to be, because if I could go back in time and tell myself what to change, who knows if I would have ended up on the path that I'm on now. Would I have my husband and kids? Probably not, so I think no matter what anyone could go back and change, most likely they wouldn't, I know that I wouldn't! Life is a very interesting journey with lots of twists and turns that make and mold us into who we were meant to be!

Brian

Self: "Hello Brian, how are you today? Actually, don't answer that, I remember today quite clearly, actually. Listen I've a few things to tell you as, well, I'm from the future. I hear you're thinking about going to college and now you're trying to decide where to go and what to expect. Well, I can tell you that at WCC you will come to find a need for hard work, dedication, and tenacity. You're going to spend a few years getting accostomed to the life of a student and it isn't going to be easy. Rather than suffering setbacks, sidetracks, and all other manner and sorts of trial and trepidation, listen carefully to what I say. 1. Sleep early and often. Get as much sleep as possible and sleep consistently every night. Go to bed early and get up early. 2. Study. Every morning when you wake up, every chance you get while seated, and every evening before you sleep. 3. Go to class. Never miss class, ever. Never be late to any class under any circumstances. You don't want to miss anything. 4. Keep a positive attitude. Good luck!

People from every racial, ethnic, religious, and spiritual background are welcome at Wythville Community College. Both high school grades and those who have been working a regular job for several years are welcome at WCC. The learning environment is highly conducive to learning with easy access to resources, technology, and tutors available at a moments notice. The most important quality a student at Wytheville Community College has is tenacity. The ability to work hard to achieve your goals is the only prerequisite and if your willing, there is little doubt you'll be able at WCC.

I tell my friends and anyone I 've just met that Wytheville Community College is a great place to attend college . If their considering futhering their I highly recommend WCC to prospective graduates from any background. At WCC, the student can excel and achieve anything they desire with hard work, dedication, and perseverance. If they wish to continue beyond WCC, attending here allows them to transfer to a major university with two years of their education completed. I earned my general studies and am now enrolled in nursing. I plan to transfer to Radford University in Fall of 2011!

Wytheville Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.