New Haven, CT
Yale University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Yale University

Mary

My school is best known for a mainly North East environment. If you are not from the North East then you are an outsider. Everyone parties at the University of Tampa and usually every day of the week. Everyone comes from money.

I would give myself the advice of choosing the right major right away. I changed my major and I wish I would've started out with what I really wanted and would be succesful at because my first semester hurt my GPA which hurts me still today. I would also tell myself to apply for many scholarships in order to not be in massive debt.

A person that is able to handle school and partying and a person that doesn't have financial worries.

Dear High School Self: Life gets a whole lot better once you leave DHS. After you graduate, you're going to learn more about yourself than you ever imagined. There will be some bumps in the road, but you'll grow stronger and wiser because of them. The people who you thought you couldn't live without will become strangers, and you'll be better off without them. Your college plans will change drastically, but you will recognize that you ended up where you needed to be, and you'll find happiness in unexpected places. Your writing talent will be appreciated and encouraged, and from this, you'll find your calling. As you take courses that interest you, you'll recognize education's power to change your life, and this will motivate you in your pursuit of a degree. Most importantly, as you make your way through your collegiate experience you'll realize that high school was irrelevant. It won't matter who you are right now as you read this, because the future version of yourself is refined - smarter, more mature, and more comfortable with herself. Just wait until you throw off your cap - things are going to change.

Colleen

I would have to say that the best advice I could have given myself would have been to not be so worried about firguring out what I wanted to do with my life. Although it has taken me several years after leaving my education to decide what direction I really wanted to go (nursing) I feel that I am more mature and ready now than I was back then. So, I would like to tell myself not to rush and to let things happen because it will all work out if you put in the time, the effort and the dedication. An additional piece of advice would have been to take things more seriously. While you are in college, you don't really know what the real world is all about and after you have been out of school for a few years and in a full time work environment, a college education/degree takes on a whole new meaning and importance.

Yale has shown me who I am as a student, a community member, and a person. It has introduced me to radically new and different ways of viewing the world, while still allowing for my individual beliefs and practices. Yale is a school where I genuinely love my classes, adore my dorm room, and have an enriching extra curricular life. More than the degree, what I am getting from Yale is the experiences I need to be a valuable member of society and to be happy and passionate about my future career.

It's not as intimidating as it seems, but you do have to work hard to keep up.

People who enjoy learning for the sake of learning. People with a passion. People who want to make a difference and help others.

Chelsea

A school that provides amazing eduacation, great focus, has wonderful faculty, and really wants you to do something amazing with the education you receive.

It has given me an amazing education with faculty who have really invested their time and energy into my education. I have had a lot of fun, while still focusing on getting the best education I possibly can. The faculty really want you to succeed and make a difference in the world and that is reflected in the way they teach in their classrooms. I wouldn't have picked a different university.

It is really cold and I have to walk far to get to my classes in the winter.

Scott

College, beyond the tests and review sessions, has set me on a path toward self-discovery. Spending time in an environment where no one knows who I am or what I am capable of was scary at first, but it allowed me to analyze how I act and respond to different people and ideas. I'm still very much in the midst of the journey, but I look forward to the destination: a calm, centered, powerful self.

I am so proud of the diversity of experience and ideas among the students at Yale. Each student has a unique perspective to offer or a unique piece of information to impart, yet never a judgement for what another person shares.

There are so many resources available to undergraduates- books, artwork, professors, student groups- and it is impossible to take advantage of everything that is offered. I wish I had more time to immerse myself in journalism, politics and other interests with which I didn't immediately fill my time.

lynn

So far, I have learned that I can make a difference if I really apply myself! I have been trying to please everyone else in my life, except for myself and my eight month old daughter, Lily. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with my life before. Recently, I discovered that I can make a true difference in other people's lives by becoming the best nurse I can . This in turn, will help me love myself and Lily more. It will give me a purpose in life and teach my daughter about commitment, reaching one's goals, and determination. I would love to be given a chance to further my education with this award money. My Mother works hard ; but cannotspare this kind of money needed. I need to prove it to myself and others that I will succeed with this goal-getting a Nursing degree! Thank You for your time! Sincerely, Lynn Hoffman

Shanaz

My college experience has allowed me to grow in ways I never thought I would. I come from a rural town--and when I say rural, I mean truly past the middle of nowhere where everyone knows everyone but no one knows much about the huge world and everythign that's out there. By coming to Yale, I've been exposed to students from all over the world, from Indonesia to New Zealand, with a roommate from Tanzania and friends from Columbia, Brazil and South Africa. The broadening of my horizons, and ultimately, my own perspective of the world has taught me a lot about myself and what the world has to offer. On top of that, I'm receiving educational instruction from some of the best professors in their fields, top scholars, nobel prize winners and the like. And yet, every single one of them are willing to sit down and have a meal with me, or discuss something that I'm confused about--regardless of how busy they are. I appreciate being valued as an individual and a student, and having an environment that is so conducive to learning and self-exploration.

There's not just one thing that you can consider "the best thing" about Yale. It's an amazing school all around. We have a world renowned legacy, attracting some of the best proffessors in their fields and the best students in the country. Our classes and extra-curricular activities are numerous and varying, allowing room for a very wide range of interests. The residential college system makes it so that you're part of a family, despite the size of our school (approximately 5000 undergraduates). Every last detail is thought of, and there's always someone willing to help.

If you're not independently motivated enough to strive for the best, work hard in all of your classes, work in a non-competitive but highly intelligent environment, then you should not apply to this school. Yale is amazing, but it takes a lot of hard work that's put forth outside of the classroom environment. On top of that, there are numerous extracurricular activities that require a lot of good time management skills, as well as a willingness to put forth effort to be an active member of whatever organization you choose. Yalies are very busy, very intelligent students.

Yale University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.